PDA

View Full Version : KEYBOARD PROBLEM -HELP

Lynz39
05-May-03, 11:28
I have a Microsoft natural (ergonomic) multimedia keyboard. I had a serious computer crash a few months ago which I managed to fix but ever since my keyboard is operating in the american setting.e.g. the pound sign doesnt exist above the number 3 key. The @ symbol is above the number 2 key and the " is where the @ should be etc etc. Can anyone help? I have tried downloading the software and reinstalling etc and nothing happens.
Any advice gratefully received

Geo
05-May-03, 11:51
Go to My computer>Control Panel>Keyboard>Language

You can change it in there.

hth

Lynz39
14-May-03, 16:17
I tried this but unfortunately I dont get the options you describe. All I get is the microsoft online help which is no use whatsoever!
Thanks anyway!

jjc
14-May-03, 16:37
What version of Windows are you using?

If it is XP, go to

Start -> Control Panel -> Regional and Language Options

In the 'Regional Options' Tab, select 'English (United Kingdom)' in the dropdown list.
In the 'Location' section, select 'United Kingdom'

In the 'Languages' tab click 'Details'
In the 'Installed Services' section, you should have 'English (United States)'. You need to have 'English (United Kingdom)'. If you don't have it, click on Add and select it in the 'Input Language' drop down.. If you DO have it then you can just select it from the 'Default Input Language' dropdown.

Once you have selected the right language you can click OK until you are back at the Control Panel. If you go BACK into the Regional and Languages Opions, into the Languages Tab and click Details again you can now remove the US layout. This will prevent future confusion.

Hope this helps. Sorry it isn't the best worded set of instructions ever, blame Microsoft for making everything so flippin' complicated.

Good luck

Lynz39
16-May-03, 14:51
JJC You are a star! It worked and my keyboard is now back to normal!
Thanks so much for your help!