PDA

View Full Version : Help !!! Table & Chairs

Anne x
01-Mar-08, 20:10
I just bought and put together Mmm maybe with some help [lol]

A kitchen table and chairs set the chairs have metal frames sort of silver effect thing as does the table the seats of the chairs are beech as is the table top but I am getting awful stingy electric type shocks of it
the floor has tileloc tiles
I have put the rubber stopper things on the bottom of table and chairs

what is doing this any Ideas ?

golach
01-Mar-08, 20:20
I just bought and put together Mmm maybe with some help [lol]

A kitchen table and chairs set the chairs have metal frames sort of silver effect thing as does the table the seats of the chairs are beech as is the table top but I am getting awful stingy electric type shocks of it

Wearing too much nylon can cause this, truly

WeeBurd
01-Mar-08, 20:27
I just bought and put together Mmm maybe with some help

Not sure Anne, but I know I always get electric shocks when I drive a trolley through Tesco's clothing section :eek:. Truly weird! [lol]

chaz
01-Mar-08, 20:41
Tescos clothing isle always gets me also:confused static like shocks

Venture
01-Mar-08, 20:41
Do you know that's really strange. The same thing happened to me today and it was only in the clothing section.

Anne x
01-Mar-08, 23:13
So how much Nylon is in Polyester much of my labels are that !!! Yes I looked So it is me then !!!
touched the cooker hood to switch of fan after clearing the table and Zap !!!
be back to Dining Room eating Kitchen table write off as waste of money It does look pretty though .
unless I buy cotton K------s [lol]

Ash
02-Mar-08, 09:43
Tescos clothing isle always gets me also:confused static like shocks

hahah i thought it was just me and my partner that got that :D

telfordstar
02-Mar-08, 15:30
Not sure Anne, but I know I always get electric shocks when I drive a trolley through Tesco's clothing section :eek:. Truly weird! [lol]

Oh im glad that im not they only one this happens to. Its quite sore when it happens.

Julia
02-Mar-08, 16:07
Tescos clothing isle always gets me also static like shocks

Oh im glad that im not they only one this happens to. Its quite sore when it happens.

hahah i thought it was just me and my partner that got that

Do you know that's really strange. The same thing happened to me today and it was only in the clothing section.

snip> I always get electric shocks when I drive a trolley through Tesco's clothing section . Truly weird!

This happens to me too, WHY? It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't scream when it happened.

WeeBurd
02-Mar-08, 22:20
Could be down to the flooring - I noticed Anne mentioned her flooring, and if I mind correctly the clothing section in Tesco's has some kind rubbery-laminate stuff (where as the rest of the store is tiled I think)...:confused

Anne x
02-Mar-08, 22:38
thanks wee burd and golach for the suggestion Sanity !! at last I think it probably is my Static
Today was the worst ever Jumping about like a cat on hot coals and trying to cook

I have no Idea about clothing Aisles and Tesco as do not participate Sainsburys for me

My question was my kitchen table and it did upset me as looks so pretty and saves on setting up the dining room
not bought in tesco though !!!

looks like tonight the same table and chairs destined for the local Heart & Stroke Charity as
OH cannot handle the moaning

WeeBurd
02-Mar-08, 23:39
thanks wee burd and golach for the suggestion Sanity !! at last I think it probably is my Static
Today was the worst ever Jumping about like a cat on hot coals and trying to cook

I have no Idea about clothing Aisles and Tesco as do not participate Sainsburys for me

My question was my kitchen my table and it did upset me as looks so pretty and saves on setting up the dining room
not bought in tesco though !!!

looks like tonight the same table and chairs destined for the local Heart & Stroke Charity as
OH cannot handle the moaning

I have no concept of how static works, but would placing a rug under it help, Anne? Then the table and chairs are not in contact with the flooring? It might be a cheaper option than having to buy a new set. :confused

flowertot
03-Mar-08, 16:59
Tescos clothing isle always gets me also:confused static like shocks[/quote]

Clothing isle in Tescos was so bad eventually our four year old used to scream if the trolley went anywhere near the clothing section of either Wick or Inverness! tried complaining to customer services but nothing happened. suppose if enough people mentioned it they may then take it onboard.

honey
03-Mar-08, 17:17
i get zapped the whole time, my youngest used to think it was hilarious to sit in the trolley and touch my hand with his finger, id get zapped and he wouldnt..

my mam really cheered me up, i used to get zapped so much she said im gonna spontaneously combust!!! :lol::eek: