PDA

View Full Version : Snoring..Common problem

justine
01-Mar-08, 17:51
So how many of us snore.....Well apperently snoring can out our partners into an early demise situation...Apperently when we hear noises at night wether awake or asleep it raises our blood pressure, according to new reports..

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,91251-1305275,00.html

ExoticQueen
01-Mar-08, 17:57
So how many of us snore.....Well apperently snoring can out our partners into an early demise situation...Apperently when we hear noises at night wether awake or asleep it raises our blood pressure, according to new reports..

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,91251-1305275,00.htmloh i know my hubby is tormented by my snoring tried a lot off things but am still snoring hes threating me with the shed any ideas what i can do am desprate pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee need help:Razz

justine
01-Mar-08, 18:05
oh i know my hubby is tormented by my snoring tried a lot off things but am still snoring hes threating me with the shed any ideas what i can do am desprate pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee need help:Razz

yes tell him if he has a problem he could always sleep in the shed........;)

But heavy snoring can apparently be bad for you aswell....i dont have a problem myself but i am sure your doc would help if needed....

MadPict
01-Mar-08, 18:14
Laugh and the whole world laughs with you...

...snore and you sleep alone!

Torvaig
01-Mar-08, 18:53
Have any of you tried the strips you can buy (Breathe Right) as they are very good at opening up the nasal passages to help you breath easier. I recently had a nose operation and used them; excellent! I know nasal congestion is not always the reason for snoring but it may help one or two people.....

ciderally
01-Mar-08, 21:11
Have any of you tried the strips you can buy (Breathe Right) as they are very good at opening up the nasal passages to help you breath easier. I recently had a nose operation and used them; excellent! I know nasal congestion is not always the reason for snoring but it may help one or two people.....

yea i tried them...really good when you have a stuffy nose...my OH got them for his snoring or so he said ...gave them to me, think he was trying to tell me something?

unicorn
01-Mar-08, 21:20
[lol] snoring doesn't bother me at all........just hubby [lol]

ExoticQueen
01-Mar-08, 21:59
yes tell him if he has a problem he could always sleep in the shed........;)

But heavy snoring can apparently be bad for you aswell....i dont have a problem myself but i am sure your doc would help if needed....
will do thanks have told him he can move 2 the shed if he keeps complaining ha ha

ExoticQueen
01-Mar-08, 22:02
:mad:
tried them they dont work 4 me

Ricco
02-Mar-08, 09:41
I am afraid that I can sometimes give Mrs R a hard time, especially after a couple of drinks. I don't know what to try - have heard conflicting reports about the strips. I try sleeping on my side but things are only slightly better. Often wake with with loads of strange bruises - can't imagine where they come from! ;)

There used to be an operation on the soft palate - does it still exist?

Torvaig
02-Mar-08, 11:09
To be honest, the strips will only be of use for congestion of the nasal passages as in someone with an allergy or a heavy cold. Ricco mentioned the soft palate and as often as not, that is the cause of the problem. If you are very relaxed after any alcohol or you are sleeping on your back, the soft palate vibrates when breathing.

So there is your answer - STOP BREATHING! :lol:

rob16d
02-Mar-08, 11:12
I don't snore but i sometimes mumble in my sleep, sometimes when I'm sleeping lightly I hear someone speak then I wake up and realise it's me!

Torvaig
02-Mar-08, 11:16
I don't snore but i sometimes mumble in my sleep, sometimes when I'm sleeping lightly I hear someone speak then I wake up and realise it's me!

I'm not surprised, you are such a blether that of course you carry on blethering in your sleep! :lol: Give the kittens a cuddle from me.....;)

golach
02-Mar-08, 11:24
I pop in my sleep, (I purse my lips and go pop) allegedly, it drives Mrs G crazy, I have had more digs in my ribs and shouting in my ear "Your Popping!!!" The response is usually "Eh??? no am no"

WeeBurd
02-Mar-08, 22:23
All I know, is that I had to spend an uncomfortable night on the couch last night, courtesy of MrBurd's snoring. In his defence, his sleep has been severely disrupted over the last week or so due to my nasty cough, so fair's fair I suppose...:roll:

balto
02-Mar-08, 22:26
my god my other half can snore for britain and that aint no word of a lie, no matter how many times he gets kicked it doesnt make no difference to him.

kalinka
02-Mar-08, 22:28
Snoring drives me mad, I am such a light sleeper anyway! Thank goodness I have ear plugs, and when that doesn't help, a comfy couch.

I think part of the torment of snoring is that the snorer is so blissfully asleep, which just winds the snoree up more!

Lolabelle
03-Mar-08, 12:25
I pop in my sleep, (I purse my lips and go pop) allegedly, it drives Mrs G crazy, I have had more digs in my ribs and shouting in my ear "Your Popping!!!" The response is usually "Eh??? no am no"
Dave does this too, but I call it "puffing" and I think it's cute. It isn't loud enough to wake me, and as he is not home mostly during the week, I kind of find it comforting. :eek:

rich
03-Mar-08, 20:55
If you are causing the house to vibrate and the dog and cat have left to join your wife at Lands End you might consider getting your family doctor to refer you to a sleep clinic.

Julia
03-Mar-08, 22:27
Apparently I have bouts of horrendous snoring, that was the official verdict after my night at the sleep clinic, I was a tad offended when told this, I didnt realise horrendous was a medical term. I also grind my teeth like my life depends on it, hold my breath which scares folk half to death, I also talk, laugh and scream in my sleep! :eek: