PDA

View Full Version : Bible question

Moi x
09-Mar-08, 01:22
What is the only Scottish football club to be mentioned in the Bible?

I learned this from my flatmate earlier tonight.

Sapphire2803
09-Mar-08, 01:24
Um.... do tell? :)

Moi x
09-Mar-08, 01:25
I'll give you a clue. It's not Heart of Midlothian. :)

Foxy
09-Mar-08, 01:26
Queen of the south?

Sapphire2803
09-Mar-08, 01:32
Queen of the south?

Did you google it too? ;)

Moi x
09-Mar-08, 01:33
Well done Foxy. Were you watching Sportscene too?

Moi x

Rheghead
09-Mar-08, 01:53
Nice bit of trivia. But which English premiership football team plays its home fixtures outwith the British mainland?:confused

Moi x
09-Mar-08, 02:00
Arsenal? Because they play in the Emirates?

Moi x

Rheghead
09-Mar-08, 02:28
Arsenal? Because they play in the Emirates?

Moi x

Nice try. Not even close! :D

Moi x
09-Mar-08, 02:34
My flatmate has gone to bed so I can't hit him for that one. Can you give us a clue?

Moi x

gillian17
09-Mar-08, 10:26
Manchester City because they are out of this world.
That is double-edged in that they are either sublime or (fill the next bit in for yourselves).

scorrie
09-Mar-08, 21:33
What is the only Scottish football club to be mentioned in the Bible?

I learned this from my flatmate earlier tonight.

Not strictly true. Hearts, Thistle and United are mentioned on numerous occasions and it is fairly obvious that St John's Tone is prevalent throughout the book ;)

dook
09-Mar-08, 22:54
Not totally irrelevant but I think Christ himself was a footballer. Says in the good book, "And Jesus went up for the cross"..........

Rheghead
10-Mar-08, 00:10
Not totally irrelevant but I think Christ himself was a footballer. Says in the good book, "And Jesus went up for the cross"..........

And to be more specific, he was in defence because Jesus swept.

Metalattakk
10-Mar-08, 00:20
I thought it was (and yes, this shows how old I am):

Jesus Saves...

But Keegan nets the rebound!I'll get me coat. :D

*Jeeves, mine is the denim one with the big Iron Maiden patch on the back.*

Munro
10-Mar-08, 12:57
as a Pompey supporter for many years the answer is the one and only Portsmouth since Fratton Park is on Portsea Island and we are going to win the Cup and play in Europe next season Thankyou

Kevin Milkins
10-Mar-08, 13:01
as a Pompey supporter for many years the answer is the one and only Portsmouth since Fratton Park is on Portsea Island and we are going to win the Cup and play in Europe next season Thankyou

How long have you been a Pompey supporter?

Munro
10-Mar-08, 13:13
Hi Kevin,
My family came from Pompey, my Mum grabbed the five kids she had in February 1941 at the height of the blitz and made for Chichester where
they settled I was born in Sept 1942.
My first visit to Fratton was in about 1954 for a schoolboy international match
started watching Pompey in 1960, but played local football so was not a regular.
Had a season ticket from 1984 until last year when i retired, should have hung on for one more year.
It gets worse, we have booked a week in Caithness from the 13th May so will miss the final.

scorrie
10-Mar-08, 15:31

And, Job 18:8 :-

"His feet thrust him into a net and he wanders into its mesh"

Kevin Milkins
10-Mar-08, 15:41
Hi Kevin,
My family came from Pompey, my Mum grabbed the five kids she had in February 1941 at the height of the blitz and made for Chichester where
they settled I was born in Sept 1942.
My first visit to Fratton was in about 1954 for a schoolboy international match
started watching Pompey in 1960, but played local football so was not a regular.
Had a season ticket from 1984 until last year when i retired, should have hung on for one more year.
It gets worse, we have booked a week in Caithness from the 13th May so will miss the final. My dads first cousin John Milkins played in goal for many years in late 60s and early 70s

Munro
10-Mar-08, 18:34
I met John Milkins a couple of times not only a good keeper but a genuine guy.

Kevin Milkins
10-Mar-08, 20:05
I met John Milkins a couple of times not only a good keeper but a genuine guy.

I never met him ,but dad always spoke highly of him and the fans always used to sing who,s that man with a big fat arse. I think he went to Oxford to finnish his carear