PDA

View Full Version : domestic heating oil?

Skerries
08-Mar-08, 08:45
I know someone posted a similar thread to this a while back but I'm not sure if the position has changed or not.

I was wondering if anyone knows which the cheapest domestic heating oil supplier is?

I thought the choice used to be between Scottish Fuels, Simpsons and Gleaner but someone told me the other day that Gleaner don't do it, and I think that Simpsons and Scottish Fuels are now the same. So is there any choice?

footie chick
08-Mar-08, 11:52
Brogans delivery up here think its once or twice a week. Tel: 01667460111

dessie
08-Mar-08, 13:41
where abouts is brogans...please...

Gizmo
08-Mar-08, 13:46
I know someone posted a similar thread to this a while back but I'm not sure if the position has changed or not.

I was wondering if anyone knows which the cheapest domestic heating oil supplier is?

I thought the choice used to be between Scottish Fuels, Simpsons and Gleaner but someone told me the other day that Gleaner don't do it, and I think that Simpsons and Scottish Fuels are now the same. So is there any choice?

I just bought fuel from Simpsons last month and there was nothing on the bill indicating any association with Scottish Fuels, and Simpsons are first class for service and speed of delivery.

footie chick
08-Mar-08, 18:30
where abouts is brogans...please...

Dalcross near Inverness

Penelope Pitstop
08-Mar-08, 20:16
I could be wrong, but I think it was Brogans that I phoned a couple of months back....they didn't deliver this far north.

Simpsons were 49.3p a litre yesterday for oil.

footie chick
08-Mar-08, 20:38
I've filled my tank up three times now with Brogans. They were at the County show the last couple of years trying to get business this far north.

ANNIE
08-Mar-08, 20:43
We changed from electric to oil and its the best thing we did. We take ours from simpson and we too found them to be quick. We so far only fill our tank twice a year

Penelope Pitstop
08-Mar-08, 20:46
I've filled my tank up three times now with Brogans. They were at the County show the last couple of years trying to get business this far north.
Thanks for that...I'll give them a go next time to see how much they are.

Footie chick...do you remember how did they compare on price to Simpsons and Scottish Fuels??

footie chick
08-Mar-08, 20:52
Prices I was quoted 2 weeks ago

Simpsons 47.16p
Scottish Fuels 47.50p
Brogan 46.7p

But prices seem to be on the up and up.
Worked it out last year two fills of tank, heating and hot water for a four bedroom house worked out at £11.99/week which I thought was not bad.

Penelope Pitstop
27-Mar-08, 15:18
Just an update for you oil users out there. Prices quoted today:

Brogans 55p litre
Scottish Fuels 49.5p litre

Kevin Milkins
27-Mar-08, 15:29
Prices I was quoted 2 weeks ago

Simpsons 47.16p
Scottish Fuels 47.50p
Brogan 46.7p

But prices seem to be on the up and up.
Worked it out last year two fills of tank, heating and hot water for a four bedroom house worked out at £11.99/week which I thought was not bad.

That sounds very reasonable.It costs me £29-00 a week for 2 bags of coal.
May have to consider a change.

chaz
27-Mar-08, 16:04
Simpsons up to 50.19 pence , just got a letter saying about the increase in fuel price

Penelope Pitstop
30-Apr-08, 13:46
Scottish Fuels quote 66p today

colmac
03-May-08, 14:19
:( Just go 1200 litres of domestic heating oil delivered this week from Simpson's. £720.44!!! That is almost double what we paid for the same amount in September. We usually need to get oil every 7 months. We have never filled our tank...at these prices we couldn't ever afford to! We have a 2500 litre tank. Liquid gold indeed!

kas
04-May-08, 10:18
Colmac if you had bought that fuel at the price of 66p quoted by Penelope Pitstop a few days earlier, it would have cost you a further £72.00. So it could have be worse.

I have been hearing grumblings about it being near the £1 mark by the end of the year. I hope not but could easily happen the way it is increasing at the mo.

shazzap
04-May-08, 11:15
How much does it cost to fill the average tank.
I have always had gas and have'nt a clue.