PDA

View Full Version : Post mortems

cuddlepop
06-Mar-08, 21:09
When someone dies unexpectly there has to be a post morton if the local gp will not sign the death certificate.

I understand and accept that.what is difficult to accept is the wait the family have to endure.
My mother was found dead late yesterday afternoon but because it was unexpected a pm will have to be carried out.
Some of you will remember she had a stroke last march and seemed to recover well.

Glasgow carry out all the west coast of Scotlands pm and mum's cant be done till Tuesday.There is still a possibility they wont release a death certificate,if inconclusive.(found collapsed on landing after falling down several stairs)
The decision to centralise post morton's is purely financial but the impact is personal.

Why even in death does it all come down to money.:~(

Alice in Blunderland
06-Mar-08, 21:12
I am so sorry to hear about the death of your mum. :(

This delay can only be adding to your pain .

My thoughts are with you and your family.

sweetpea
06-Mar-08, 21:15
This is not gen but I was under the impression you have to sign for it. It's not the time that would bother me but the butchery that the body goes under.

cuddlepop
06-Mar-08, 21:15
Thank you Alice.
We dont realise up in the highlands how quickly we can get someone burried.
Its a nightmare in the central belt.:~(

cuddlepop
06-Mar-08, 21:17
This is not gen but I was under the impression you have to sign for it. It's not the time that would bother me but the butchery that the body goes under.

Sweetpea I believe you in all your being is no longer there.
It is better to know why someone died if not obvious.

Ash
06-Mar-08, 21:18
im sorry for your loss :(

unicorn
06-Mar-08, 21:22
It is hard at the best of times but all the harder with the waiting for a Pm to be concluded. It is the suspended in time feeling where you can't get on with anything to occupy your mind.
I am very sorry to hear of the loss of your mum, make sure to take time out to think of yourself cuddlepop ok, you have a need for comfort as well as your family xx Take care.

karia
06-Mar-08, 21:22
Oh cuddlepop...so very very sorry, both for your loss and this additional heartache.:(

Thinking of you.

binbob
06-Mar-08, 21:25
so sorry for your loss ,cuddlepop.

Alice in Blunderland
06-Mar-08, 21:25
It is better to know why someone died if not obvious.

Yes I think this helps give you closure to find out why.

Lavenderblue2
06-Mar-08, 21:26
I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your dear mum Cuddlepop.

I know how awful it is when a loved one has to go off for a post mortem - we had to go through that 14 months ago.

LB

WeeBurd
06-Mar-08, 21:28
Oh, Cuddlepop, I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your Mum. I completely understand your frustration right now, it helps to vent. Thinking of you. xxx

flyfifer
06-Mar-08, 21:29
Oh cuddlepop, so sorry about your mum - that must be hard to bear. Thinking of you. xx

cuddlepop
06-Mar-08, 21:32
Thank you all for your kind words.

We're wanting to grief but cant which is the fustrating bit.

My dad died in 79 and it took us three days with a pm included to be allowed to cremate him.
If this had been mum waiting to cremate dad it would have finished her off.

The wait is unacceptable,death/closure is more important than money.:mad:

balto
06-Mar-08, 21:47
so sorry for your loss cuddlepop, i just cant imagine what the pain of losing a parent must be like.

my thoughts are with you at this sad time.

carasmam
06-Mar-08, 21:48
So sorry for your loss Cuddlepop xx

cuddlepop
06-Mar-08, 21:52
So sorry for your loss Cuddlepop xx

The wee dog has never been so stroked and cuddled in her whole life.
Even Connie who hates to be made a fuss of is enduring the squeeze.

Great therapy stroking an animal.

Far better than a hang over;)

unicorn
06-Mar-08, 21:54
At my dads funeral his wee dog was my absolute tower of strength, I don't think I could have coped without the wee man on my knee. They know when you need comfort and they give it without asking anything at all in return.

carasmam
06-Mar-08, 22:07
Yes animals are very perceptive, they know when you need them for a quiet cuddle dont they.

balto
06-Mar-08, 22:12
if i am feeling down i find just playing with the dog is enough to cheer me up also grooming my rabbits it is very relaxing.

Venture
06-Mar-08, 22:21
Thinking of you and your family at this very sad time. Take care.

helenwyler
06-Mar-08, 22:22
So sorry for your sudden loss, and for the frustration you are experiencing cuddlepop:(.

'In the midst of death, we are in life' (and all its lumbering bureaucracy and financial niggardliness).

Kevin Milkins
06-Mar-08, 23:52
When someone dies unexpectly there has to be a post morton if the local gp will not sign the death certificate.

I understand and accept that.what is difficult to accept is the wait the family have to endure.
My mother was found dead late yesterday afternoon but because it was unexpected a pm will have to be carried out.
Some of you will remember she had a stroke last march and seemed to recover well.

Glasgow carry out all the west coast of Scotlands pm and mum's cant be done till Tuesday.There is still a possibility they wont release a death certificate,if inconclusive.(found collapsed on landing after falling down several stairs)
The decision to centralise post morton's is purely financial but the impact is personal.

Why even in death does it all come down to money.:~(

It goes without saying cuddlepop that fellow orgers share in the sadness that the untimely passing of your mother has brought upon you.

It seems incredible that a hospital the size of Raigmore has not got its own post mortam facilites when you consider the catchment area that it covers.

Be strong and consider that because all seems pretty hopeless just now you have many people that are not known to you that share in your greif.

NLP
07-Mar-08, 00:10
So sorry to hear of your loss there is nothing worse than losing your mum, take care of yourself.

KCI
07-Mar-08, 00:11
Cuddlepop - I am so sorry to hear of your loss.
Thinking of you and your family at this sad time. :(

crofter
07-Mar-08, 00:31
Sorry to hear of your sad loss. I know what you are going through as I lost my Mum 2 years ago. She took ill on a Friday 1pm so I called a DR but was told nobody could come until after 2. At 1.45 she collapsed and died infront of my 10 year old nephew. When the DR eventually came after the ambulance men failed to revive her, she would not sign the certificate and sent her for a pm. It was the following Wednesday before she was sent back to Wick and we buried her on the Thursday still not knowing what she died of as Raigmore posted the certificate instead of putting it with her.
Our thoughts are with you.

Fran
07-Mar-08, 03:35
Cuddlepop, I am so sorry you have lost your mother and you are having to wait forpostmortem results.My Father died suddenly some years ago in england while getting petrol in his car. The 10 days wait was unbearable , amd the waiting to bury him. It was an awful time and i am feeling for you now. I am thinking of you and hope all goes well for you.

Fran
07-Mar-08, 03:37
Sorry to hear of your sad loss. I know what you are going through as I lost my Mum 2 years ago. She took ill on a Friday 1pm so I called a DR but was told nobody could come until after 2. At 1.45 she collapsed and died infront of my 10 year old nephew. When the DR eventually came after the ambulance men failed to revive her, she would not sign the certificate and sent her for a pm. It was the following Wednesday before she was sent back to Wick and we buried her on the Thursday still not knowing what she died of as Raigmore posted the certificate instead of putting it with her.
Our thoughts are with you.

Im sure you could get a copy from Raigmore or from the wick Registrar. I sent off for my Fathers report, and it does give you peace of mind to know what happened and why they died.

Margaret M.
07-Mar-08, 04:28
Cuddlepop, I am so sorry to hear of your mother's passing. It is very difficult when an autopsy is required. I am glad your mother's wee doggie is of comfort to you and you to her. Take care.

Boozeburglar
07-Mar-08, 05:48
There are no words, you take care.

Lolabelle
07-Mar-08, 07:24
Thinking of you and your family Cuddlepop. Take care, and you and yours are in our prayers.

sadam
07-Mar-08, 09:44
So sorry for your loss cuddlepop. I had a loss about 2 years ago now and because it was a Friday morning we had to wait more that a week until we got word back it was awful.

cuddlepop
07-Mar-08, 10:10
Thank you all for your kind wishes.

My father died suddenly to a number of years ago and I think that in many way's is more difficult to accept.
When mum took her second stroke last summer,we were told it was worse and to come as soon as we could.
Its a 5 hours journey so in a way you prepare yourself.Mum made a speedy recovery and all seemed well.
With hindsight I can see little signs that she had had eneogh and wanted to go.
Today is worse than yesterday as it seems so unreal.My own kids are finding it harder to cope with this than I am so in a way I'm bearing up for them.

I will have my chance to say "see you later" soon eneogh.

To anyone who has lost a loved one,thinking of you and yours.:~(

Sandra_B
07-Mar-08, 10:27
I'm so sorry to hear about you loss. My thoughts are with you.

Liz
07-Mar-08, 15:11
Oh Cuddlepops I am so very, very sorry for your loss.
It is awful that you have all this hassle when all you want to is grieve and lay your mum to rest.
I am glad you are finding comfort in your dogs.
I always turn to my pets in times of grief etc and they are great as they just love you without needing to say anything and, yes, stroking them is very therapeutic.
Take good care. Thinking of you xxx

Raven
07-Mar-08, 18:33
I am really sorry for you loss too cuddlepop!!

Elenna
07-Mar-08, 19:28
Heartfelt condolences to you and your family, Cuddlepop, and extra prayers, thoughts of comfort, and wishes of strength for you all, to see you through the added distress.

poppett
11-Mar-08, 11:49
Cuddlepop,

Sorry to hear of the death of your beloved mum. The waiting must be a nightmare for you, I can not begin to wonder what that must feel like.

Take care of yourself. xx

Valerie Campbell
11-Mar-08, 13:05
We're all thinking of you Cuddlepop.

My Dad died suddenly at home but the doctor decided no post mortem was needed. I still had to wait a week before I could bury him because he lived in the central belt. It's very hard.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Take care. x