PDA

View Full Version : Spring Cleaning

karia
07-Mar-08, 12:09
Normally I don't bother with Spring cleaning however I spent much of last week cleaning, polishing and best of all ...chucking out bags upon bags upon bags of unnecessary 'stuff'.

Result? House looks great and I feel renewed and looking forward to Spring!:D

So...do you indulge in a spot of household purging at this time of year?

Lolabelle
07-Mar-08, 12:14
No, because it's Autumn.... :Razz
I'll let you know in September [lol]

rob16d
07-Mar-08, 12:19
Hehe! Well.......I think I might do some cleaning and DIY this weekend...would count as a weekend break too!

Sapphire2803
07-Mar-08, 12:26
I'm currently indulging in considering, possibly doing some spring cleaning.... maybe.... Does that count for anything?

I do love a spring clean, but until the sun really starts to shine I find it hard to fight the urge to hibernate. I just can't get myself motivated.

rob16d
07-Mar-08, 12:32
I just can't get myself motivated.

Tell me about it!!!

karia
07-Mar-08, 12:33
Sapphire it is so therapeutic chucking stuff out!

Make sure your OH is out of the house though...men would hang on to everything they ever owned but once it's binned they can't remember ever having it!:lol:

Hopefully.[para]

rob16d
07-Mar-08, 12:35

Make sure your OH is out of the house though...men would hang on to everything they ever owned but once it's binned they can't remember ever having it!:lol:

Hopefully.[para]

Oi! Don't stress my gender!! lol!

Sapphire2803
07-Mar-08, 12:37

Make sure your OH is out of the house though...men would hang on to everything they ever owned but once it's binned they can't remember ever having it!

Hopefully.[para]

When I do get going, I make up for lost time. I don't need to send anyone out of the house, they all scarper in case they end up in a bin bag!
I tend to let it all slide for a while then get really fed up with it and have a darn good clear out. If it's not nailed down or vital, it ends up in the bin.

Binge and purge eh?? :lol:

karia
07-Mar-08, 12:46
As a result of my Spring Clean I have been driven to purchase a few new things..among them:

A new microwave

A new Cooker and

A new King size divan (with storage) & appropriate new bedding.

I take my cleaning very seriously!;):lol:

rob16d
07-Mar-08, 12:47
Wow! Karia...that's some heavy duty hardcore cleaning action!

ciderally
07-Mar-08, 12:52
yea must get set to might get the painting done..maybe..........

karia
07-Mar-08, 12:52

Thank you!;)

Sapphire2803
07-Mar-08, 12:56

I have never before seen a comment about cleaning that looked like it should be X-rated!! Well done Rob ;)

rob16d
07-Mar-08, 13:03
I have never before seen a comment about cleaning that looked like it should be X-rated!! Well done Rob ;)

Lol! Hardcore, heavy duty, full on Karia on house action![lol]

karia
07-Mar-08, 13:14
Lol! Hardcore, heavy duty, full on Karia on house action!

You calling me a 'scrubber'?[lol][lol]

newpark
07-Mar-08, 13:15
Me too, big bag of clothes in the clothes bank, a big back or bric and brac to cancer shop, a bag to homeaid. Have hoovered most of house and done most of my ironing. Still loads to do though it never ends.

rob16d
07-Mar-08, 13:16
Haha! That actually made me laugh out loud! Thanks, I think you deserve reputation for that!

balto
07-Mar-08, 13:51
i have been of sick then on holiday for the past 8 weeks, so i have been lucky enough to get all my cleaning done, just dreading going back to work as the house will go back to normal.

rob16d
07-Mar-08, 13:58
balto i hope ur feeling better

balto
07-Mar-08, 14:00
balto i hope ur feeling better
thanks for that, thankfully the deprssion wasnt as bad as last year, i am acually looking forward to going back to work.

TBH
07-Mar-08, 14:01
Haha! That actually made me laugh out loud! Thanks, I think you deserve reputation for that!I think you are already getting her one ,rob.[lol]

rob16d
07-Mar-08, 14:01
I'm glad for you! I think we all hope you get better soon! You need to enjoy what you're doing :)

rob16d
07-Mar-08, 14:04
I think you are already getting her one ,rob.[lol]

LOL! Sorry Karia! It's a GOOD reputation though TBH!

Julia
07-Mar-08, 14:15
I love chucking stuff out, it fairly sorts my head out. I'm always trying to get organised but never really seem to get there, I used to be super-organised years ago so I don't know what's happened lately.

rob16d
07-Mar-08, 14:18
I love chucking stuff out, it fairly sorts my head out. I'm always trying to get organised but never really seem to get there, I used to be super-organised years ago so I don't know what's happened lately.

Julia you could donate some stuff to charity or sell it? We could start pep-talk classes on cleaning and being organised! I'd have to join myself though!

NLP
08-Mar-08, 15:29
Put 2 black bags of baby clothes and baby stuff to the Hospice yesterday 4hrs later got a text "think I'm pregnant" never again will I spring clean, and to think the stuff sat upstairs for 2yrs. Can I have it back lol