PDA

View Full Version : Do you prefer tea or coffee?

rob16d
05-Mar-08, 13:06
Do you prefer tea or coffee? And with sugar/milk?

ciderally
05-Mar-08, 13:09
it depends on the time of day..coffee in the morning ..tea afternoon and night...dont ask why..i have no idea just the way it is...

rob16d
05-Mar-08, 13:13
I think that's the same with me...love my tea milky and sugary! Well and my coffee!!

*goes off to make some coffee*

A_Usher
05-Mar-08, 13:14
Tea, black, and i drink a lot of green tea and herbal tea.
Dont like coffee..

Ash
05-Mar-08, 13:14
depends on my mood, also on time and place, i prefer tea to instant coffee, my tea is milk and one sweetner, coffee i love milky coffee... yummy

karia
05-Mar-08, 13:16
Hi rob,

Definitely tea, preferably green or Herbal...I don't like the effects of caffeine either in coffee or Cola, it makes some people 'wired to the moon':lol:

floyed
05-Mar-08, 13:18
I drink green tea by the gallon:D

rob16d
05-Mar-08, 13:20
Usher and Karia, I'm a fan of green tea with lemon!

Ash, I don't like instant as much either. :)

Floyed, I think I do too! How can anyone not, it's delicious!

(PS.....400th post O.o)

STUDMUFFIN
05-Mar-08, 13:22
tea, 2 sugars and a tiny bit of milk. mmmmmmmmmm

rob16d
05-Mar-08, 13:26
tea, 2 sugars and a tiny bit of milk. mmmmmmmmmm

We're almost identical in tea tastes...except I like more milk! Almost 1/3 of a cup full!

rs 2k
05-Mar-08, 13:26
I like a nice strong cup o tea in the morning, with a tiny drop of milk, no sugar

Coffee rest of the day but with carnation milk and no sugar

Hubby hates tea, he is coffee addicted with 2 sugars and milk, he has a cup every half an hour :lol:

Gizmo
05-Mar-08, 13:30
When i stopped drinking alcohol i found myself drinking around 8 cups of very strong coffee a day, before that it was around 1 cup of coffee a week with 3 cups of Tea a day.

Now i have about a 50/50 split between Tea & Coffee, milk no sugar, and the Coffee has to be strong, Nescafe' Espresso is my fav just now, it's strong and has a creamy texture to it....luverly :)

Gizmo
05-Mar-08, 13:32
I have a mate that only drinks Tea, and Tea so weak that i always used to make fun of it and ask him how much tea did he want in his milk :)

Hibeechick
05-Mar-08, 13:47
Tea, but it has to be peach, and granules or powder, not tea bags. :D

XR2
05-Mar-08, 13:51
Got to be real ground coffee, not instant and drink it black and no sugar. Illy Espresso is really good. Don't like tea.

justine
05-Mar-08, 13:53
Do you prefer tea or coffee? And with sugar/milk?

As you are offeing i will take a cup of mellowbirds,1/2 tsp, 2 tsp of coffee whitener(tescos only) and 2 sugars, Please.....I am sure you have a kettle dont we..

teddybear1873
05-Mar-08, 13:57
Love tea. I still drink coffee but turned to decaff. I was taking far too much caffeine and it wasnt doing me any good.

Highland Laddie
05-Mar-08, 14:01
Same here Decaf coffee, white no sugar and plenty of it.

can't thole tea.

Margaret M.
05-Mar-08, 14:08
Tea -- white, green, black or red. I have to have a splash of soy milk in black tea but no cream in any of the others and no sugar. I heard on the news yesterday that a Scottish study showed that drinking lots of black tea can help prevent Type II diabetes.

I do love the smell of coffee brewing but I seldom drink it.

crashbandicoot1979
05-Mar-08, 14:12
Green tea or herbal teas, mainly nettle, mint or camomile. I'll occasionally take regular tea with milk, no sugar (used to take it with 3 sugars in my younger days, yuck!!!). I drink coffee very very rarely as caffeine makes me go funny - after a couple of cups I act as if I've been drinking alcohol, its very bizarre.

Angela
05-Mar-08, 14:13
Always tea first thing -something full -flavoured like Assam, with a wee bit of milk.

Mid morning -coffee, with milk and a quarter teaspoon of sugar (I've cut down, but can't quite give it up :roll:)-or if I'm out and about, a cappuccino.

In the afternoon, a cup of Earl Grey, and in the evening, camomile & spearmint, to help me sleep, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :)

Rheghead
05-Mar-08, 14:18
I will drink either, especially if someone else makes it.

chaz
05-Mar-08, 14:20
Coffee, milk,no sugar:) Lots of the stuff

Lavenderblue2
05-Mar-08, 14:30
Both really, first thing I have black Lady Grey, then at about 10am good coffee (not instant) with dem. sugar and a wee dash of cream - the rest of the day it is black Lady Grey - I try not to have any after 8pm...:eek:

rob16d
05-Mar-08, 15:46
Keep the orders coming.....phew..making all this tea ad coffee is hard work...I think I'll go on a tea break!

twiglet
05-Mar-08, 15:53
Tea, strong, milk no sugar or green tea with lemon. Can't drink coffee (migrane trigger).

rob16d
05-Mar-08, 16:00
Tea, strong, milk no sugar or green tea with lemon. Can't drink coffee (migrane trigger).

Awwwww, I ACTUALLY sympathize.....I love coffee....do you enjoy the taste at all though?

golach
05-Mar-08, 16:07
Prefer strong black Coffee with sugar most of the time, but I do like a nice Scottish Blend cup of Tea, again with no milk and a little sugar.

This thread got me wondering, do the Tea drinkers on the Org pour the milk in their cups, before the Tea or vica versa?

rob16d
05-Mar-08, 16:11
Prefer strong black Coffee with sugar most of the time, but I do like a nice Scottish Blend cup of Tea, again with no milk and a little sugar.

This thread got me wondering, do the Tea drinkers on the Org pour the milk in their cups, before the Tea or vica versa?

Moi, I pour the milk in last of course......The cold milk makes it harder to dissolve the sugar.

miranda
05-Mar-08, 18:53
tea is yeuch!!!!!!! coffee with lots of milk morning.. noon ..and night:lol:

rob16d
05-Mar-08, 19:03
How DO you sleep miranda with all that caffeine!

sweetpea
05-Mar-08, 19:12
Tea please, leave the bag in the cup but plenty milk.:) Don't do coffee.

rob16d
05-Mar-08, 19:25
but coffee is lovely

helenwyler
05-Mar-08, 20:09
There's an interesting history to Coffee Houses in Britain.

In 1674 an anonymous "Women's petition against Coffee" outlined the dangers of this strange, new dangerous coffee to the male species.

One of the perceived dangers was enfeebled performance of their manly duties;).

....our men, who in former Ages were justly esteemed the
Ablest Performers in Christendome; But to our unspeakable
Grief, we find of late a very sensible Decay of that
true Old English Vigour; our Gallants being every way so
Frenchified, that they are become meer Cock-sparrows,
fluttering things that come on Sa sa, with a world of Fury,
<<p.2>>
but are not able to stand to it, and in the very first Charge
fall down flat before us. Never did Men wear greater
Breeches, or carry less in them of any Mettle whatsoever.

And coffee made them even more talkative than women!

For besides, we have reason to apprehend
and grow Jealous, That Men by frequenting these
Stygian Tap-houses will usurp on our Prerogative of
<<p.4>>
Tatling, and soon learn to exeel us in Talkativeness: a
Quality wherein our Sex has ever Claimed preheminence:
For here like so many Frogs in a puddle, they sup muddy
water, and murmur insignificant notes till half a dozen of
them out-babble an equal number of us at a Gossipping, talking
all at once in Confusion, and running from point to
point as insensibly, and as swiftly, as ever the Ingenious
Pole-wheel could run divisions on the Base-viol;

The men did reply, denying it all, of course [lol]!

rob16d
05-Mar-08, 20:21
I don't understand :(

helenwyler
05-Mar-08, 20:35
Sorry Rob!

I know the language is convoluted[lol].

The petition is saying that men...ahem... lose their virility, and begin to chatter and indulge in idle gossip, which is unfair because talkativeness is a women's prerogative!! And it's all down to drinking coffee!:eek:

rob16d
05-Mar-08, 20:47
Haha! You'd think they were talking about alcohol!

Bobbyian
05-Mar-08, 20:58
[quote=golach;352227]Prefer strong black Coffee with sugar most of the time, but I do like a nice Scottish Blend cup of Tea, again with no milk and a little sugar.

That was put just right I agree..... just lately we have managed to arrange a sorce for Scottish blend L o v e l y

Lavenderblue2
05-Mar-08, 21:01
I know what it is Rob16d - you are getting us all sussed out before asking us all round for coffee in your new house.
We'll all sit there partaking in our preferred beverage, admiring your new plants.
Is there anything else you need that we might bring with us?

Lavenderblue2 :D

rob16d
05-Mar-08, 21:03
Ewwwww black coffee and tea!

rob16d
05-Mar-08, 21:05
Too right! Gonna show off my new greenery! You could take some custard creams.....addicted to them!

Alice in Blunderland
05-Mar-08, 21:19
I like strong tea brewed in a pot with a dash of milk. I also like a cup of green tea now and again for a treat. :D

Valerie Campbell
05-Mar-08, 21:22
Tea by the bucket!

hell raizer
05-Mar-08, 21:27
tea with plenty milk, no sugar :roll:

chocolatechip
05-Mar-08, 21:32
I like tea when I home and not working, but when at work I like coffee with sugar

lazytown
05-Mar-08, 21:39
I dont like tea...love my coffee, milk no sugar.

As for Golach's Question: The milk goes in the cup/mug first then the hotwater.

herenow
05-Mar-08, 22:08
i love tea! milk and two n a half sugars!

it annoys my hubby tho! he cant understand why i cant have two or three sugars, why two and a half!!:)

nicnic74
05-Mar-08, 22:29
Coffee with 2 sugars 1st thing in e morn
& then tea the rest o e day wee no sugar
as i get sweeter as e day goes on:lol:

Julia
05-Mar-08, 23:13
I like earl grey tea and ordinary tea, with just a skint of milk (after the water) and it has to be in a china mug, makes it taste better.

Quality coffee, strong with milk and one sugar preferably unrefined ;)

rob16d
05-Mar-08, 23:37
The china mug doesn't make a difference??

rockchick
05-Mar-08, 23:44
Both really, first thing I have black Lady Grey, then at about 10am good coffee (not instant) with dem. sugar and a wee dash of cream - the rest of the day it is black Lady Grey - I try not to have any after 8pm...:eek:

oooo...another Lady Grey fan. I just love this tea!

I also enjoy coffee...but it has to be real coffee. Sorry folks, but Nescafe just ISN'T COFFEE!!! It's Nescafe...in a class by itself.

quiteone
05-Mar-08, 23:58
i drink coffee milk one sugar yum........bit of a coffee addict. but when iv got a hangover its goto be tea with 2sugars :lol:

Foxy
06-Mar-08, 00:51
I like tea with milk and 1 sugar and i make it in the cup then add milk. I never drink coffee as it brings on migraine.

rob16d
06-Mar-08, 07:25
Coffee seems to bring on migraines for a few people?

aburns
06-Mar-08, 08:52
:)Ever since my first pregnancy i can't stand the smell of the stuff!!! (Coffee) I have maybe 2 -3 cups of tea in a day, u cana have it without dunking in a biscuit!!! By the way plenty milk & no sugar xx Hope all has a good day x

Sandra_B
06-Mar-08, 10:52
I'd rather have tea but it just doesn't taste right outside of the UK, so if I'm needing a hot drink it's got to be coffee.

weestraw
06-Mar-08, 16:40
Tea - Tetley with a drip of milk or Earl Grey Black but usually Nescafe BLACK GOLD coffee black no sugar - Soooo Good

rob16d
06-Mar-08, 16:48
MMmm Im waiting on my sugary, milky tea to brew!

karia
06-Mar-08, 18:55
The best cup of (non herbal) tea is always to be had alongside the cooked breakfast on holiday before venturing out for a days exploring.:)

Black tea....no milk no sugar.

At home it is a mug of hot water and a healthy breakfast.:(

obiron
06-Mar-08, 19:02
def tea with a good splash of skimmed milk.

rob16d
06-Mar-08, 19:46
I've round out of milk! :( Will someone email me some?