PDA

View Full Version : caithness general hospital parking

silverfox57
05-Mar-08, 11:26
having been attending,hospital for some time over the last few mths,twice a week sometimes,parking a car is now getting a big prolbem, as there is no parking spaces left, went to railway station car park full.went to haven car park full, tuesday afternoon ,after walking with streets away from hospital with lady from thurso who has a disable badge for here car,we checked disable car park bays where all full with cars without disable badges?, one off the doctors bays was empty as we where going in to hospital ,two lads about 20yrs old with music loud in boy racer car just parked in doctor bay,somethink should be done about parking at hospital .

A_Usher
05-Mar-08, 11:44
Something needs done, we had a hard job finding a space yesterday when we where dropping of some blood samples for the lab from the surgery.

rob16d
05-Mar-08, 11:44
That's awful that disabled parking spaces were full!

justine
05-Mar-08, 12:00
we never use the car park, always park opposite the library....Can always get one there..................most of the cars in there are for passengers going on the train....Alot of workers dont take their own cars as they cant get parked, so not much chance of us patients getting one......

rob16d
05-Mar-08, 12:13
Good on ya Justine! I think the hospital car park needs a revamp anyway...I mean last time I was there it was pothole city!

justine
05-Mar-08, 12:18
Good on ya Justine! I think the hospital car park needs a revamp anyway...I mean last time I was there it was pothole city!

I think it still is...But not been in the car park for couple of years now...Will park at co-op if library full....It not as if it a 30 min walk...
.But the disabled patients and the elderly and infirm are having a heck of a time getting in and out...But I think it may be down to the hospital to get this sorted...
Things take a while to sort out up here, slow pace an all.....

rob16d
05-Mar-08, 12:26
I take it the car park is part of the hosplitals responsibilty then? If it was the council then I'd get onto them

chaz
05-Mar-08, 14:22
Its a nightmare getting parked there, i dread going :(

rob16d
05-Mar-08, 16:26
Its a nightmare getting parked there, i dread going :(

If the state is so bad, people HATE going to the hospital..I think we need to do something about it!

Alice in Blunderland
05-Mar-08, 19:59
one off the doctors bays was empty as we where going in to hospital ,two lads about 20yrs old with music loud in boy racer car just parked in doctor bay,somethink should be done about parking at hospital .

There are no designated doctor bays at the hospital only disabled and not enough of them.

Dusty
05-Mar-08, 20:03
It's much the same situation in Central Region, certainly at Stirling.
I can't comment on how Falkirk Royal is now but it used to be a nightmare with the surrounding streets full as well as the car parks.

rob16d
05-Mar-08, 20:04
Hmmmm well does anybody know who's responsibility the car park is at the hosp?

fuzz24
05-Mar-08, 20:12
It is awful up at the hospital, as a driver with a blue badge, i need, like other a space at the front but too have found that impossiable! So by the time i park round the back near the old doctors or Somewhere, i Really Do need to see a doctor cause i'm so outta breath:mad:, Definatly think the hospital trust or the people who are responsaible for the car park,should fix the problem! maybe buy more land next to Haven and make a new car park!!

Rheghead
05-Mar-08, 20:15
It isn't unusual for outpatients and visitors to pay for their parking. It is a double edged sword but if you want to park near the hospital for a hospital visit then it may be the only answer.

The parking at Raigmore is much the same, it only costs a pound for a full day, cheap and at a fraction of what it should be. That is why the carpark is full and why non hospital users are filling up the carpark. Wick suffers the same problem with shoppers etc.

rob16d
05-Mar-08, 20:23
£1 / day is cheap! Do you think maybe the Wick car park should be charged....the profits could go into maintainence of the pot holes!

Rheghead
05-Mar-08, 20:31
Raigmore is too cheap, that is the problem.

I think £2.50 for 2 hours is a reasonable price for a reasonable length of time for occasional visitors to the hospital. Regular users can apply for a free pass. And parking all day should be £10. That would free up valuable spaces for hospital visitors.;)

I hate to say it but I do approve of charging for parking at hospitals. It is better for visitors.

(sits back and waits for onslaught)

Alice in Blunderland
05-Mar-08, 20:41
As far as I am aware the hospital is responsible for the state of the car park

My first thought is in these times of tight budgets where would we like to see the money spent on paient care in house or a nice car park for us all to park in staff and patients alike. :confused

Maybe parking charges is the answer with exemptions then that would raise some revenue for the nice tar for everyone to park on.

Even if the car park was twice the size it was I suspect lots of people would still have difficulty finding a place. ;)

silverfox57
05-Mar-08, 20:43
Raigmore is too cheap, that is the problem.

I think £2.50 for 2 hours is a reasonable price for a reasonable length of time for occasional visitors to the hospital. Regular users can apply for a free pass. And parking all day should be £10. That would free up valuable spaces for hospital visitors.;)

I hate to say it but I do approve of charging for parking at hospitals. It is better for visitors.

(sits back and waits for onslaught)
I agree with you rheghead,

rob16d
05-Mar-08, 20:44
Rheghead I think most of us agree! we should have to pay for the luxury of nearby parking!

Tighsonas4
05-Mar-08, 21:06
There are no designated doctor bays at the hospital only disabled and not enough of them.
there is most definetely doctors parking bays on the right hand side of the door. i either have to park opposite the door or forget it. if i am pulled up for it would be prepared to argue. always make sure the ambulance bit is clear its a matter that needs to be resolved but by whom ??
tony

Alice in Blunderland
05-Mar-08, 21:12
there is most definetely doctors parking bays on the right hand side of the door. i either have to park opposite the door or forget it. if i am pulled up for it would be prepared to argue. always make sure the ambulance bit is clear its a matter that needs to be resolved but by whom ??
tony

I am positive that they are disabled bays. If doctors are parking there then their only diasability is not being able to read. Drs parking bays have been gone since a long time. There are three disabled bays on the right and a few more on the left. I think there is one bay on the opposite side of the road designated for ambulances but cannot swear to that one. :D

I dont think you will be pulled up for it as they seem to have stopped this practise no more yellow stickers being slapped on windows for parking inconsiderately.

Fran
07-Mar-08, 03:58
You could always bring the matter up with the Patients Council, write to them at the hospital. I know there have been many discussions about parking. Someone does go round looking at cars in disabled spaces and he puts a sticker on those without disabled badges. The disabled spaces are to be repainted shortly. I agree with alice in Blunderland, there are no designated parking for doctors, and all staff have been asked to park at the back of the hospital. the only doctor vehicle parked at the front is the NHS24 vehicle after 6pm but not in the daytime.

Scunner
07-Mar-08, 09:29
Agree with Fran, The Patients council have been bringing the matter to the hospital managers attention again and again, also the disabled parking situtation. We are told that the ratio of disabled parking spaces to the other spaces is higher than in other hospitals. Also the repairs to the potholes are classed as a 'capital expenditure' and the monies in that budget are being spent elsewhere.

Like Fran and my, why dont you join the patients council and have your say.

Alice in Blunderland
07-Mar-08, 12:42
I believe the practise of putting stickers on cars parked where they shouldnt be has stopped. :confused

silverfox57
07-Mar-08, 13:54
update on hospital parking, had to attend hospital Thursday no parking spaces, see a 4by4 car parked up on grass next to flag Pole? i fell very sorry for elderly and disable people who did see walking from behind car park .seems to be getting worse,as have said before have be attending for a while, and is never any spaces now,

sids
07-Mar-08, 14:26
Are people actually parking at the hospital to go down the Street? That's a bit unbelievable!

Poultney lad
07-Mar-08, 15:49
Take it there are no security at the hospital that go round checking the car park

Scunner
07-Mar-08, 17:36
It wouldn't surprise me if people were using the carpark and then going shopping. It was mentioned on this forum, that people were using the carpark at Raigmore and going of on 2 weeks holidays. 2 weeks for a £1 much cheaper than the airport carpark

Alice in Blunderland
07-Mar-08, 19:48
In this lazy society I would be surprised if people were parking in the hospital carpark and then going down the street when they can infact park much closer and still for free.

We have all read the posts on how few people are using town centre shops preffering to go to the out of town sites so unless the busses and trains are full of people heading south after parking in the hospital I dont think its this either. :)

The hospital employs many people and on an average weekly day once all the staff have turned up for work there are not many parking spaces left over. The weekend is much easier to find a parking space at any time when the hospital have much fewer staff coming in.

I think its a case of supply and demand...... too many people going into the hospital and not enough parking spaces for them all. ;)