PDA

View Full Version : What is happening to the orgers?

BRIE
01-Mar-08, 13:43
is there something in the water?? seems the org is turning into a war zone recently. theres alot of heated posting going on, cant we all play nicely & take others feelings into consideration?
were all entitled to an opinion but it can be put across without insulting or upsetting others!
heres hoping for a friendlier org as it used to be.

chaz
01-Mar-08, 13:45
well said:)

Torvaig
01-Mar-08, 14:06
The org is a community and in a community you get a wide variety of personalities with differing views on every subject under the sun. It is not possible to have a place where all the postings suit everyone.

It does no harm to see how other people react to something; we all have our own ways of living, dealing with problems which are universal and some use these message boards to air their views and to ask others opinions.

If folks want to have a heated debate then that is up to them and no one forces us to read them no matter how much we may dislike them being there....debate is good; personal insults are not....we can all learn a lot by seeing how other people feel and think.....we are never too old to widen our understanding of the ways of the world and the people in it....

MadPict
01-Mar-08, 14:12
Maybe they're all suffering from SAD? Lack of sunlight is making them all grumpy - things should improve as the sun starts to shine and then they can all go outside and stand and watch the turbine blades flash in the midday sun...

danc1ngwitch
01-Mar-08, 14:20
We do all react differently toward things.
I refuse to let any post bother my day, because when i am ready i turn of and leave the computer.
It would be all very boring if we never had a bit of banter.
Nothing should be taken personaly on here.
On the other hand its real people and real feelings.
This Org could do wea more banter, people are getting that they are afraid to say what they feel.
Oh lets not upset so and so, lets agree because they been here longer.
Ah!!!... be ourselves.
But keep in mind others do av feelings to.

percy toboggan
01-Mar-08, 14:21
I think the place has become rather more interesting with views allowed to be expressed slightly more forcefully than in the past. Personally I thrive more on disagreement and , argument and debate far more than bland acquiescence.
Some people come here looking for vindication and support. They don't always find it...what they get sometimes is a different perspective from people with differing value systems and different outlooks.

The motto should be ' if you might not like the answer then don't ask the question'

Highland Laddie
01-Mar-08, 14:22
Maybe they're all suffering from SAD? Lack of sunlight is making them all grumpy - things should improve as the sun starts to shine and then they can all go outside and stand and watch the turbine blades flash in the midday sun...

Good idea, very pleasant watching the blades turn, so relaxing
almost sends me of to sleeeeppppppppzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

unicorn
01-Mar-08, 14:32
I think that the time has come for people to understand that this is a community and there is no king or queen of it, we are all the same, no person more important than any other, everyone is equal.

Saveman
01-Mar-08, 14:33
....but some are more equal than others..... ;)

unicorn
01-Mar-08, 14:36
Ya think :lol:

Boozeburglar
01-Mar-08, 14:38
is there something in the water?? seems the org is turning into a war zone recently. theres alot of heated posting going on, cant we all play nicely & take others feelings into consideration?
were all entitled to an opinion but it can be put across without insulting or upsetting others!
heres hoping for a friendlier org as it used to be.

What's yer problem?

Typical of you to come out with this.

If you don't like it you know where the door is.

What makes you think your opinion is so important?

Kidding!

I know what you mean, even I am finding it a bit combative. When I post in other forums I may expect mainly arguments, like a politics one I mod, but in a General section in a 'community' message board, I would hope people might be nicer to each other.

I suppose I am as guilty as anyone else, but you make a good point.

:)

justine
01-Mar-08, 15:17

Famous last words......:lol:

Tristan
01-Mar-08, 23:30

Very well put!

twiglet
01-Mar-08, 23:41
Brie, totally agree about the war zone, have been at the recieving end. Some 'orgers just seem to like a good row! Plenty of us just like to say our piece and be done with it tho. Just get annoyed when threads get hijacked and origional subject gets forgotten in the row.

Wellies
01-Mar-08, 23:52
Totally agree Brie. One of the threads I replyed to I was told to leave it to the knowledgable and to basically beggar off. I thought everyones opinion was just as important as anothers.

quiteone
02-Mar-08, 13:33
i find some people r jus like that. they put people or opinions down as to make themselves feel better.............some people r jus plain nasty

justine
02-Mar-08, 13:34
Whats happening to the org..NOTHING if we all just get on with it.....

anneoctober
02-Mar-08, 13:45
Totally agree Brie. One of the threads I replyed to I was told to leave it to the knowledgable and to basically beggar off. I thought everyones opinion was just as important as anothers.
Please do NOT give in to the nasty element that's been creeping into the Org lately. I've met some brilliant buddies here since I joined and I don't see why a minority should spoil the Org for the rest of us, who want to get the craic, discuss and comment on various subjects. Keep posting your opinions, - share your funny moments and sad. The majority of us on the Org LOVE people. ;)

silverfox57
02-Mar-08, 22:08
was told by a humble old lady many years ago. sex feet of earth makes everyone the same,i still believe that.today,

Torvaig
02-Mar-08, 22:36
was told by a humble old lady many years ago. sex feet of earth makes everyone the same,i still believe that.today,

There's no disputing that.....;)

balto
02-Mar-08, 22:38
i must admit that i have been wound up about certain things the past few days so if i have been a pain in the you no what then i am sorry;);)

Torvaig
02-Mar-08, 22:48
i must admit that i have been wound up about certain things the past few days so if i have been a pain in the you no what then i am sorry;)

You have a lot to cope with.....I like the avatar; just noticed it! :lol:

anneoctober
02-Mar-08, 22:58
i must admit that i have been wound up about certain things the past few days so if i have been a pain in the you no what then i am sorry;);)
that's what we're here for wifie ! Hope things are looking brighter. did you get your poem? Anne xx

balto
02-Mar-08, 23:19
that's what we're here for wifie ! Hope things are looking brighter. did you get your poem? Anne xx
oh i did she gave it to me yesterday it was either that or she was going to dump it and to be honest i saw past the messy writing it is what she had written that truly mattered she wrote it from her heart so tomorrow i am going to buy a frame for it and hang it pride of place for everyone to see. thankyou for askingx

carasmam
02-Mar-08, 23:34
Maybe they're all suffering from SAD? Lack of sunlight is making them all grumpy snip

Yes some people need to get out in the fresh air more, clear the cobwebs, instead of sitting at their pc's bashing out a load of old nonsense :)

unicorn
02-Mar-08, 23:40
I think thats disgraceful behaviour, I hope you gave as good as you got [evil]

teddybear1873
03-Mar-08, 02:02
I cant understand why people get cheesed of or wound up on here. Its a chat forum for gods sake. At the end of the day its only someone on the other end hitting buttons on a keyboard.

theone
03-Mar-08, 02:23
I think there should be a "love in" section, where people announcing their arrival to the org, people who use the site as an online samaritans, and people announcing illnesses etc can post.

For me, the "general" section gets a bit heavy sometimes........

TBH
03-Mar-08, 02:34
I think there should be a "love in" section, where people announcing their arrival to the org, people who use the site as an online samaritans, and people announcing illnesses etc can post.

For me, the "general" section gets a bit heavy sometimes........Maybe we could have that tune playing, you know, the one that used to be on radio one playin as the presenter read the saddest of stories. Nino Rota- Romeo and Juliet?

Cleared in Hot
03-Mar-08, 02:53

For me, the "general" section gets a bit heavy sometimes........

Mmmm .. "Love in" Section.

Like the sound of that .. ;) .. I have just arrived and Im always ready for a bit of "Love In" .. :)

Gonna like it here.

silverfox57
03-Mar-08, 11:18
good to see everyone is in better mood for a cold monday ,spring is in the air,hope we are all in same mood by by friday,

teddybear1873
03-Mar-08, 11:21
good to see everyone is in better mood for a cold monday ,spring is in the air,hope we are all in same mood by by friday,

Dont speak too soon silverfox. Give it to 1030am and im sure someone will be whingin about something or someone.

Wellies
03-Mar-08, 12:39
I think thats disgraceful behaviour, I hope you gave as good as you got [evil]

Just biding my time Unicorn lol

silverfox57
03-Mar-08, 14:52
Dont speak too soon silverfox. Give it to 1030am and im sure someone will be whingin about something or someone.
just in was reading some threads,seems to be kicking off ,all the best to all orgers,we only get one day at a time ,i try to make it count,it only takes one phone call ,as i had last week, which could change what is important in live,hope we , as the yanks have a nice day,:lol:

scorrie
03-Mar-08, 16:58
. sex feet of earth

Sounds intriguing silverfox!!

JAWS
03-Mar-08, 17:15
So you think everybody's in a good mood do you? I'll soon put a stop to that. I'm in a foul mood and just itching to find somebody to pick on! ;)

I suspect what brought this Thread about is not so much genuine heated discussions about a subject but rather when it starts to become personal and descends into little more than a personal slanging match between combatants with the point of the Thread going out of the window.

rich
03-Mar-08, 17:18
....of introversion is occurring. It happens at regular intervals, I have noticed, usually around Srping time.
Perhaps we should be dosed at regular intervals to flush out the accumulated bile and ill will that has built up over the winter.
Rhubarb anyone, or cod-liver oil?

Anji
03-Mar-08, 17:31
Ah, memories!
Simon Bates and Our Tune.

Maybe we could have that tune playing, you know, the one that used to be on radio one playin as the presenter read the saddest of stories. Nino Rota- Romeo and Juliet?

ExoticQueen
18-Mar-08, 12:03
love yourself and love your life,and ull be amazed at what those few words can help you through god bless and peace with you all today.:)

ExoticQueen
18-Mar-08, 12:05
So you think everybody's in a good mood do you? I'll soon put a stop to that. I'm in a foul mood and just itching to find somebody to pick on! ;)

I suspect what brought this Thread about is not so much genuine heated discussions about a subject but rather when it starts to become personal and descends into little more than a personal slanging match between combatants with the point of the Thread going out of the window.
mmm we seem to want a wee friendly bannter lol:lol:

cd1977
18-Mar-08, 12:17
We could take things a wee bit further.

A "highly strung" forum, or perhaps a "melodramatic" section? ;)

Saveman
18-Mar-08, 12:17
The Org is a whole lot more peaceful now than it used to be. But I'm sure if you asked nicely we'd put on a show for ya.........

Sapphire2803
18-Mar-08, 12:48
The Org is a whole lot more peaceful now than it used to be. But I'm sure if you asked nicely we'd put on a show for ya.........
Oh no! Not another show?! This time you get to wear the Marigold gloves and silver tassled bikini, last time they gave me a nasty rash....