PDA

View Full Version : Wick High School

Venture
04-Nov-05, 17:53
Anybody hear anything about trouble at the High School today with the police being involved.

paris
04-Nov-05, 18:06
No but i dare say it will be hidden like it was when my 2 girls were there, and they were BOTH attacked, one chased around the school with a knife, what did the school do? what did the police do? naff all !!

MagicalTrevor
04-Nov-05, 18:34
I know its your daughter and all, and the resultant behaviour was unacceptable, but you dont get chased around with a knife for nothing!

:)

~~Tides~~
04-Nov-05, 18:38
Yes there was an incident which fell just short of being a riot. I better not say anything else as I value my grades.

paris
04-Nov-05, 18:40
you do if your an incomer and are from a better background than the one brandishing the knife .2nd day at that school aswell, what a welcome !

willowbankbear
04-Nov-05, 21:56
Yes there was an incident which fell just short of being a riot. I better not say anything else as I value my grades. Whats this thread gota do with your grades ????? Did i miss something? where does it say that posting on this site will affect yer grades? Just tell us how ye saw it , people that wer involved probably hinging off a lamppost spewing up their caarryy ooot right now. Any how i thot at weewees wis banned fae the school

rfr10
05-Nov-05, 13:36
There were people fighting. Nearly the whole school crowded around them and police came out with their battons. Ats all I know about it.

lasher
05-Nov-05, 15:59
you do if your an incomer and are from a better background than the one brandishing the knife .2nd day at that school aswell, what a welcome !

Are you trying to say your better than the folk from caithness because you moved up there!

willowbankbear
05-Nov-05, 16:44
No shes no trying at crap, stop the paranoia will ye? Its not something that should be hushed up, there are parents whose concerns for their kids need to be genned up. And then theres the culprits who should be either chucked oot or given a bit of help to push em in the right direction.

~~Tides~~
05-Nov-05, 16:51
Im no worried about eh bucks, more lek *The Management*. Dont think this incident showed them in the best light.

willowbankbear
05-Nov-05, 16:56
YOU should be controversial Tides...........Name and shame the Vermin , Who is the management ???????? Its Not on

paris
05-Nov-05, 17:27
Thank-you willowbankbear! NO i wasnt saying i was better than folk from caithness at all, you ovousley have a problem with incomers then? to even surgest it. What actually happened is best left that way, other kids from the school knew we were a "bit better of than they were" shall we say and gave my girls a very hard time about it . I have friends from all walks of life and dont for one second think were better than the next, so dont even go there. Everyone was and still is very very welcome at our place ,weve always been that way and will share whatever we have with others where ever they come from !! Im a lotto winner , ask the natives !!!

paris
05-Nov-05, 17:30
P.S and to quote a member of staff when i complained his reply was " we tend to stick together up here" gosh that really made me feel welcome !!!

willowbankbear
05-Nov-05, 17:52
AS i said ,Paris, Name the offending Monkey, What crap that some people spout up here just to save them a bit of work. Tides couldnt say who it was for fear of his or her grades! What is going on in that place????Teachers afraid of the kids ,Oh Tony Blair You got a lot to answer for eh?

paris
05-Nov-05, 19:22
Its pointless nameing the offending teacher, as i know he has left the school. All i will say is we as parents even had to ask the school to call in the police, statements were given and we were asured it would be taken further and was awaiting a court date,we never got one.We were told the girls in question had "social problems" Doe`s that give them the right to terrarise other people . No it bloody well doesnt. I as a mother was the one who pressed charges against the 2 girls, not my daughters, they were to scared.
If i could have my time again,would i still have gone down the same route?
i would! child or not i would kick arse next time.

~~Tides~~
05-Nov-05, 21:25
The manegement of the school i mean. (ie. who is the highest up person in the school?)

willowbankbear
05-Nov-05, 22:39
Aye, that is often the way nowadays Paris . Its no right tho is it? Does no-one believe in Kangaroo justice? It does work when you mete it out ,trust me:) But the scottish courts dont recognise it im afraid, and itmay cost you to "even" things up

Venture
05-Nov-05, 22:46
I have to say that since my child started Wick High School in August I have been gobsmacked by the things he has told me goes on there. Yesterday's incident involving head to head gangs, certain people being assaulted, police using batons in full view of first years etc beggars belief. I thought the school now had all these extra staff members to support the teachers in the classes and remove disruptive pupils. So can anyone tell me how this situation was allowed to get as far as it did in the first place.

willowbankbear
05-Nov-05, 23:12
Thats my point, Tides kens what happened but won`t say for their safety, NONSENSE, Let us Ken please, Can say that being charged at with truncheons by WK polis is a scary thought tho is it? About two of them would have me quaking . the rest would need their truncheons coz theyre hair or lipstick wid be a mess.:p

kirsty31
06-Nov-05, 15:56
I no wht all happened. Just thought ad let you know... bt cya :p

Venture
06-Nov-05, 23:45
...and obviously Kirsty31 you won't be sharing it with us.

spiggie
07-Nov-05, 13:34
I know its your daughter and all, and the resultant behaviour was unacceptable, but you dont get chased around with a knife for nothing!

:)

Are you implying that she deserved to be chased around the school with a knife? I know what some people are like especially when you are in the high school, wen I was there i was bullied for a long time and I can quite honestly say it was not provoked!!!

willowbankbear
07-Nov-05, 17:17
I got to hear snippets over the last 2 days folks, the pupil that was involved is almost beyond saving, thats not his fault tho. His parents didna bring him up THEY Dragged him up!! The boy apparently punched some1 in the face then it all kicked off police called,but thats as much as i could get(id never do as a reporter eh guys?) This pupil has 1 to 1 tutoring because he is so badly behaved, the teachers have panic buttons when hes in their classes!! How bad is that? Glad im not a teacher or in school anymore

katarina
07-Nov-05, 17:25
All this ban the belt nonsense has proved to be ineffective. Bring it back I say and put the teachers in charge once more!

paris
07-Nov-05, 17:30
When my girls were attacked , i asked the school why the girls involved wern`t expelled, i was told they couldnt expell pupils unless it was very serious, What the hell do you call what happened to my girls then?????
They both had hair pulled out by the handfull, scratches, and a dame good kicking, ie bruises. Would the girls involved had to of killed one of my girls then to be expelled? What is our world coming to??

hereboy
07-Nov-05, 17:40
I got to hear snippets over the last 2 days folks, the pupil that was involved is almost beyond saving, thats not his fault tho. His parents didna bring him up THEY Dragged him up!! The boy apparently punched some1 in the face then it all kicked off police called,but thats as much as i could get(id never do as a reporter eh guys?) This pupil has 1 to 1 tutoring because he is so badly behaved, the teachers have panic buttons when hes in their classes!! How bad is that? Glad im not a teacher or in school anymore

Do they still transfer the headbangers to Thurso like they did in the good old days? That was a brilliant idea, what educational half wit thought that one up, if you can't fix the problem, transfer it. If some head-the-ball is too much for Wick High School to handle, send them doon the line some place - And I don't mean Ibiza or Majorca for week, I was thinking more like he juvenile equivalent of Porterfield. Panic buttons in classrooms - people, get a grip - is it a High School there in Wick or a Young Offenders Institution.

Welcome to the 21st Century!

Naefearjustbeer
07-Nov-05, 19:12
Do they still have borstals? if not why not.
Pupils who have such problems should not be in mainstream schooling. The good kids deserve to recieve an education not have the teachers running scared of the bad ones. If I was in the situation of the parents of the goods kid in that sort of schooling I would be thinking of taking my kids out of the school, if the school wont deal with the bad uns.
If they really cant take these kids out of school how about tagging them with a remotely operated stun. As soon as they kick off zap em, that should cool the trouble makers a bit.
Do these situations kick off in the classes or is it at break times? If it is during break these little "insert any word you wish" should be kept in and supervised by a teacher of the old school methods. Ie a hard nut with a strap.

Venture
07-Nov-05, 19:50
I'd say the tables are reversed when it comes to school now. Kids do things in school that they would never dream of doing at home. Basically because in the school you get off with it. The world has gone mad when it comes to children's rights now. The child can shout at the teacher but the teacher can't shout at the child incase they upset them.. There is no discipline because its seen as infringing children's rights. In a nutshell the teachers don't have control any more the children do. As for respect for your elders that's way out the window.

~~Tides~~
07-Nov-05, 22:05
And most of the headbangers they sent to thurso came of far better as Thurso is a far better school. What I will say is that if Wick had a clue then the 'incident' could have been easily avoided. It could be seen coming a mile of. By the time the numbers at the front of the school had been alowed to build up to roughly 300 you could see something was goin to happen. They were so lucky that there wasnt a full blown riot.

nevis
08-Nov-05, 19:11
Just to let you all know the old Pearl building up at the Wick Airport is currently being renovated so that the unruly children at Wick High School can be given an education too. This will also give the kids that want to learn a safer and hopefully happier environment to learn in.

The Angel Of Death
10-Nov-05, 16:40
When my girls were attacked , i asked the school why the girls involved wern`t expelled, i was told they couldnt expell pupils unless it was very serious

Seems strage how some schools can expelled for putting information on a web site about the teacher i wouldnt class that as serious

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/north_west/4425036.stm

squidge
10-Nov-05, 17:19
My boys settled into wick HIgh School well enough and were strong enough to hold their own. There were incidents of bullying which were isolated and which the boys were able to deal with - with a little help and advice from ourselves. I would be interested in knowing about the leadership within the school. When my boys were there i was not impressed with it, nor was i impressed by the lack of school uniform and the lack of discipline. If you have a strong focused head teacher with clear and defineable limits then you will get a better school.