PDA

View Full Version : Well done Prince Harry

Royster1911
28-Feb-08, 19:49
It was good to hear that Prince Harry is doing his bit for Queen and Country after the MOD cock-up last year. I wish him and his comrades a safe and speedy return to the UK

MadPict
28-Feb-08, 19:51
Ditto.........

dessie
28-Feb-08, 19:52
well said royster.and i totaly agree.with your comments..

percy toboggan
28-Feb-08, 20:16
Yes I agree. Fair play to the man.
I hope the experience acts as a watershed and his somewhat dissolute leisure time finds either new purpose, or a lower profile from herein.
A shame his cover was blown though.

superted
28-Feb-08, 20:17
here here!

Royster1911
28-Feb-08, 20:23
Yes I agree. Fair play to the man.
I hope the experience acts as a watershed and his somewhat dissolute leisure time finds either new purpose, or a lower profile from herein.
A shame his cover was blown though.

Once again the Yanks strike. Who needs the Taliban when they are around?[evil]

balto
28-Feb-08, 22:24
totally agree with this, he signed up for the army so he should have to fight like the rest of them, safe and speedy return to them all.

DeHaviLand
28-Feb-08, 22:29
I dont think he'll be looking for any plaudits, I reckon he'll just be happy doing the job he's been trained to do. Well done young man, and the same to all our fighting boys and girls.

orkneylass
28-Feb-08, 23:00
He came across on interview as very pleasant and normal - neither a plum in his mouth nor lots of "Y'Know's".

Venture
29-Feb-08, 10:43
Can't see him being there for long now that the world and his wife know about it. I admire the lad for having the courage to be there in the first place when lets face it he could have had the choice of staying at home. He dosen't want to be treated differently from those he is serving with and the media should have had the decency to allow him to get on with the job. I wish him and all other personnel a speedy safe return.

mccaugm
29-Feb-08, 11:13
I totally and utterly disagree with the fact that "our boys and girls" are fighting for a pointless war. However, I am delighted that Harry was allowed to fight for "Granny" & Country. He is a well trained able soldier so he should just be allowed to get on with the job in hand.

The Angel Of Death
29-Feb-08, 11:25
Although I applaud him for going out there given his position am I the only one that thinks that he shouldn't be getting a well done for doing the job he chose to do ???

There are thousands (if not hundreds of thousands) of other soldiers out in Afghanistan and Iraq who will no doubt be getting anywhere near the "coverage" that he will be getting in the next few days

I know I don't get a well done for coming into work each day and doing what I picked as a career I just get paid

Loch not Lock
29-Feb-08, 11:45
[evil] The whole thing is pure propoganda.

Loch not Lock
29-Feb-08, 11:53
He should have worn his Nazi uniform, considering his ancestory.

Rheghead
29-Feb-08, 12:01
[evil] The whole thing is pure propoganda.

What is that you're saying?:confused

Venture
29-Feb-08, 12:15
Just saw on BBC News that he is being withdrawn immediately.

justine
29-Feb-08, 13:39
Just saw on BBC News that he is being withdrawn immediately.

here is the link to that story...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7270743.stm

So much for him being able to fight for queen and country.....

What about all the other soldiers out there.What about there right to this, talk about double standards....

Julia
29-Feb-08, 14:45
Well done for coming home but only as it means the soldiers who were alongside him will now be safer!

justine
29-Feb-08, 14:48
Well done for coming home but only as it means the soldiers who were alongside him will now be safer!

Sorry julia..How will they be safer.they are targets wether he is there or not..Only bringing them home will make hem safer....

Julia
29-Feb-08, 16:51
I didn't write that very well, I mean a little safer without a big 'target' called Harry beside them.... it is bugging me however that this story is preceding the Jersey story on the news!

justine
29-Feb-08, 16:53
I didn't write that very well, I mean a little safer without a big 'target' called Harry beside them.... it is bugging me however that this story is preceding the Jersey story on the news!

I know the justice in the world...Its all hypocritcal no matter what the situation;)

the charlatans
29-Feb-08, 17:01
When you think about it, he's stuffed if he does and he's stuffed if he doesn't serve. His choice of career was admirable but not particularly realistic. The MOD couldn't have him being a 'bog standard' soldier as he is an Heir to the throne and it wouldn't do to have him killed or injured.
I'm glad he went - it should give him some experience to broaden his life skills (or make him a man, my son) but i'm now glad he's been taken out. Yes they are all targets out there but if you were Mr Taliban and Harry was located near you wouldn't you think, hmmmm big target, lets get him specifically and to pot with anyone serving beside him.

orkneylass
29-Feb-08, 17:11
He should have worn his Nazi uniform, considering his ancestory.

What a nasty remark - I take it that a) You see all people of German ancestry as Nazis and b) You believe that all subsequent generations bear the guilt for an eveil act carried out by their predecessors.

In that case we are all of us damned......

nannydip
29-Feb-08, 17:16
I thought Harry came across really well, but found myself getting annoyed with the OTT news coverage.

Loch not Lock
29-Feb-08, 21:41
What a nasty remark - I take it that a) You see all people of German ancestry as Nazis and b) You believe that all subsequent generations bear the guilt for an eveil act carried out by their predecessors.

In that case we are all of us damned......

My Nazi statement was not a racist one. I was referring to him dressing up as a Nazi for a party. Do you think that is a decent act from the third in line to the throne?

golach
29-Feb-08, 21:44
My Nazi statement was not a racist one. I was referring to him dressing up as a Nazi for a party. Do you think that is a decent act from the third in line to the throne?
Have you never done something aged 18 that you regretted the next day?
I know I have and did
And so what if he is third in line to the throne, he was out there in Afganistan doing his bit the same as any other soldier.

DeHaviLand
29-Feb-08, 22:13

Your statement became racist when you added "given his ancestry". And you are well aware of it.

JAWS
29-Feb-08, 22:53
Don't worry, he's just been listening to Al Fayed's rubbish too often. I once went to a Fancy Dress Party dressed as an Arab Sheik – so presumably Loch not Lock must assume then in view of that I am a sympathizer with Arab Suicide Bombers.

I’m glad I didn’t go as St. Benedict, I dread to think what he would have made of that!

JAWS
29-Feb-08, 22:55
Do you think that is a decent act from the third in line to the throne?Perhaps you would have found it more acceptable if he had gone dressed as Stalin!

Loch not Lock
29-Feb-08, 23:34
Listen to George Galloway on Talksport between now and 1 am and you will understand my views in a deeper manner. Tune in on Sky Channel 0108.

MadPict
29-Feb-08, 23:43
George Galloway - the MP who dressed in a lurid pink leotard and pretended he was a cat........

Say no more......

DeHaviLand
29-Feb-08, 23:43
If George Galloway shapes your views, then you are more to be pitied than scorned:(

MadPict
29-Feb-08, 23:51
Just in case you could forget this sight...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4608082.stm

superted
29-Feb-08, 23:55
Listen to George Galloway on Talksport between now and 1 am and you will understand my views in a deeper manner. Tune in on Sky Channel 0108.

That says it all...you listen to George Galloway!!!:roll:

bekisman
29-Feb-08, 23:58
"Listen to George Galloway"? Nah, you ARE joking?

percy toboggan
01-Mar-08, 00:05

But there is so little to go on in Jersey at the moment....
No Afghan toilet jokes please.

percy toboggan
01-Mar-08, 00:07
Indeed the man Galloway is a clot... were I Dumfries I'd seek an act of seperation.

Boozeburglar
01-Mar-08, 00:11
I have a lot more time for Galloway than I do for Harry.

superted
01-Mar-08, 00:13

Go on...explain, this should be amusing!!!

Boozeburglar
01-Mar-08, 00:24
Explain what?

Loch not Lock
01-Mar-08, 00:25
Well said, Boozeburglar.
What has Afghanistan ever done to us?
At this very moment there is an extremely wise discussion on Talksport - Sky Channel 0108. Just try opening your ears and your prejudices might fade. I can only but hope.
The simplistic comment about George Galloway acting as a cat in a pink leotard on Celebrity Big Brother sums up the closed minds of so many.

superted
01-Mar-08, 00:28
Explain what?

What you meant by your last comment!!

superted
01-Mar-08, 00:31
Well said, Boozeburglar.
What has Afghanistan ever done to us?
At this very moment there is an extremely wise discussion on Talksport - Sky Channel 0108. Just try opening your ears and your prejudices might fade. I can only but hope.
The simplistic comment about George Galloway acting as a cat in a pink leotard on Celebrity Big Brother sums up the closed minds of so many.

It's not what they've ever done for us...but what damage the people hidding there can do to us!!!

Boozeburglar
01-Mar-08, 00:36
Go on...explain, this should be amusing!!!

I think that set up precludes a serious response.

How can you make a serious comment like that??

It seems obvious, I just did!

The 'Royal' family are generally a waste of space.

Galloway is a politician I admire.

My opinion, and not one you are going to dent.

I will re use this post to add this to discourage your posting 'points' feeding frenzy.

Loch not Lock
01-Mar-08, 00:37
Hiding???????????????

superted
01-Mar-08, 00:38

How can you make a serious comment like that??

golach
01-Mar-08, 00:44
I once went to a Fancy Dress Party dressed as an Arab Sheik – so presumably Loch not Lock must assume then in view of that I am a sympathizer with Arab Suicide Bombers.
I have a full arab outfit, brought back from Saudi that I wear at fancy dress, I dont support Al'quida, but what was Mr Galloway wearing as he lapped milk from Rula Lenska's hands?

Loch not Lock
01-Mar-08, 00:49
Who is the most intelligent- George Galloway or Prince Harry?
Anyone who thinks it is Harry sums up all the nonsense that has been posted on here.
George is a Christian tea-totaller whilst Harry is a thick drunken nightclubber. Surely you can see that this whole thing was staged.

superted
01-Mar-08, 00:50
I think that set up precludes a serious response.

It seems obvious, I just did!

The 'Royal' family are generally a waste of space.

Galloway is a politician I admire.

My opinion, and not one you are going to dent.

I will re use this post to add this to discourage your posting 'points' feeding frenzy.

I think this is defo something we're going to have to agree to disagree on..

Galloway is a joke and to call him a politician or to have any sort admiration for him after his bb exploits is beyond belief!!

Each to there own though...

I'll ignore your last comment

superted
01-Mar-08, 00:52
Anyone who thinks it is Harry sums up all the nonsense that has been posted on here.
George is a Christian tea-totaller whilst Harry is a thick drunken nightclubber. Surely you can see that this whole thing was staged.

Harry is an Officer in the British Forces!!!

Galloway pretends to lick bowls of milk!!

enough said

golach
01-Mar-08, 00:55
Has G.G served in HM Forces? I dont think so, he, I agree is a very good orator, but so was Marc Antony, and Hitler, and personally I am suspicious of any one TT:lol:

The Pepsi Challenge
01-Mar-08, 00:56
Does anyone else think the whole thing has been staged? I mean, they even had a BBC documentary crew out there with him. Royal Family looking for good PR in light of a bad month.

MadPict
01-Mar-08, 00:57
Galloway is a prat.

Harry is a young man willing to go into danger. Only time Galloway ventured into that region was to go and support Saddam Hussain...

superted
01-Mar-08, 00:58
Galloway is a prat.

Harry is a young man willing to go into danger. Only time Galloway ventured into that region was to go and support Saddam Hussain...

Well said that man!!!

MadPict
01-Mar-08, 00:58
I wonder if Prince Edward had a hand in it, with his theatrical background an' all.
Edit/Delete Message

Galloway may well have - he likes acting the goat pussy....

Loch not Lock
01-Mar-08, 00:59
Here here Pepsi. You show serious wisdom.
More power to your elbow!

Boozeburglar
01-Mar-08, 00:59
I wonder if Prince Edward had a hand in it, with his theatrical background an' all.

golach
01-Mar-08, 01:00
Galloway is a prat....
Hear Hear MP

Loch not Lock
01-Mar-08, 01:03
Probably filmed at Dunnet Sands whilst staying at The Castle of Mey.

Anne x
01-Mar-08, 01:14
Really shocking comments !!! the boy cannot help what he has been born into he wants to serve and that is what he does
to to serve with his men to the best of his ability

He cannot help the fact he is 3rd in line to the throne Im quite sure like any other Dad and Granny in the land HRH or not they are suitably proud as all service men are of who they are

Or what they willl become all our servicemen be they blue blood officers or not they all serve this country to the best of there ability

I am quite sure he has youth on his side we have all worn silly fancy dress in our time mine a outfit from a Nile Cruise which incidentally won me lots of prizes off shore sometimes though not in the best possible taste

Boozeburglar
01-Mar-08, 01:22
Probably filmed at Dunnet Sands whilst staying at The Castle of Mey.

Probably Pinewood.

They wouldn't risk the particles!

:)

Anne x
01-Mar-08, 01:24
Maybe Sandside

The Pepsi Challenge
01-Mar-08, 02:32
Really shocking comments !!! the boy cannot help what he has been born into he wants to serve and that is what he wants
to to serve with his men to the best of his ability

He cannot help the fact he is 3rd in line to the throne Im quite sure like any other Dad and Granny in the land HRH or not they are suitably proud as all service men are of who they are

Or what they willl become all our servicemen be they blue blood officers or not they all serve this country to the best of there ability

I am quite sure he has youth on his side we have all worn silly fancy dress in our time mine a outfit from a Nile Cruise which incidentally won me lots of prizes off shore sometimes though not in the best possible taste

Yes, another over-privilged brat we don't mind paying taxes to in order to piddle up against a wall.

Anne x
01-Mar-08, 02:55
Each to There own we all need freedom and leisure time and Party time he is but a boy let him enjoy his free time

sassylass
01-Mar-08, 06:22
snip

I’m glad I didn’t go as St. Benedict, I dread to think what he would have made of that!

I first read that as Eggs Benedict :eek: Time for bed methinks.

MadPict
01-Mar-08, 07:46
...we don't mind paying taxes to in order to piddle up against a wall.

Hmmm, like all the work-shy benefit scrounging wasters who also get to do the same?...

bekisman
01-Mar-08, 08:36
The Pepsi Challenge: "Does anyone else think the whole thing has been staged? I mean, they even had a BBC documentary crew out there with him. Royal Family looking for good PR in light of a bad month."

loch not lock: "Here here Pepsi. You show serious wisdom."

Don't you read you two?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/theeditors/2008/02/news_blackout.html (http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/theeditors/2008/02/news_blackout.html)

After five months of discussions, using the kidnap agreement as our model, the MoD and the UK media reached an understanding; we wouldn't speculate or report on the prince's deployments to minimise the danger to him and to others. In return, we'd get access to him before, during and after his time in Afghanistan. It was a voluntary agreement - any of the organisations could have decided to leave at any time. We - and the other UK broadcasters and newspapers - were clear that we would not report his deployment.
So, for the past ten weeks, the BBC, ITV and Sky News have been filming with Prince Harry - the first time we've been up close and personal with him. We interviewed him at Clarence House in mid-December, just before he was sent to Afghanistan, we spent some time with him at the start of January when he was settling in at a remote base in Southern Helmand Province, and most recently, we filmed with him last week at a new location in Helmand Province.

percy toboggan
01-Mar-08, 09:14
Some people love a conspiracy theory Bekisman....they simply cannot tolerate the truth when presented with it. They will go up every avenue looking for ways they, in their self-perceived all-seeing 'wisdom' have not been fooled, or duped.

bekisman
01-Mar-08, 09:22
Whilst talking about Afghanistan and stuff, it's good to see our squaddies are made of sterner stuff.. seems whilst other western countries PTSD; post traumatic stress disorder, are up to 15% 'ours' are to 5.5%.
BBC defence correspondent Caroline Wyatt said the study appeared to show that immediate psychotherapy after potentially traumatic events could be counter-productive. (The accepted practice in the UK is to give military personnel at least a month to talk to family, friends and colleagues before suggesting professional help.)
Hmm interesting..
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7272227.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7272227.stm)

Then we have George:
George Galloway had angered his opponents when he urged the Arab world to rise up and kill British troops in Iraq. He also called on the British soldiers to disobey, in his words, “illegal orders.” http://haram.wordpress.com/2007/05/15/galloways-last-punch-at-blair/ (http://haram.wordpress.com/2007/05/15/galloways-last-punch-at-blair/)

Ricco
01-Mar-08, 10:23
Then we have George:
George Galloway had angered his opponents when he urged the Arab world to rise up and kill British troops in Iraq. He also called on the British soldiers to disobey, in his words, “illegal orders.” http://haram.wordpress.com/2007/05/15/galloways-last-punch-at-blair/ (http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://haram.wordpress.com/2007/05/15/galloways-last-punch-at-blair/)

Interesting.... if that had been an Arab they would have been immediately arrested, tried and deported. How come George is immune?

Humerous Vegetable
01-Mar-08, 11:08
Does anyone else think the whole thing has been staged? I mean, they even had a BBC documentary crew out there with him. Royal Family looking for good PR in light of a bad month.

Of course it was staged. He's obviously got bored after 10 weeks and somebody at the MoD has "leaked" the info to a US website. So, now he "has" to come home.

balto
01-Mar-08, 11:41
do we really know that he is home, as he was out there for 10 weeks without anyone except the ones who needed to know knowing he was even there, none of our soldiers should be there it is a war that they aint really winning as they have been there 6 years now, high time gordon brown took all the soldiers home

Loch not Lock
01-Mar-08, 12:08
He is landing in the next hour.
I am not joking but that was the main story on BBC news at 11 o'clock.
Staged propoganda to the extreme. Must set my SkyPlus so I don't miss the climax.

TBH
01-Mar-08, 12:11
Whilst talking about Afghanistan and stuff, it's good to see our squaddies are made of sterner stuff.. seems whilst other western countries PTSD; post traumatic stress disorder, are up to 15% 'ours' are to 5.5%.
BBC defence correspondent Caroline Wyatt said the study appeared to show that immediate psychotherapy after potentially traumatic events could be counter-productive. (The accepted practice in the UK is to give military personnel at least a month to talk to family, friends and colleagues before suggesting professional help.)
Hmm interesting..
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7272227.stm (http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7272227.stm)

Then we have George:
George Galloway had angered his opponents when he urged the Arab world to rise up and kill British troops in Iraq. He also called on the British soldiers to disobey, in his words, “illegal orders.” http://haram.wordpress.com/2007/05/15/galloways-last-punch-at-blair/ (http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://haram.wordpress.com/2007/05/15/galloways-last-punch-at-blair/)
Heres another comment from that blog:

George Galloway has taken media outlets to court for less defamatory statements than that and that truly is a whopper of a lie. Where are these comments he made, when were they made?

From the BBC Online:

Mr Galloway denied that his interview amounted to incitement to Arabs to kill British troops.Amounted to Incitement?

TBH
01-Mar-08, 13:43
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7271408.stm (http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7271408.stm)
I don't want to sit around Windsor, because I generally don't like England that much and it's nice to be away from all the press and the papersPatriotic little git isn't he.

Boozeburglar
01-Mar-08, 17:12
He is landing in the next hour.
I am not joking but that was the main story on BBC news at 11 o'clock.
Staged propoganda to the extreme. Must set my SkyPlus so I don't miss the climax.

They are transferring him to a chopper for the final leg.

He is going to abseil down to the airstrip chomping on a cigar, with a page three girl in one arm and a machine gun in the other, and a trophy string of Taleban headgear and beards adorning his uniform along with his new medals.

TBH
01-Mar-08, 20:03

He is going to abseil down to the airstrip chomping on a cigar, with a page three girl in one arm and a machine gun in the other, and a trophy string of Taleban headgear and beards adorning his uniform along with his new medals.Tommy Taliban doesn't like it up him, tally ho and toodle pip old bean.

Loch not Lock
01-Mar-08, 20:09

He is going to abseil down to the airstrip chomping on a cigar, with a page three girl in one arm and a machine gun in the other, and a trophy string of Taleban headgear and beards adorning his uniform along with his new medals.
Damn I missed that bit - never mind the BBC and ITV are bound to repeat it 100 times.

Loch not Lock
02-Mar-08, 10:07
It is wonderful to see that the media is starting to portray what I suggested in the first place. A pure sham and propoganda stunt.:Razz

MadPict
02-Mar-08, 12:36
And your hero Gorgeous George isn't prone to the odd propaganda stunt?

Loch not Lock
02-Mar-08, 12:42
Never - the most truthful man in the World.:D

MadPict
02-Mar-08, 12:48
I'm sure Galloway will be pleased he has a groupie as faithful and zealous as you...

bekisman
02-Mar-08, 13:45
I'm beginning to think Loch not lock IS George?

http://www.laughingatislam.com/guiltygalloway.html (http://www.laughingatislam.com/guiltygalloway.html)

Loch not Lock
02-Mar-08, 14:01

http://www.laughingatislam.com/guiltygalloway.html (http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://www.laughingatislam.com/guiltygalloway.html)

;) I'm saying nothing.

chris.chalmers
02-Mar-08, 14:10
I think it has been a good thing with this just past with harry and the Ross Kemp in Afghanistan on sky one it has just proved what Soldiers are going through over there and with the fact that three battalions of the Royal Regiment of Scotland will be out there for the next 6 to 7 months all the better showing everybody makes a difference with all the extremists be it in the UK or Abroad.

Highland Laddie
02-Mar-08, 14:14

http://www.laughingatislam.com/guiltygalloway.html (http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://www.laughingatislam.com/guiltygalloway.html)

Nice on lol

[evil]George Mohamed Galloway [evil]

superted
02-Mar-08, 14:29

http://www.laughingatislam.com/guiltygalloway.html (http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://www.laughingatislam.com/guiltygalloway.html)

ha ha very good!!!

Cleared in Hot
03-Mar-08, 02:47
I cant understand why anyone would do anything other than congratulate Prince Harry for serving his country when he could have quite easily got out of it. He made it clear he did not want his men to go into battle without him and stuck to his guns (pun intended) and gained the professional and personal respect of his peers and superiours. As a member of the Royal Family he has set an example of personal standards and integrity that a lot of young people would do well to follow, Im not saying join the Army neccesarily but I think he has shown great integrity, determination and resposibility lately in doing his (dangerous) duty when he didnt have to. So what in the past he has let loose and behaved irresponsibly after a drink or two .. who hasnt ?? .. Bravo Zulu Harry I say.

As for George Galloway, well its fairly obvious he was a big fan of Saddam, a man who butchered millions. Anyone who thinks he is a man to be respected in my opinion needs a massive reality check. And after watching him on Celebrity Big Brother it just cemented my opinion that he is an utter Richard Cranium. Plus he is a politician which means he is one step up from a snake on the evolutionary ladder.

Isnt it interesting though that while the Queens grandson is serving his country abroad and has done 10 weeks in a war zone (in a war Tony Blair started !!) Tony Blairs son cant hack two weeks in Washington working for a Congresswoman (no doubt arranged by daddy), I know who should be taking flak here.

And it aint Harry.

TBH
03-Mar-08, 03:59
I cant understand why anyone would do anything other than congratulate Prince Harry for serving his country when he could have quite easily got out of it. He made it clear he did not want his men to go into battle without him and stuck to his guns (pun intended) and gained the professional and personal respect of his peers and superiours. As a member of the Royal Family he has set an example of personal standards and integrity that a lot of young people would do well to follow, Im not saying join the Army neccesarily but I think he has shown great integrity, determination and resposibility lately in doing his (dangerous) duty when he didnt have to. So what in the past he has let loose and behaved irresponsibly after a drink or two .. who hasnt ?? .. Bravo Zulu Harry I say.

As for George Galloway, well its fairly obvious he was a big fan of Saddam, a man who butchered millions. Anyone who thinks he is a man to be respected in my opinion needs a massive reality check. And after watching him on Celebrity Big Brother it just cemented my opinion that he is an utter Richard Cranium. Plus he is a politician which means he is one step up from a snake on the evolutionary ladder.

Isnt it interesting though that while the Queens grandson is serving his country abroad and has done 10 weeks in a war zone (in a war Tony Blair started !!) Tony Blairs son cant hack two weeks in Washington working for a Congresswoman (no doubt arranged by daddy), I know who should be taking flak here.

And it aint Harry.When Harry met Tali is the story of a wee Imature boy that thinks it's a great thing to be over in Afghanistan, this laddie loved it over there what with his squad of SO14 and SAS body guards to keep him safe from harm. If you believe that Prince Harry was in any real danger then perhaps I could interest you in buying the Eifel tower.

Loch not Lock
03-Mar-08, 07:48
Prince Harry gets an £11 a day payrise from today. That will pay for a few lagers for the brave lad.
I'm sure he needs it.:confused

Tristan
03-Mar-08, 08:00
Prince Harry gets an £11 a day payrise from today. That will pay for a few lagers for the brave lad.

However, it won't pay for a cocktail at his favourite bar.

Loch not Lock
03-Mar-08, 08:18
That is close to what a single pensioner gets to exist on.[evil]

bekisman
03-Mar-08, 09:00
Loch not Loch: "That is close to what a single pensioner gets to exist on"

Hmm.. See 'George Galloway thread #5 "and his [George Galloway's] refusal to accept an average workers wage, with Galloway claiming "I couldn’t live on three workers’ wages"

northener
03-Mar-08, 09:33
L-not-L,

Regarding you criticism of Prince Harry:

"How can anyone learn if they are not prepared to experience something.
Preconceived prejudice is the curse of mankind....."

Your own words off the 'George Galloway' thread.

Try practicing what you preach.

Did I just cross-post?

Ooops.....

golach
03-Mar-08, 09:55
So what.I would not have his job for all the tea in China :mad:

superted
03-Mar-08, 10:15

He doesnt get any more than any other officer....Whats the problem, he's works full time and serves his country!!

Its easy to criticise from the comfort of your living room!!!!![disgust]

Snarfer
03-Mar-08, 14:00
When Harry met Talli :lol:

fingalmacool
03-Mar-08, 15:36
When Harry met Tali is the story of a wee Imature boy that thinks it's a great thing to be over in Afghanistan, this laddie loved it over there what with his squad of SO14 and SAS body guards to keep him safe from harm. If you believe that Prince Harry was in any real danger then perhaps I could interest you in buying the Eifel tower.

Yep TBH you hit the nail on the head, our Harry had more bodygaurds than P,Diddy and Madonna on a day out at Harrods + he will get his medal for 10 weeks and the rest of the poor sods will spend 14 weeks looking over their own shoulders. No disrespect to Harry he probably had no say in the plan for his tour.

superted
03-Mar-08, 15:47
Yep TBH you hit the nail on the head, our Harry had more bodygaurds than P,Diddy and Madonna on a day out at Harrods + he will get his medal for 10 weeks and the rest of the poor sods will spend 14 weeks looking over their own shoulders. No disrespect to Harry he probably had no say in the plan for his tour.

You get a medal for 30 days in theatre!! Trust me everyone out there deserves a medal and the backing off the public here, bodyguards or no bodyguards!!!

northener
03-Mar-08, 15:58
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7271408.stm (http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7271408.stm)Patriotic little git isn't he.

Just like many other young people in Britain. When I was in my 20's I didn't like England, along with many of my peers. my Scots friends didn't like Scotland. Doesn't mean they are 'unpatriotic'

If you think that Harry's view is arrogant or 'unpatriotic', then you'd better have a strong word with all the 18-25 year olds who are leaving Scotland at the moment....

Cleared in Hot
04-Mar-08, 01:51
When Harry met Tali is the story of a wee Imature boy that thinks it's a great thing to be over in Afghanistan, this laddie loved it over there what with his squad of SO14 and SAS body guards to keep him safe from harm. If you believe that Prince Harry was in any real danger then perhaps I could interest you in buying the Eifel tower.

Did you read what I ACTUALLY posted ??, he didnt have to go but he did. I never at any point said he was in real danger but then again Afghanistan is not exactly 100% safe is it ??, I would suggest you read what people post before wading in feet first with your opinions.

The point I was making is that he showed character and integrity in serving when he didnt have to .. which seems to have gone over your head like a shell from a Taliban mortar attack. At least the Taliban have the guts to get out in front of him and make their attacks unlike the civvy REP's who make their snide little attacks on a royal who not only has the courage to serve but to push for it even when denied.

Tell me what have YOU ever done to ensure the security and freedom's you enjoy ??

As for buying the "Eifel" tower, where's that then ?? .. do you mean the Eiffel tower in Paris ??

:roll:

Boozeburglar
04-Mar-08, 02:35
Tell me what have YOU ever done to ensure the security and freedom's you enjoy ??

First you tell me what Harry has done to ensure the security and freedom I enjoy.

Cleared in Hot
04-Mar-08, 02:54
First you tell me what Harry has done to ensure the security and freedom I enjoy.

Ah .. the last refuge of the man without an answer .. the question answered with a question !! .. I notice you chose to ignore all the other comments in my post.

Well he serves in the British Army, has done an Op tour and wants to go back. Just in case you missed it the Terrorist threat comes from that part of the world and getting the Taliban out of Afghanistan would drastically decrease the threat to this country, both from Terrorism and from the Drugs trade. Being able to educate the children of the next generation would be a plus. Any teacher who shows up now will be killed by them .. simple as that. No reconstruction of the infrastructure can begin with the Taliban there, there is no dispute on that.

I would say that taking part in action that lessens the terrorist threat to this country enhances you personal freedoms .. so tell me .. What have YOU done ??

And from reading your posts I have the sneaking suscpion that you are going to garner me with some knowledge about Afghanistan and Iraq .. please dont .. I have recently left the Army and have been there. I take no advice or comments from armchair experts who have no practical knowledge of what they are talking about.

I have answered your question .. please do me the courtesy of answering mine.

bekisman
04-Mar-08, 09:23
Cleared in hot: "I would say that taking part in action that lessens the terrorist threat to this country enhances you personal freedoms .. so tell me .. What have YOU done ??"

See you're quite new here, you will find the likes of those you're addressing won't reply. These 'type' have usually led very sheltered lives, have never undertaken anything involving danger, usually not travelled out of UK , are (usually) left wing leaning, are to most intents sadly lacking moral fibre, and show their colours by mocking those who have a bit of guts. We even had one who maintained that even if a person had been to Iraq or Afghanistan they knew less (I kid you not!)..

Armchair critic; " is someone who offers advice but never shows they could actually do it themselves"

Kipling wrote this 100 years ago - nothing changes..

The Young British Soldier

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
And the women come out to cut up what remains,
Jest roll to your rifle and blow out your brains
An’ go to your Gawd like a soldier.

TBH
04-Mar-08, 10:09
Did you read what I ACTUALLY posted ??, he didnt have to go but he did. I never at any point said he was in real danger but then again Afghanistan is not exactly 100% safe is it ??, I would suggest you read what people post before wading in feet first with your opinions.My point is that there are thousands that have to go, granted that is what they signed up for but they don't go there with the added protection of SO14 and SAS personel bodyguards.

The point I was making is that he showed character and integrity in serving when he didnt have to .. which seems to have gone over your head like a shell from a Taliban mortar attack. At least the Taliban have the guts to get out in front of him and make their attacks unlike the civvy REMF's who make their snide little attacks on a royal who not only has the courage to serve but to push for it even when denied.Courage to serve my backside, like I said he had an elite guard protecting him at all times. By the way My mother died a long, long time ago and I'd be careful about using such abbreviations on a public forum.

Tell me what have YOU ever done to ensure the security and freedom's you enjoy Absolutely nothing??Absolutely nothing.:roll:

As for buying the "Eifel" tower, where's that then ?? .. do you mean the Eiffel tower in Paris ??So it lost an F, I'll sell it to you half price then?[lol]

Loch not Lock
04-Mar-08, 10:22
The release of the "brave" Harry story coincided with the fact that the story of his mother had a two year year affair with a surgeon from Pakistan before she went out with Dodie adds credence to that the whole thing was a propoganda stunt to show the Royals in a better light.

superted
04-Mar-08, 10:38
The release of the "brave" Harry story coincided with the fact that the story of his mother had a two year year affair with a surgeon from Pakistan before she went out with Dodie adds credence to that the whole thing was a propoganda stunt to show the Royals in a better light.

I'm sick of this rubbish!!!
I know from personal experiance that no matter where you are out there, you are in real danger!!
Harry has served his country we should all be proud of him and every other, soilder, airman and seaman who has or is serving there!!!

golach
04-Mar-08, 10:59
Your facts are a little askew. Diana and Charles seperated in 1992 she met Hasat Khan 1995, She and Charles divorced 1996, she died 1997, so how could that be a 2 year "affair", she was a free agent.

TBH
04-Mar-08, 11:09
Just like many other young people in Britain. When I was in my 20's I didn't like England, along with many of my peers. my Scots friends didn't like Scotland. Doesn't mean they are 'unpatriotic'

If you think that Harry's view is arrogant or 'unpatriotic', then you'd better have a strong word with all the 18-25 year olds who are leaving Scotland at the moment....Most 18-25 year olds are not 3rd in line to the throne.

justine
04-Mar-08, 11:22
The importance of who harry is goes nowhere when you think he is just an ordinary guy who has had his fair share of trouble(brought on by himself), i do believe if his title was taken away he would just be another soldier fighting for his country..He has to live with the fact that he is who he is and seems to try and get on with it..I cant see how people can think bad of him for wanting to be where he is .....I remember the man choosing to join the army and go to the front line, not join the royal navy and sit on a ship...not knocking the navy
This tells of a story of a young boy wanting to do with his life what he wants but has to live under a title..
I know what it is like and any one who was in the forces or like me born into them, will know what that feels like..
I was daughter of.....i had no name and i had to conduct myself in a manner that suited the forces not me..The same applies to harry

He should divorce the royal family and change his name to something different rejoin the army under that name and then he can spend his years with his army mates, who i dont think would ever call harry, he showed himself to be a member of a team and he has their respect..He had no choice on his future and i hope he can sort it out that he canhave his own independence, thats what we all thrive for, is it not.....

golach
04-Mar-08, 11:36
Most 18-25 year olds are not 3rd in line to the throne.
That would be a tad difficult, as only one 18 - 25 year old can be 3rd in line to the throne, a bit of sour grapes here TBH? :D

TBH
04-Mar-08, 11:44
That would be a tad difficult, as only one 18 - 25 year old can be 3rd in line to the throne, a bit of sour grapes here TBH? :DYe kent fit a ment golach. BTW, I like my grapes processed into a nice bottle of Chateau Cardonne 1983 Medoc Cru Bourgeois.[lol]

Penelope Pitstop
04-Mar-08, 13:36
Aye, well done Harry, and all the other soldiers out there.

sids
04-Mar-08, 13:55
The paper said he was a "bullet magnet" that the Taliban were very keen to kill. Shouldn't our army have used him as some sort of decoy to draw their fire?

By the way, is it true there's a film coming out: "I was Prince Harry's
double?"

TBH
04-Mar-08, 14:02
The paper said he was a "bullet magnet" that the Taliban were very keen to kill. Shouldn't our army have used him as some sort of decoy to draw their fire?

By the way, is it true there's a film coming out: "I was Prince Harry's
double?"It's more likely to be call "I had a double bacardi with Prince Harry".:lol:

Boozeburglar
04-Mar-08, 14:47
Ah .. the last refuge of the man without an answer .. the question answered with a question !! .. I notice you chose to ignore all the other comments in my post.
I have no interest in anything else you wrote. This is not a court of Law; I am not compelled to address anything! Were you someone I had previously had intercourse with I may have bothered to comment further. You seem to suggest we had had a debate of some kind!
My wish was for clarification as to what exactly Harry has done that you think the rest of us have to live up to before we are permitted to pass comment. I am still bemused.

Well he serves in the British Army, has done an Op tour and wants to go back.
No one else I know, there or otherwise deployed, wishes to go back. Speaks volumes for how Harry’s experience of the frontline differs from Joe Average.

Just in case you missed it the Terrorist threat comes from that part of the world and getting the Taliban out of Afghanistan would drastically decrease the threat to this country, both from Terrorism and from the Drugs trade.
Really? I think the jury is out on that until we see what might replace the Taliban. Were the Taliban not trained in Pakistan? When do we invade Pakistan?

I would say that taking part in action that lessens the terrorist threat to this country enhances you personal freedoms .. so tell me .. What have YOU done ??
I agree wholeheartedly, but I fail to see what action Harry has taken part in, or any soldier in Iraq or Afghanistan for that matter, that truly lessens the terrorist threat or enhances personal freedoms in this country. Possibly quite the reverse. Of course I don’t blame the soldiers, but the government.
The question of what I have done is thus moot. I have never served in the armed forces though, so you can be sure I have not exacerbated the situation.

And from reading your posts I have the sneaking suscpion that you are going to garner me with some knowledge about Afghanistan and Iraq .. please dont .. I have recently left the Army and have been there.
You were in the army, well done. So you have a totally un-blinkered view of the situation.
Good for you, I won’t bother mentioning my connections with Iraq, based as they are so frivolously on having a number of friends and family in the forces , and having Iraqi nationals in my family and members who have lived there on and off for the last thirty years. They know nothing, your average squaddie on the barracks/patrol/barracks/patrol cycle knows so much more...

I take no advice or comments from armchair experts who have no practical knowledge of what they are talking about.
You just joined an internet forum! Get ready to ignore a plethora of such.

I have answered your question .. please do me the courtesy of answering mine.
It was a rhetorical question, and your answer was wrong.
Sounds like you are a Royal groupie. Bet you wish you were out there with Harry, so you could genuflect as he and his SAS cohort passed by.

superted
04-Mar-08, 15:07
No one else I know, there or otherwise deployed, wishes to go back. Speaks volumes for how Harry’s experience of the frontline differs from Joe Average.

I know plenty that want to go back out...Thats what they are trained for!!!

TBH
04-Mar-08, 15:44
See you're quite new here, you will find the likes of those you're addressing won't reply. You know absolutely nothing about the, "likes of those", to pass any comment about their eligibiltity to enter a discussion about Afghanistan or any other theatre of war.
These 'type' have usually led very sheltered lives, have never undertaken anything involving danger, usually not travelled out of UK. So you are a qualified pseudopsychologist now?[lol]

northener
04-Mar-08, 19:05
Most 18-25 year olds are not 3rd in line to the throne.

TBH, your criticism was regarding Harrys 'dislike' of England.

A honest opinion, wouldn't you say?

I was hoping you'd pick up on that as it allows me to say the following:

If we were having this discussion 30 or 40 years ago, you would be criticising people like Harry for being unapproachable, uncommunicative and not being prepared to lead by example.

So now you are criticising the young man for having the courage to say what he thinks, sometimes behaving like other people in his age group and being approachable. Also being committed enough to stick his head physically as well as metaphorically above the parapet.

Regarding Royals on active service, Prince Andrew received a huge amount of media attention during the Falklands War, he had been known to have more Tizer than was good for him and was rather prone to chasing attractive women. Just like every other down there.

I don't recall anyone throwing their hands up in self-righteous horror at the thought of the media portraying his part in the conflict......

What really rankles with people with a dislike of 'them' is the fact that whilst the Royals are kept away from the front line, their critics can crow about their perceived hypocrisy.
But, unfortunately for the detractors, whilst the antis were squawking about Harry not being sent to the front line in Iraq, the MOD et al were making arrangements to send him to Afghanistan![lol][lol]

Pulled the rug right out from under all the muppets feet in one fell swoop!

Result? Teddy throwing and lame, wild and bizarre accusations from those (usual suspects) in the losing corner.

Well done the British Government, if there's one thing we are very good at in Britain, it's stitching up the opposition when they last expect it.

Got to go, I'm going outside to laugh loudly and sing 'God Save The Queen'.....

Boozeburglar
04-Mar-08, 19:14
Got to go, I'm going outside to laugh loudly and sing 'God Save The Queen'.....

Sing away, she will need all the help she can get if Harry is joining the Household Cavalry.

northener
04-Mar-08, 19:21
Sing away, she will need all the help she can get if Harry is joining the Household Cavalry.

Absolutely, it's not easy driving a light armoured vehicle with a nubile young thing on yer knee and a glass of Pimms' in one hand:D

Even harder on a horse....

Cleared in Hot
04-Mar-08, 21:18
I have no interest in anything else you wrote. This is not a court of Law; I am not compelled to address anything! Were you someone I had previously had intercourse with I may have bothered to comment further. You seem to suggest we had had a debate of some kind!
My wish was for clarification as to what exactly Harry has done that you think the rest of us have to live up to before we are permitted to pass comment. I am still bemused.

Really? I think the jury is out on that until we see what might replace the Taliban. Were the Taliban not trained in Pakistan? When do we invade Pakistan?

I agree wholeheartedly, but I fail to see what action Harry has taken part in, or any soldier in Iraq or Afghanistan for that matter, that truly lessens the terrorist threat or enhances personal freedoms in this country. Possibly quite the reverse. Of course I don’t blame the soldiers, but the government.
The question of what I have done is thus moot. I have never served in the armed forces though, so you can be sure I have not exacerbated the situation.

You were in the army, well done. So you have a totally un-blinkered view of the situation.
Good for you, I won’t bother mentioning my connections with Iraq, based as they are so frivolously on having a number of friends and family in the forces , and having Iraqi nationals in my family and members who have lived there on and off for the last thirty years. They know nothing, your average squaddie on the barracks/patrol/barracks/patrol cycle knows so much more...

You just joined an internet forum! Get ready to ignore a plethora of such.

It was a rhetorical question, and your answer was wrong.
Sounds like you are a Royal groupie. Bet you wish you were out there with Harry, so you could genuflect as he and his SAS cohort passed by.

There are many disturbing things about that post .. mainly the bit about "were you someone I had previously had intercourse with" .. disturbing.

Yes I was a squaddie and yes I am proud of Harry but funnily enough I am anti Royal if anything. He served and lived like a regular soldier doing a difficult job and Yes I want to be out there right now, I was a Medic and did a lot of good out there but hey I was just a "squaddie" right ?? .. do you know its the biggest compliment you could have paid me ??

Maybe me and Harry would talk about some of the "Civpop" and their know it all opinions based on hearsay and what was on Sky News last night, (those with their feet in the dust know least apparently), on how they go on the attack and complain when you do the same back, most probaly we would just laugh .. you wouldnt understand its a "squaddie" thing. No wonder he didnt want to come back to this country.

You should walk a mile in our shoes .. mainly because it means you will be at least a mile away from me.

Niall I have had my impression of Caithness .. disable my account please.

Boozeburglar
04-Mar-08, 23:32
Please don't go on my account.

And while I am at it, I have plenty of respect for squaddies. Plenty.

You can't really be suggesting that no one else has a valid opinion though?

I wouldn't want to walk a mile in anyone's shoes, mine fit me fine.

If I had wanted to go down that route I would have whilst I was young enough, it is something I occasionally regretted, until my friends started coming home from the first Gulf war as shadows and ghosts.

northener
05-Mar-08, 20:25
Cleared When Hot,

Boozeburglar is right when he says you shouldn't leave because you disagree with him or anyone else. Although we disagree with each other on a variety of things, it is the wide range of opinions and attitudes on this forum that I find attractive.

It's like the old Forces saying " If you can't take a joke, you shouldn't have joined up";)

Stick in there, you may find some threads interesting and thoughtful.....well, occasionally.....

flash
05-Mar-08, 20:52
When Harry met Talli :lol:

Love that, made me laugh.

It's not Harrys fault he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth, Good on him for having the balls to go out there when in his position he could have taken the easy option and hid behind a desk.

Boozeburglar
05-Mar-08, 21:01
What?

Harry presenting the Evening News?

Now that would be taking media manipulation to a whole new level, but I would pay to watch!

Cleared in Hot
06-Mar-08, 21:32
Cleared When Hot,

Boozeburglar is right when he says you shouldn't leave because you disagree with him or anyone else. Although we disagree with each other on a variety of things, it is the wide range of opinions and attitudes on this forum that I find attractive.

It's like the old Forces saying " If you can't take a joke, you shouldn't have joined up";)

Stick in there, you may find some threads interesting and thoughtful.....well, occasionally.....

Just to clear a few things up.

If I left every time I had a disagreement then my wife and I would have been divorced long ago !!, the points I made seemed to be ignored at the expense of poking fun and ridicule at a man who served when he didnt have to by those who never have and never will. Im not a royalist and I dont particularly like Harry as a person .. I do however respect anyone who gets their boots sandy when they dont have to .. and that boy didnt. If I appeared "prickly" over the matter there is good reason for it but this is neither the time or the place for. Lets just say the things that happened sandy side dont bother me half as much as the attitudes of the British Public at times .. but I digress.

My choice was nothing to do with anything Boozeburglar said .. honest mate. I made a general remark which was taken to be a personal attack by another individual. I disagree but what does that matter, it isnt my train set and the man in charge can take whatever action he sees fit.

I dont have to stick around though and post in a forum where I dont like the rules or moderation.

No harm .. no foul.

All the best to everyone for the future.

Boozeburglar
06-Mar-08, 21:55
You were talking about coming back up to Wick? The Org is a good place to check what is happening up North, and there are plenty who check in on this board without posting very often, if at all.

Like a lot on here I don't actually live in Caithness, probably never will again, so don't hold it against your home county that we are daft!

I meant no offence regarding Harry, I respect your views. Were you discussing your own service, you would not have met with any disrespect I am sure.

To some of us taking the opportunity to mock a Royal outweigh the other aspects of what he was involved in, serious though they may be.