PDA

View Full Version : parking fines...

hammer
03-Mar-08, 23:18
just wondering if anyone heard more about the illegal sign's of britain today, as i understand most of them are! if you are parked on a double yellow line(not that i have done that) but the lines have to be continuse with a line that markes the start and end of these lines. and if there are any breaks ie patching of the roads where lines have not be replaced, then they are illegal and not in effect, how cool is this for wick? and what a waste of a traffic wardon for wick ha ha,
i lookoed tonight and i have not seen a single line that is unbroken

DeHaviLand
03-Mar-08, 23:24
As far as I'm aware, the yellow lines are to draw your attention to the fixed sign, on a wall or a pole, that tells you what parking restrictions are in force. If thats the case, then it wouldnt matter if the lines were broken or not. It would matter if someone stole the signs;).

I could be wrong though, I was once before. It was a while ago to be fair:lol:

dook
03-Mar-08, 23:35
You've been listening too much to Radio 1. Used to hear the same about how temporary speed signs had to be at an exact distance between each other or you couldn't be done for speeding. That excuse didn't help in court. The permission for the parking restriction has to be made through the secretary of state or some other high heid yin and I don't think a piece of paint missing is going to make parking on a street legal. It would be nice. I do know that chipping off the paint is illegal though...........

northener
04-Mar-08, 18:37
..........then they are illegal and not in effect, how cool is this for wick? and what a waste of a traffic wardon for wick .....

Yeah, cool.......

rob16d
04-Mar-08, 19:19
I saw a program about this on tv...and you can park in certain places if they measure so and so.... I can't mind the tv program...