PDA

View Full Version : Did folk in Thurso see and hear

dozy
03-Mar-08, 12:32
Did anyone in Thurso see a bright flash in the Northern Sky last night followed by a loud bang 15-20 seconds later at 00.51 this morning????

blackcat
03-Mar-08, 12:49
Did anyone in Thurso see a bright flash in the Northern Sky last night followed by a loud bang 15-20 seconds later at 00.51 this morning????

Heard a loud noise around that time!

unicorn
03-Mar-08, 12:52
no, but it sounds like a flare.

Rourkee
03-Mar-08, 13:04
no, but it sounds like a flare.

Flares dont make a noise other than a woosh and a pop. The ones that make the noise are known as Maroons but they dont make a bright light.

mums angels
03-Mar-08, 13:21
do you know i'm glad that i didn't imagine it i was sure i heard something loud i even got up turned the tele off for a listen and checked on the kids ...thought one might have fallen out o bed lol

router
03-Mar-08, 13:23
its them bleeding aliens again...or the usa taking out another satelite......:lol:

saxovtr
03-Mar-08, 13:25
im in watten and saw the flash,well i was half asleep and saw this flash come through the curtains:roll:

i thought some1 was snooping about my garden with a torch lol

horse
03-Mar-08, 13:33
was up watching the green mile and heard this thought it was thunder

highlander
03-Mar-08, 13:58
I too was up watching the Green Mile and heard the loud bang, never saw the flash of light, but just after it there was a heavy fall of snow, i just put it down to a clap of thunder.

Rheghead
03-Mar-08, 14:46
It might have been a meteorite, a good find for somebody if they're lucky enough.

TBH
03-Mar-08, 14:47
Did anyone in Thurso see a bright flash in the Northern Sky last night followed by a loud bang 15-20 seconds later at 00.51 this morning????Saw it in wick at the same time, a bright blue flash, no sound.

twiglet
03-Mar-08, 14:59
Got woken up around that time by a noise.

Max
03-Mar-08, 15:45
was up watching the green mile and heard this thought it was thunder

Me too - I got up (watching telly in bed) and looked around the house - checked bairns but everything was calm.

Good film though!

hell raizer
03-Mar-08, 16:33
we heard it to, we thought it was thunder

zebedy
03-Mar-08, 17:04
yeah i heard it too, i was just dropping off while watching the green mile and saw a bright flash come in my window, followed by that massive rumble!

kack'd myself haha

Max
03-Mar-08, 19:20
Oh I'm glad I didn't see the flash during that film - I would've switched off I think - and gone under the covers!!!

rob16d
03-Mar-08, 19:33
Jeez....it was heard all over from eick to thurso and it was green??? Please someone explain...tugmistress...do your stuff!

Tugmistress
03-Mar-08, 20:50
Jeez....it was heard all over from eick to thurso and it was green??? Please someone explain...tugmistress...do your stuff!

not a flaming clue!, was snoring in bed! green? doesn't sound like thunder/lightening to me but then again i'm not an expert, green doesn't sound like meteorite either although dependent on metal content some metals (copper i think) burns with a green flame so maybe a copper rich meteorite? is copper a pure metal or an alloy? i didn't do chemistry!
other than that the alien idea sounds good to me lmao

rob16d
03-Mar-08, 20:53
Please can someone come up with an explanation...I'm scared?

unicorn
03-Mar-08, 20:56
Nobody said the flash was green rob, they were watching the green mile :lol:

Tugmistress
03-Mar-08, 21:00
Nobody said the flash was green rob, they were watching the green mile :lol:

sorry, just reread the thread, someone mentioned blue though, so yes lightning can be seen as blue, so quite probably thunder and lightning :D yes it does happen and quite often especially when it has been reasonably warm before a sudden cool down which is how it has been lately (in comaprison lol).

rob16d
03-Mar-08, 21:03
Ok sorry...i'm half asleep!

young_fishin_neep
03-Mar-08, 21:56
well it certainly never woke me up, but then again i dont think naything would have woken me up last night i was asleep by 9 last night

kazzii xxx

Alice in Blunderland
03-Mar-08, 22:02
Okay folks I have the answer it was our very own org super hero Saveman He was travelling like lightening again and broke the speed of sound....:lol:

Someone should have a gentle word with that caped crusader to hang up his cape a little earlier in the evening and not worry his fellow orgers...[lol]

BRIE
03-Mar-08, 22:35
I never heard a thing! & I cant believe I missed the green mile, I love that film!!

SNOWDOG
03-Mar-08, 22:50
Saw it from the airport this am. It was a bright green/blue flash that pretty much filled the western sky, didnt hear any noise though!

young_fishin_neep
03-Mar-08, 22:59
I never heard a thing! & I cant believe I missed the green mile, I love that film!!

was exactly my thought, damm work makes ya tierd!

anyone know if its gunna be repeated?

kazzii xxxx