PDA

View Full Version : Citylink Bus Prices

meu04223
03-Mar-08, 12:55
I think it is ridiculous that it costs £8.53 to get a return from Lybster to Castletown yet I can get a single from Glasgow to Lybster for £9. Also, if you want to cancel your ticket, since last week, you lose 50% of your ticket price.

Flair
03-Mar-08, 13:48
I think it is ridiculous that it costs £8.53 to get a return from Lybster to Castletown yet I can get a single from Glasgow to Lybster for £9. Also, if you want to cancel your ticket, since last week, you lose 50% of your ticket price.

Well that's the lack of competition in the market place for you.

teddybear1873
03-Mar-08, 14:30

Well going by citylink website its £3.06 for an apex return or £4.37 for a standard return. Think you got quoted the wrong price there

meu04223
03-Mar-08, 14:42
its for getting there today and returning tomorrow morning, the daily return price has maybe restored my faith a bit more, thanks for pointing that out.

cuddlepop
03-Mar-08, 15:04
I managed to get a single ticket to Inverness from Portree on Wednesday morning for £6 on line.
If I waited to buy my ticket on board the bus it would have cost me nearer £20.

Venture
03-Mar-08, 16:10
I know a couple of 14 year olds who got on the bus from Tain to Wick on Saturday. When they said they were 14 the bus driver called them liars and charged them £15.10 each.

JAWS
03-Mar-08, 16:59
Don't they get anything to show they are still at school for that purpose?

Venture
03-Mar-08, 17:18
They both had come down by early morning train but because they would have had to wait 4 hours for a train back after attending a sports event in Tain Royal Academy they decided to take the bus back. I know most folk will say they should have had ID and that the driver if in doubt was entitled to charge them full fare. They are both tall for their age but that didn't give the driver the right to call them liars. They didn't argue, just paid up. One of the boys didn't have enough money to pay the full fare but luckily his friend was able to loan him the difference. Otherwise he would have been left behind.

rfr10
03-Mar-08, 17:36
I think it's just amazing how these threads apear from nowhere, yet, when I post threads asking on people's views on public transport in the hope of getting things changed, no-one replies at all.

If you have any issues with regards to public transport whether it is related to costs or not, please send comments to me via private message or for a more guaranteed response, contact me at the following link:

http://www.scottishyouthparliament.org.uk/UserProfile.htm?domId=a456cee9-471e-42b6-b466-4262efd4a988

and then click on "Email This Member" at the bottom.

Ensure that, if your email is related to public transport, you put "ptcg01" in the subject line. If you would like a response or to be kept updated, please state this in your message and include your email address as your email address will not appear in the email otherwise.

Thank you.

teddybear1873
03-Mar-08, 17:39
They both had come down by early morning train but because they would have had to wait 4 hours for a train back after attending a sports event in Tain Royal Academy they decided to take the bus back. I know most folk will say they should have had ID and that the driver if in doubt was entitled to charge them full fare. They are both tall for their age but that didn't give the driver the right to call them liars. They didn't argue, just paid up. One of the boys didn't have enough money to pay the full fare but luckily his friend was able to loan him the difference. Otherwise he would have been left behind.

I would have gone further and reported the driver to citylink or whatever company he works for. Some bus drivers can be ignorant and not have time for kids.

rfr10
03-Mar-08, 17:43
Don't they get anything to show they are still at school for that purpose?

Young Scot/ National Entitlement Cards are provided for this purpose however, bus drivers can still refuse the card if they do not believe the photo matches the person.

If anyone you know has experienced this problem or if a bus driver has wrongly refused discount travel when this is in their company policy or if you have any other issues related to the Young Scot Card Scheme, please contact the Highland Council Youth Development Team at hyv@highland.gov.uk marked for the attention of Mike Jones who is the person dedicated to the Young Scot Card Scheme for the Highlands.

If you don't wish to contact him direct, do as stated in my previous post and contact me by one of the two methods, including a way to contact you.

I encourage anyone who has any issues at all related to the travel of young people or any other issues related to young people to contact me and I will do my best to help or direct you to someone who is in a better position to help.

rfr10
03-Mar-08, 18:05
Tell me, if there were to be a bus service, direct from Thurso to Wick to Inverness without stopping anywhere else, would you use it and how often?

rob16d
03-Mar-08, 20:08
I would use that bus rfr prob twice a month

young_fishin_neep
03-Mar-08, 22:06
Tell me, if there were to be a bus service, direct from Thurso to Wick to Inverness without stopping anywhere else, would you use it and how often?

I would use that bus rfr prob twice a month

Agreed, if buses didnt stop so much i would certainly use it more often, better than 3 and a half hours on a train

kazziie

rfr10
03-Mar-08, 22:21
I'm afraid I'll need more people in favour of a service such as this if I'm to even attempt to do anything about it.

chaz
03-Mar-08, 22:28
My two eldest daughters take my 3year old to inverness every saturday to dance classess, its a long day on the train so if there was a bus with less stops,they would use it.As it is they leave the house at 5.50 in the morning,and return at 10.15 evening:(