PDA

View Full Version : Inspiration please

rob16d
01-Mar-08, 12:36
I have some painting to do in my new house, I also have to tidy up and soort out all my belongings...please give mee some inspiration as I can't be bothered!

Highland Laddie
01-Mar-08, 12:39
I have some painting to do in my new house, I also have to tidy up and soort out all my belongings...please give mee some inspiration as I can't be bothered!

GO GET IT DONE ---- NOW

Rheghead
01-Mar-08, 12:39
Do you usually respond better to a good kick up the backside or a nice wee word in the shell-like?:confused

rob16d
01-Mar-08, 12:42
Thanks Highland ALddie...very upfront! :)

Rheghead.......I usually respond better to structured pros and cons and persuation than
GO GET IT DONE---NOW

saxovtr
01-Mar-08, 12:56
cd player - dance music get the paint brush out and off you go.........

router
01-Mar-08, 13:00
you could try a site that is designed to help you decorate your rooms...They have 3d rooms that you virtually decorate.....Quite handy...

Now get you fingers moving and find a few links...............;)

balto
01-Mar-08, 13:07
a little bit of music always helps me if i have anything to do and cant be bothered oh and the thought of the other half arriving home for work and it ain done.[lol][lol]

rob16d
01-Mar-08, 14:01
What music would get everyone in painting mood?

Rheghead
01-Mar-08, 14:08
"Mona Lisa" by Nat King Cole?
"Matchstick men" by Chaz and Dave?

Highland Laddie
01-Mar-08, 14:10
The Corries (Flower of Scotland);)

BRIE
01-Mar-08, 14:12
your spending far to much time on the org Rob! you need to get motivated I know this place is addictive but come on up off your bottom & get some work done! then come back on here when youve done & let us all know what youve achieved!! good luck.
p.s id come & help but im attached to the laptop!hehe;)

Torvaig
01-Mar-08, 14:13
Get a friend(s) in who knows you well and will help you sort out your belongings; one pile of necessary things and sentimental things to keep, another to put to a charity shop and yet another to put in the bin. Have a final look at it all and just do it!

Depending on how much decorating you have to do, you could have a stripping (wallpaper) party with food and tea provided to keep them going. Amazing how quickly you get things done if you are in good company..good luck..

danc1ngwitch
01-Mar-08, 14:13
If ur not in the mood it won't be pleasureable.
Ermmmmm... this is hard lol

Torvaig
01-Mar-08, 14:15
your spending far to much time on the org Rob! you need to get motivated I know this place is addictive but come on up off your bottom & get some work done! then come back on here when youve done & let us all know what youve achieved!! good luck.
p.s id come & help but im attached to the laptop!hehe;)

Shall we ask admin to disable his access to the forums until he can prove he has done his decorating....;)

Angela
01-Mar-08, 14:15
Definitely decorate to music! Have you chosen/bought the paint yet, rob?

This kind of job makes me feel so tired at the very thought -what I usually do is divide it up into smaller, more manageable, tasks and award myself a nice TREAT when I finish each part. :D

Or there's another way where you just allow yourself a limited amount of time that's LESS than you think you'll need, work VERY fast and get it finished that way.

Method 1 probably needs more laid back music -method 2 something much faster! ;)

cuddlepop
01-Mar-08, 14:23
Put on your favourite cd,pick a room that needs to be done and set a target.
Maybe a few hours,maybe a whole room.If you set a goal for yourself and a wee treat at the end it'll all seem worthwhile honest.;)

unicorn
01-Mar-08, 14:34
Get some sensible friends round and have a decorating party, no drinks just fun. It's always easier to do it when you are competing to do the most!! :lol:

ciderally
01-Mar-08, 14:46
hi rob...just think how its gonna look by monday..if you get off your butt now..the house will look nice, and you can sit back and think what a good job you have done...dont think about starting it..just do it ...good luck and enjoy....xx

BRIE
01-Mar-08, 15:16
Shall we ask admin to disable his access to the forums until he can prove he has done his decorating....;)

hehe now that would get him working:lol:

rob16d
01-Mar-08, 17:44
Too right it would get me working!! YOU DARE disable my account!

ExoticQueen
01-Mar-08, 17:53
a kick up the but lol just do it when u feel like it thats what i would do the sooner u do it the sooner u can forget about it,u need someone with a good sense of humour to keep u at it,either that or we will have 2 chain u 2 the house 2 get it done ha ha ha only joking:Razz:Razz

young_fishin_neep
01-Mar-08, 22:30
rob just iinvite ur pals over and get them to help, i always find its more fun paintin my room when ma mates are over giving me a hand only downside is paint tends to get everywere else aswel

kazzii xxx

ExoticQueen
01-Mar-08, 22:35
come on now do u want me to give u a boot up ur bum lol will do that way ull get some work done only joking :Razz

ywindythesecond
03-Mar-08, 02:09

Rob, the answer is in here. Start at 2mins 47 secs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTIEBLGF2_k (http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTIEBLGF2_k)

quality
04-Mar-08, 17:06
rob16d have you finished your painting yet or did you not bother.