PDA

View Full Version : Frank Bruno

unicorn
04-Mar-08, 20:15
Did anyone else watch Frank Bruno on GMTV this morning. He has done so well to get over his depression the way he has, a true inspiration. He was a great way to start the day.

percy toboggan
04-Mar-08, 20:17
He used to make me smile did Frank. Glad to hear he's okay...big lumbering lummox that he is.

unicorn
04-Mar-08, 20:20
My daughter was in stitches watching him!! He was brilliant and that laugh of his just makes me laugh too. :lol:
My daughter said "I don't know who he is mum but he is ace" :D

teddybear1873
04-Mar-08, 20:24
Some of the media made him out as though he was backward. I thought he had a great personality. Very much a gentle giant. Im glad he's battled and won against his demons.

unicorn
04-Mar-08, 20:26
They brought that up today and started to slate the editor of the sun and he stopped them, held his hands up and very honestly said that when he was not himself and badly depressed he was harassing her with phonecalls so he could completely understand the way the press treated him.

balto
04-Mar-08, 20:53
the way that frank bruno has dealt with his illness is a insperation to anyone who has suffered from depression, i to watched him this morning and still that laugh is enough to cheer anyone up. long may he continue to make eveyone laugh.[lol]:Razz

Boozeburglar
04-Mar-08, 20:58
Personally, I have never found violence towards women a laughing matter.

Kevin Milkins
04-Mar-08, 21:00
I missed him this morning but it sounds like he has taken a turn for the good.
How could enybody not like that guy.

balto
04-Mar-08, 21:01
Personally, I have never found violence towards women a laughing matter.
i was refering to the sound of his laugh.

scorrie
04-Mar-08, 21:47
i was refering to the sound of his laugh.

If Frank Bruno was your average man-in-the-street, he would be blasted to Kingdom come for laying into his missus. Snap your fingers and "call me a celebrity" and suddenly he is an inspiration to us all.

Frank Bruno made a fortune out of playing the loveable, dumb punchbag over the years. He was the kind of guy that everyone loved, because he was "thick"

"That just wasn't Cricket Harry, but you get that in Boxing" was the type of hare-brained statement that endeared him to the British Public. Meanwhile he was giving a better workover to his wife than he ever did to Mike Tyson.

A calculated imbecile player and a disgrace as a husband. I have no time for him.

balto
04-Mar-08, 21:55
If Frank Bruno was your average man-in-the-street, he would be blasted to Kingdom come for laying into his missus. Snap your fingers and "call me a celebrity" and suddenly he is an inspiration to us all.

Frank Bruno made a fortune out of playing the loveable, dumb punchbag over the years. He was the kind of guy that everyone loved, because he was "thick"

"That just wasn't Cricket Harry, but you get that in Boxing" was the type of hare-brained statement that endeared him to the British Public. Meanwhile he was giving a better workover to his wife than he ever did to Mike Tyson.

A calculated imbecile player and a disgrace as a husband. I have no time for him.
i must admit i wasnt aware of his past as a violent husband

unicorn
04-Mar-08, 22:13
no neither was I :roll: but he still made me laugh this morning.