PDA

View Full Version : Advertising petrol prices

saba
01-Mar-08, 20:06
Correct me if I'm wrong, but why is Tesco the only garage to advertise their prices of petrol and diesel on the big signs outside? Why is it that no other garage does this in Caithness?

WeeBurd
01-Mar-08, 20:11
Correct me if I'm wrong, but why is Tesco the only garage to advertise their prices of petrol and diesel on the big signs outside? Why is it that no other garage does this in Caithness?

Well, what crook gives you a warning before he steals all yer money? [lol]

Highland Laddie
01-Mar-08, 20:15

Dunnets, Elm tree and Richards in Wick, all advertise their fuel prices.

saba
01-Mar-08, 20:17
I don't think any garage in Thurso does.

bekisman
01-Mar-08, 20:32
To find out prices in all petrol outlets, click on this* and it will give prices on areas/towns (if you register - free - it will also give you the names of the outlets) Always check it if travelling anywhere..

* http://www.petrolprices.com/ (http://www.petrolprices.com/)

mums angels
01-Mar-08, 20:37

The esso station in Thurso did until they lost there sign last year in the wind but he never has bothered since , and can't say i'm surprised since they all charge a fortune , i no longer look at the price it makes me mad and theres nowt i can do about it i still need deisel :(.

Bobinovich
01-Mar-08, 20:40

No I'm sure so long as it's displayed at the pump itself then they're complying with the law.

I think you're right - and funnily enough they all seemed to disappear around the same time...

...and they say there's no cartel operating here [disgust]

bekisman
01-Mar-08, 21:46
bob: "I think you're right - and funnily enough they all seemed to disappear around the same time..."

No, it was the wind; took em all down at exactly the same time!

Bobinovich
01-Mar-08, 22:14
Well I seem to remember Pennyland Service Stations one blowing down but not the others - I'm fairly sure they were surreptitiously taken down over the next few days.

Wind was probably just a convenient excuse...

saba
01-Mar-08, 22:45
So tell me, are all the garages in Thurso charging the same prices?

MadPict
01-Mar-08, 23:38
I seem to recall that it is a legal requirement to display the fuel prices in the large style boards outside a fuel station.

Can't remember where I read it but I definitely remember this requirement.

DeHaviLand
02-Mar-08, 01:09
That used to be the case MadPict, but Labour changed it to conceal the scale of theft perpetrated by Gordon Brown.

gollach
02-Mar-08, 01:24
There was a thread about this before. It is the law that prices must be displayed on the forecourt but the price display on the pump is sufficient to comply.