PDA

View Full Version : Household tips whats yours?

paris
03-Nov-05, 21:33
Come on you lot, who`s got any good household tips , be it cleaning, DIY, or what ever .
Mine is.. scratches on furniture, give them a good old rub with shoe polish, it works for me! Also to clean a dirty cooker ,use washing powder on it , its much easier than products meant for the job.

AIRYFAIRY
03-Nov-05, 21:43
My quick tip is dont clean today what will only need cleaning again tomorrow!! Can I just stress - my house is clean, I`m no tramp or anything!!

golach
03-Nov-05, 22:13
Let the wife do the ironing!!!!!!

03-Nov-05, 22:24
Often heard " why have a dog & do all the barking yourself " . . . .
of course I could never be accused of this viewpoint......
{Quiet at the back there }

Kenn
03-Nov-05, 23:24
Use baby wet wipes to clean the bath, sink, light switches, paintwork etc., they work a treat.
Makes you wonder though what they do to the parts of bairns they were designed for

Ali
03-Nov-05, 23:47
My grandad always said a good tip was " not to eat the yellow snow" or pee on an electric fence !!

dragonfly
04-Nov-05, 10:16
baby wipes are brilliant for removing makeup - especially mascara - though knowing that they also clean baths is making me wonder!!!!!

buggyracer
04-Nov-05, 10:49
To clean wooden dirty tables or to add a new lease of life to them forget pledge etc and use mayonaise, just smear all over and leave for 5 mins and polish off.

krieve
04-Nov-05, 10:57
Try milk for cleaning the hearth on the fire place some people say sour milk is the best but it does'nt smell very nice and baby wipes for clening the glass in closed in fires or fairy liquid.

dragonfly
04-Nov-05, 10:59
to give windows extra sparkle, wash with soapy water and vinegar and dry & buff with sheets of newspaper - JOG Journal good for that - after you have read it of course

paris
04-Nov-05, 13:09
Keep the fluff from a tumble dryer and use for hamster/ mice bedding.

millwood
05-Nov-05, 00:34
belly button fluff any good for you paris . Could start savin you some !!

paris
05-Nov-05, 08:44
Yuck ! please, im just eating me breakfast! ha ha lol

P.S The best cleaning method by far is... get someone else to do it !!

gleeber
05-Nov-05, 14:27
Candle wax on the carpet or upholstery. LIght iron over brown paper does the trick

golach
05-Nov-05, 14:39
http://www.hintsandthings.co.uk/

lassieinfife
07-Nov-05, 19:33
heard scrunched up tin foil works as well as metal pot scourer

Rheghead
07-Nov-05, 21:42
If you have a radiator below a window then either move it or get a pair of curtains that will tuck in nicely between the radiator and the wall. Otherwise it is money out the window.