PDA

View Full Version : Wedding Fayre

Ash
09-Mar-08, 20:09
hey went along to the fayre today, got lots of info so happy about that, some of the stands tho nobody spoke,was abit dissapointed at that, felt i had to ask lots of questions to get some info, but there was alot of good local businesses there also

anyone else go?

sweetpea
09-Mar-08, 20:39
I went too. It was really good, got to try on a dress. Loved the chocolate fountain.... Katrina Sutherland was really helpful as well. Me and my pal are going to go for a pamper day soon just to see what it's like. Loved all the photographers albums to look through. Only thing is I've come away feeling a bit deflated because it brings home to you how much there is to organise. Even dresses need to be ordered 6-8 months in advance, with fittings and such like. Also found the invites I like.
All in all it was ok for up here I thought.
Did you see the photo at Keith Parkes stand of Dan's Truck? I want that one...lol:D

Ash
09-Mar-08, 21:18
saw the dress i want, and the invites, loved the fountain, but we were ignored by the person running the stand, no one spoke to us at all so i didnt bother, loved the idea of pamper hen party, deffo want that altho i still find the photographers way overpriced!

ashaw1
09-Mar-08, 22:52
saw the dress i want, and the invites, loved the fountain, but we were ignored by the person running the stand, no one spoke to us at all so i didnt bother, loved the idea of pamper hen party, deffo want that altho i still find the photographers way overpriced!
It was my chocolate fountain that appeared at the wedding fayre today in Lybster. The fayre was hectic at times and it was sometimes difficult for people to get the chance to talk. I did however talk to yourself when you entered the fayre and had no idea you had wished to talk again at a later stage. I don't believe in pushing my business onto people and would like to think that if someone was the slightest bit interested they would make themselves known to me. I am sorry that you feel i should have approached you but unfortunately i am no mind reader.

Ash
10-Mar-08, 09:21
It was my chocolate fountain that appeared at the wedding fayre today in Lybster. The fayre was hectic at times and it was sometimes difficult for people to get the chance to talk. I did however talk to yourself when you entered the fayre and had no idea you had wished to talk again at a later stage. I don't believe in pushing my business onto people and would like to think that if someone was the slightest bit interested they would make themselves known to me. I am sorry that you feel i should have approached you but unfortunately i am no mind reader.

im sorry you must have me mixed up with someone else, you never spoke to myself, when we were at your stall, there was noone else there, noone spoke to us, we took leaflets and walked away

ashaw1
10-Mar-08, 10:16
im sorry you must have me mixed up with someone else, you never spoke to myself, when we were at your stall, there was noone else there, noone spoke to us, we took leaflets and walked away
After appearing at wedding fayres i have learned from experience that most people pick up a leaflet, read it at home and then make direct contact if they are interested, if they have any questions on the day they will ask them. If you had advised me who you were then obviously i would have been aware that you had already made contact with myself through the Org. One lady did state to me that she had sent me an email through the Org and perhaps i shouldn't have taken it for granted that it was you. As i have only ever received 1 email through this site regarding my fountain i assumed it was yourself. I am sorry if you did not receive the attention you expected but as i said before i am not in the habit of forcing my business on people.

Ash
10-Mar-08, 11:15
i wasnt expecting anyone to force there business on us, but nobody even said hello, first wedding fayre i had been to so didnt know what to expect

John Baikie
10-Mar-08, 11:25
I feel it's a tricky situation at these events. Do you stand back and let people approach you, or do you approach them? I personally feel it scares people away if you jump on them when they come near, so I prefer to be there and available but let them have a look through my stuff and try to anticipate whether they want to speak or be left alone. Everyone is different. Sometimes people just want to have a look and see what's available, without being asked lots of questions and feel pressurised.

Suth11
10-Mar-08, 12:43
i forgot the wedding fayre was on would have liked to go but i think i have booked everything i need to so far.

i cant wait for our hen party spa day at Katrina Sutherland's it's a great way to have a nice hen party which all ages can join in (my lil sister is my bmaid and she is only 11)

was Heilda there from Bellisima Brides in inverness?
that is where i have bought my dress, and her and her daughter are fantastic folk they kept me right regarding colour, style, underwrear etc. and i think i got a great bargin as well!

sweetpea
10-Mar-08, 13:03
was Heilda there from Bellisima Brides in inverness?
that is where i have bought my dress, and her and her daughter are fantastic folk they kept me right regarding colour, style, underwrear etc. and i think i got a great bargin as well![/quote]

Yes they were there. I've spotted the dress I want from them and very reasonable price, only thing is they said I could look at it online on the Maggie Sottero site but can't find it. I think I will phone ans ask if they know the name of the dress instead.

Suth11
10-Mar-08, 13:48
ive sent you a pm sweetpea.

BRIE
10-Mar-08, 16:09
was there anyone there with handmade invitations & favours?

Ash
10-Mar-08, 16:10

yes there was she was from inverness i think, i forgot to call you so i could see your book, sorry

BRIE
10-Mar-08, 16:26
thats ok Ash you can always call next time your in the area if your still interested.:)

ashaw1
10-Mar-08, 16:45
It was Frances Forsyth from Celtic Bliss Cards that was at the wedding fayre. She can be contacted on 01463 791043/07742529525 www.celticbliss.co.uk (http://www.celticbliss.co.uk) her hand made invitations were stunning!

sweetpea
10-Mar-08, 16:48
It was Frances Forsyth from Celtic Bliss Cards that was at the wedding fayre. She can be contacted on 01463 791043/07742529525 www.celticbliss.co.uk (http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://www.celticbliss.co.uk) her hand made invitations were stunning!

She also had 'save the day' fridge magnets which I thought were quite quirky or she can make them into evening invites as well. I've chosen 'lotus flowers' from debenhams, they open out into a flower with the invite inside.

BRIE
10-Mar-08, 21:51
was she the only person there with invitations? I was meaning proper handmade invites rather than computer generated. Im thinking of doing the next wedding fayre but the invites I make are completely handmade wondered what the competition was like.

ashaw1
10-Mar-08, 22:13
was she the only person there with invitations? I was meaning proper handmade invites rather than computer generated. Im thinking of doing the next wedding fayre but the invites I make are completely handmade wondered what the competition was like.
Hers were anything but computer generated invites, they were stunning! And they were all hand made in so many different options, with flowers, diamante, feathers etc all very classy!

Ash
10-Mar-08, 22:14

i think you should go for it :D

BRIE
10-Mar-08, 22:26
Hers were anything but computer generated invites, they were stunning! And they were all hand made in so many different options, with flowers, diamante, feathers etc all very classy!

I wasnt putting her invitations down!! they do look stunning but there not completely handmade.

Ash
10-Mar-08, 22:27
I wasnt putting her invitations down!! they do look stunning but there not completely handmade.

i saw them on sunday and whilst they are lovely they arent totally handmade no

Thumper
10-Mar-08, 22:30
I agree Brie,they are nice but I wouldnt say they were handmade,I make invites and cards like yourself from scratch x

sweetpea
10-Mar-08, 23:05
I wouldn't say they were stunning either and I wouldn't class computer generated writing as handmade. To me handmade would be calligraphy writing done by hand in ink. Anyone can buy fancy paper and stickers. That's why I've ordered mine from Debenhams because they were really unusual and effective.

BRIE
11-Mar-08, 16:50
there isnt alot of real handmade invites about as there time consuming & usually expensive.I make them from scratch as I think they look alot nicer than ordinary ones & you get what you pay for.