PDA

View Full Version : Open mouth, switch feet

rockchick
06-Mar-08, 00:21
Have you ever really put your foot in your mouth? Figuratively, I mean.

I was out at a pub tonight. The publican was an extremely overweight lady, who's weight was all at the front. I originally thought she was extremely pregnant, then disregarded that in favour of just being fat.

Whilst chatting to the publican, (I was only listening with half-an-ear) my companion made reference (I thought) to her "addition" and I perked up and said "oh, are you expecting?" She glared at me, and said "no!", and excused herself to the ladies room.

Afterwards I found out my friend was talking about us "auditioning" her pub as a future watering hole...not "addition". Oops!

Has anyone else put their foot in it, or am I the only one?

mums angels
06-Mar-08, 00:33
I once thought someone was pregnant and asked the leading questions etc ... luckily she was not offended and found it funny ..phewww . now i never ask unless its extremly obvious . Worst has to be a friend recently met someone who had been pregnant and asked how much longer she had to go ..poor woman had had the baby 2 months before .

being pregnant myself and quite neat this time someone said to me last month ... oh are you pregnant i just thought you had over indulged over the festive period , i was mortified as other than times when been pregnant or just after i've never been over weight :lol: