PDA

View Full Version : Lost cat

rs 2k
02-Mar-08, 17:13
Hi

We got a new cat 3 days ago and he got out last night and i haven't seen him since, we live in the country so he might of just gone hunting with my other cat coz she isn't home yet either, or he might b lost, wandered off and forgot the way home

We live out at forss, so if anyone see's him could u give me a phone please

He is a gorgeous big blonde really fluffy cat, he does have a collar on and i think its red with a bell, he is really really friendly

Hopefully have him home soon

worried about him and miss him :(

Liz
02-Mar-08, 19:05
I am sorry that your cat got out and has not come back.

With him being new to the area he will most probably have gone into hiding.
Have you looked under any outbuildings or hedging?

Did you get him from straight from his former owner in which case he may try to go home?

If you have a picture of him then please send it to webmaster@caithnesscatsprotection.org.uk and his details will be put on the Cats Protection website.

Really hope he comes back soon.

rs 2k
02-Mar-08, 19:31
Hi Liz

We got him from gillock, hope he hasn't tried to get home

Will check all sheds etc as we have 4 sheds

He is really friendly and took to us as soon as he came in, i know u should keep a cat in for at least 2 weeks or so but someone put the dog out and forgot to close the door :mad:

We don't have any pics of him as we just got him sorry

He has been dressed and so has our female cats so no hanky-panky there :lol:

Hope they r together and will come home together, but i doubt it

Cheers

Linzy

Liz
02-Mar-08, 19:36
Hi Linzy

It would be worth contacting his former owners just in case he does go 'home'. Cats have been known to travel long distances to do this.

However, since he took to you so well he may just be exploring his new surroundings and will come home when he is hungry along with your other cat.
Is he quite a confident cat?

Liz

rs 2k
02-Mar-08, 19:42
He was a bit timid of the other cats, the 1st day he arrived, but then the next day he would just wander about the house, looking everywhere,

I have sent his previous owner a PM, hope they aren't too upset, as we r really sorry this has happened and want him back as soon as

I will keep u updated

Linzy

Liz
02-Mar-08, 19:52
It's not your fault that he got out.
I am sure he won't have gone far as it sounds like he had made himself at home.
We homed a cat and he got out the same night. We gave his new owners a cat trap which they put in their garden and they got him the next night so he couldn't have gone far.
Do you think he would come to you if you called for him? If not, could his previos owner come and call his name as he may come out hiding for them?
Good luck!

steveler
02-Mar-08, 20:23
Hi, i have been out looking for him in case he came to his old home but no luck as yet and its dark now, I will keep an eye out for him tonight and look further tomorrow.
I will get a photo to the cats protection too

dont worry, not your fault, these things happen. I just hope he is found safe and well soon.

thanks

luskentyre
02-Mar-08, 21:40
Here's a picture of Gismo - I've put his details on the Cats Protection site now. Fingers crossed he turns up soon.

http://www.caithnesscatsprotection.org.uk/missing/gismo/gismo.jpg

rs 2k
03-Mar-08, 19:02
Hi thanx for all replies and PM's

Gismo still not home :(

My other cat came home last night about midnight, but no gismo :(

Previous owner hasn't seen him either

I looked in all our sheds and nothing, i left a dish of his favourite food outside and it hasn't been touched

Liz
03-Mar-08, 19:04
I am so sorry that Gismo is not home yet.:(

If he has quite a way to go to his old home he may not have arrived yet?

rs 2k
03-Mar-08, 19:09
Yes he has miles to go

We live out at Forss and he came from Gillock, which i would say is a good 20miles

I am keeping my fingers crossed that someone takes him in and they call u to say they have him :~(

Liz
03-Mar-08, 19:28
I really, really hope that he turns up safe and well. Whether this be with you or his old home.

Phoenix200416
03-Mar-08, 20:28
Sorry to hear that Gizmo is missing. I hope that he turns up or is found soon :) Fingers crossed for you...

rs 2k
03-Mar-08, 22:03
Thanx everyone

Gismo is home :)

He came in just 15 mins ago, we r delighted

He is now tucking into his dinner at the fire

Thank-you

He won't b getting outside for a while now,he had me worried sick

luskentyre
03-Mar-08, 22:38
Hooray!! That's brilliant news that Gismo is safe and well :-) Thanks for letting us know.

carasmam
03-Mar-08, 23:01
:DI bet you are glad he's back. Little rascal worrying you like that. Another happy ending though

KCI
03-Mar-08, 23:06
Great to hear that he is back home where he belongs! :D

Phoenix200416
03-Mar-08, 23:18
Hoorah! Thats great news! Pleased he's home safe and sound. Silly chap. :D Thats really made my night :D

binbob
04-Mar-08, 11:00
wonderful news...give him a cuddle from me.

rob16d
04-Mar-08, 11:35
Cuddle him from me too! Any idea where he went?

Liz
04-Mar-08, 13:44
That is fantastic news!!!:lol:

Maybe he just wandered a wee bit too far and got disorientated. The main thing is he's home!

rs 2k
04-Mar-08, 15:20
Thanx everyone

We r over the moon, he has been getting loads of cuddles all day, he is so spoilt

Like Liz said he probably wandered off and got a wee bit lost, but delighted he has found his way home :)