PDA

View Full Version : pillows

ciderally
28-Feb-08, 22:18
i usually just go for the cheap ones..but im off tomorrow to treat myself to one of those new space fome ones that costs about 60 quid are they really worth that kind of money .........

balto
28-Feb-08, 22:20
that seems a bit extreme for a pillow but hey if it is comfy go for it, bed is the most important place in the house[lol][lol]

Julia
28-Feb-08, 22:38
I always say it's worth spending good money on shoes and beds.

My pillows end up like pancakes, putting two in one pillowcase helps, I did spend £20 on one pillow tho', it has an air pocket in the middle so never loses it's oomph, it's very good.

If I had the cash I'd splash out on decent pillows

mums angels
28-Feb-08, 22:43
My brother and his gf bought a space foam matterss and pillows and they swear by it i'm happy with the one i have at the moment but would consider getting one next time .

chaz
28-Feb-08, 23:00
Our came from the white company, they are really good,but expensive im told.Luckily mine were a gift:) If it gives you a good nights sleep its worth it

superted
28-Feb-08, 23:06
Anything that helps you sleep and sleep well is well worth the money. I have good quailty pillows and highly recommend you invest in some.

nicnak
28-Feb-08, 23:10
we all have the memory foam pillows and they are absolutley brilliant- they take a bit of getting used to but now we wouldn't change them! zzzzzzzzz

Highland Laddie
28-Feb-08, 23:16
I think the pillows the better half bought are Northern Nights and they really are very good, i'm not sure how much they cost, the bh told me not to ask, so that usually means they were expensive.
and as i always do what she tells i didn't, anything for a quiet life. ;)

Liz
28-Feb-08, 23:20
I think I must have bought every pillow on the market!
The one I like best (well for the moment) is a Northern Nights Eurofeather.
I did try memory foam but find it just a bit too firm and I did try it for quite some time. If someone wants one (for free) which has hardly been used then please pm me.

ciderally
28-Feb-08, 23:23
these pillows do look an odd shape..... mind you if it gets rid of the pain in my neck it will be worth it.....thanks for the input folks...

ciderally
28-Feb-08, 23:25
I think I must have bought every pillow on the market!
The one I like best (well for the moment) is a Northern Nights Eurofeather.
I did try memory foam but find it just a bit too firm and I did try it for quite some time. If someone wants one (for free) which has hardly been used then please pm me.

ah heck..wish i was in caithness...

Liz
28-Feb-08, 23:29
ah heck..wish i was in caithness...

I know I was going to offer it to you until I saw where you stayed!!!

bobbyjoeufb
29-Feb-08, 01:36
I bought a memory foam matteress and pillows on Ebay last week.

The matteress is great, you sink into the foam and it supports my back, cant get used to the pillows so think ill go back to my old ones.

alfie
29-Feb-08, 09:27
I have one of those 'space age' pillows as you call them! But they don't have to be the strange shaped ones. Mine are normal shape and I can't get to sleep without them now, even the kids try to pinch them off me. They are quite expensive but they should last you a life time, and once you've tried them you will never want to use the old ones again. Happy sleeping x

ciderally
29-Feb-08, 18:51
happy to say i went and got my pillow..119 euros...will it be worth the money? well lets hope thats the end of the sore neck in the mornings....
watch this space ....

alfie
29-Feb-08, 19:38
Cinderally, I hope you have a good nights sleep and wake up tomorrow morning feeling like a million dollars - no sore neck...

ciderally
29-Feb-08, 19:42
Cinderally, I hope you have a good nights sleep and wake up tomorrow morning feeling like a million dollars - no sore neck...

thank you alfie...i really do hope so..or i will be thinking of all i could have spent that money on..tee hee...lets think positive...oh and welcome to the org..

Liz
29-Feb-08, 19:58
Just to say that someone has taken the memory foam pillow I was offering.

I have a memory foam mattress and it is brilliant but I found the pillow to be a bit too firm.

How firm is the pillow you have Alfie?

ciderally
29-Feb-08, 20:05
Just to say that someone has taken the memory foam pillow I was offering.

I have a memory foam mattress and it is brilliant but I found the pillow to be a bit too firm.

How firm is the pillow you have Alfie?

my lord liz i think i tried every shape size thickness weight there was in benidorm today..i did opt for the odd shaped one..i never realised there was so much choice..anyway done now..xx

Liz
29-Feb-08, 20:13
my lord liz i think i tried every shape size thickness weight there was in benidorm today..i did opt for the odd shaped one..i never realised there was so much choice..anyway done now..xx

I think I could write a book on pillows I have tried that many!
I have arthritis in my neck and spine and it has been really hard to get something which gives support but is comfy.
As I said, at the moment, I am using the Northern Nights Eurofeather and so far so good.

Really hope you get a good night's sleep with your new pillow.:D

alfie
29-Feb-08, 20:23
Hi Liz, My pillows are fairly firm but not brick hard, and once you settle in on them at night you sink in and they mould to your shape!! I also have the mattress and once you hit the sack you drift off like a baby......

Liz
29-Feb-08, 22:42
Thanks Alfie.:D

I love the memory foam mattress as well. I used to have a Northern Nights featherbed which was nice as well but a bit of a faff as you have to keep fluffing it up. Especially after the cats had been on it!:lol:

balto
29-Feb-08, 22:47
i usually just go for the cheap ones..but im off tomorrow to treat myself to one of those new space fome ones that costs about 60 quid are they really worth that kind of money .........
well how did the pillows go then were they lovely and comfy:Razz:Razz