PDA

View Full Version : playstation 2 problem

krieve
04-Nov-05, 00:56
Can anyone help me with my playstation 2 problem as it wont play any discs :(

William
04-Nov-05, 01:49
Need more info than that, is it only not playing a certain type of disc? is it comming up with any errors? what happens when you put the disc in?

krieve
04-Nov-05, 22:36
All that comes up on the screen is disc error or sometimes it says insert a ps2 format disc

MJB
08-Nov-05, 02:58
Does it make a sound where you think it might be struggling to start the disk up?
You know the whiiiiiir of the disk starting up before it goes quiet, does it do that but then sort of stops and keeps on repeating the whiiiiir as if it's struggling.
If it's doing that then you might need to give your laser a clean/might need to buy a replacement, gametime in thurso might be able to help you more.
I think they repair PS2's.
Also have you checked it with diffrent games as it might be a faulty disk.

krieve
08-Nov-05, 10:43
hi i posted this thread twice by mistake someone said try getting a dvd cleaner out of woolies so i did but it would'nt play it it just keeps saying disc error and insert a playstation format disc and someone said try to take it apart and clean the lense how do i do this any one know:D

cezzy1234
08-Nov-05, 13:49
hi i posted this thread twice by mistake someone said try getting a dvd cleaner out of woolies so i did but it would'nt play it it just keeps saying disc error and insert a playstation format disc and someone said try to take it apart and clean the lense how do i do this any one know:D

hi try geting one of ebay i did and now my ps 2 woorks grate