PDA

View Full Version : Outlook Express problem

Tighsonas4
02-Mar-08, 22:02
OUTLOOK EXPRESS
hope i can explain this. have outlook express in computer since i got it but
although there is messages and photos in inbox which i can take up can not send out messages as the page does not work. if anyone asks me to send an e mail it just cant be done thought i would ask as someone is on about this on here. thanks in anticaption tony

silverfox57
02-Mar-08, 22:13
hi tony hope we both get help as have same problem,

Bobinovich
02-Mar-08, 22:16
Can you tell us the error message which appears when you try and send an e-mail please.

Tighsonas4
02-Mar-08, 22:55
Can you tell us the error message which appears when you try and send an e-mail please.
will have to write it all down as its all complicated bob will come back when i get it all together thanks tony

Bobinovich
02-Mar-08, 23:17
It mbe possible to highlight all the text and simply copy and paste it into a post. If you can't get your hands round that then just type up what you can.

Tighsonas4
03-Mar-08, 13:48
hi bob
error one
the hostsmtp could not be found please verify the servers name has been entered correctly account http server5mtp protocol smtp port 25 secure ssl nosocket error 11001 error no ox8oo cccop
error 2 reads similar it may be that its too techinical any way for me
worth a try eh thanks tony

Bobinovich
03-Mar-08, 14:59
It sounds as though your outgoing mail server has not been set up correctly. Try going into Outlook Express and click Tools > Accounts and then double clicking on your mail account in the large box.

Now click on the Servers tab and tell us what is in the boxes next to Incoming Mail (POP3) and Outgoing Mail (SMTP).

octane
03-Mar-08, 15:22
Most internet providers provide an auto-configure program which will allow your webmail account to make use of outlook express. It will take care of all the settings etc required so that way your not having to do any manual adjustments as its all automatically taken care of.

Tighsonas4
03-Mar-08, 18:28
It sounds as though your outgoing mail server has not been set up correctly. Try going into Outlook Express and click Tools > Accounts and then double clicking on your mail account in the large box.

Now click on the Servers tab and tell us what is in the boxes next to Incoming Mail (POP3) and Outgoing Mail (SMTP).
it will only go as far as accounts cant get further?? it did ask has the servers name been entered correctly completely lost sorry
regards tony

Tighsonas4
03-Mar-08, 18:31
Most internet providers provide an auto-configure program which will allow your webmail account to make use of outlook express. It will take care of all the settings etc required so that way your not having to do any manual adjustments as its all automatically taken care of.
it would need to be automic for me regards t