PDA

View Full Version : Kitten Names?

rob16d
28-Feb-08, 10:54
I just got a grey and white kitten from caithness cats protection....male and 3 months old....any ideas for a name? My other kitten is 7 months old, black and white and he's called Smudge.

mccaugm
28-Feb-08, 12:01
I just got a grey and white kitten from caithness cats protection....male and 3 months old....any ideas for a name? My other kitten is 7 months old, black and white and he's called Smudge.

I love cats, so had no problem coming up with a list.....here goes....:lol:

Smokey
Stroma
Skye
Pepper
Salty
Felix
Angel
Dizzy
Tramp
Reuben
Barney
Dozey
Denis
Corky

Hope this helps...

kriklah
28-Feb-08, 12:40
it can sometimes name itself depending on its character. our cats pick up some pretty odd names that way

Tribble (sadly departed) - because he sounded just like the furballs from Startrek,

Bingbing - as she "binged" about the house (it was that or Pingpong!!)

Tarmac - cos he nearly became part of the road at 5 months old

Mistofelees(Toffee) - (Magical Mr Mistofelees from the Cats Musiscal) as she did a disapearing act for 5 days the day after we got her(found her under the kitchen units in the end)

then there is Toffees litter which started out as One, Two, Three and Four(the order they came into the house after being born in a tree)

One went to a neighbour and became Splodge as she had an orange splodge on her head which distingushied her from Three(both longhaird torties).

Two became Tiny Two then just Tiny as she was the smallest and short haired.

Three went to neighbours and became Queenie

Four became Fluffy Four then just Fluffy and stayed with Tiny with us.

now im sure that has been no help whatsoever at helping name your kitten:lol:, but their early antics realy do help set them up for life with a name if you watch them closely

honey
28-Feb-08, 13:06
my mate had a kitten she called Fudge, she then got a new one (black and white) which i picked the name for..

Oreo - goes well with fudge!

nanoo
28-Feb-08, 13:22
Hi rob, for about 3 years we fed a grey and white stray every day and we called him Bagpuss. Incidentally he was about 17 years old and would not come into your house as he had lived rough all his life, according to neighbours. Other cat names i know are, Mr McGoo, Misty, Dusty, Bootsie, Cher, Gizmo, Sabbi, Tigger, Minstral and Corrie. These are just a few i can remember. Hope this helps. ;)

rob16d
28-Feb-08, 14:48
Hehe! Thanks nanoo..cool story! Barney sounds nice!

mccaugm
28-Feb-08, 15:10
Hehe! Thanks nanoo..cool story! Barney sounds nice!

Thank you!:lol:

unicorn
28-Feb-08, 15:34
I have a smudge too :D her sister was scampi, I had a bomber, a chyna and now a Tia :D

danc1ngwitch
28-Feb-08, 15:49
Mystic,
snowdrop,
pythia,
romper ( lol )
well give it time
fella

rob16d
28-Feb-08, 16:04
I thought scamp would be a nice name, thanks everyone for helping...keep the names coming!

justine
28-Feb-08, 16:16

Thats strange. I have a black and white rabbit and he is called Smudge...

As for the names, well i normaly pick one by watching their charachters for a wee while..... then choose....

My cats are called fifi and bumble as that is one of my little girls favourite programmes....

i have bingo and tank (my dogs)

ziggy, star, smudge, parsley ,mopatop (rabbits)
and

cuba, lima, quito(chinchillas)

nanoo
28-Feb-08, 16:46
I have a smudge too :D her sister was scampi, I had a bomber, a chyna and now a Tia :DTheres that name again, why is it i go all aquiver when i hear it? Ah! it must be because she is so beautiful. te he. Sorry unicorn, as usual ' i'm just a sucker, for a pretty face'

Julia
28-Feb-08, 16:54
Our families cats over the last 40 years

Tiggles
Tiger
Floyd
Pud-pud
Princess
Flossie
Freddie
Chester
Truffles
Chanel (she was No.5 at the time)
Tuesday
Whisper
Chloe
Holly
Millie

Foxy
28-Feb-08, 21:43
The names for cats we've had over the years,
Foxy
Gizmo
Lucky
Bambam
Tinker (also known as Mr Purrfect)
Sparky
Scooby
Lucy
Little Lou
Greyzy
Squirty
Sparky
Winky
Bubbles
Squeak
Patch

south view 7
28-Feb-08, 21:44
We have Snowy because she is white and it was snowing the night we got her and Trinkie because that is where i found her as a kitten(dumpted i susspect )..........

blondscot
28-Feb-08, 22:18
Here are the names of the cats ive had over the years
Spook
Tosca
Mr Tibbs
Shadow
Cloud
Storm
Mia
Porshie
Yoda
Mystic
Sky
Kari
Malk
Suki
Looney
Bear
Pummel
Rolly
Scruffy
Spitz
Kitkat
Gypsy
mama cat
Midnight
Coley

Hope it helps but i do think that the name just comes to suit the cat once you had him for a couple days!

carasmam
29-Feb-08, 00:34
We had a cat called Purdy because she purred a lot and then there was Tarzan because he used to climb up a curtain and swing over to the other one.
You will just find a name that suits the personality one day and that will be it. :)

rob16d
29-Feb-08, 16:12
Hmmm...still thinking scamp or barney....any more suggestions?

carasmam
29-Feb-08, 16:39
Can you post a piccie, might get some inspiration if we saw him :)

catnip
29-Feb-08, 20:04
Grey and white cat hmm what about Tom from Tom and Jerry he was grey and white.
My cat is called Schnapps but also has her nick names like fluffy tooty, boo boo and her posh name Schnapantha.

Mitz would sound cool with your other cats name.

I do like the name Nippies though !

rob16d
29-Feb-08, 20:08
Would post a pic but I'm in the process of moving house and everything is hectic at the mo! Will do a pic asap though! Mitz is a cool name!

catnip
29-Feb-08, 20:09
Hi rob, for about 3 years we fed a grey and white stray every day and we called him Bagpuss. Incidentally he was about 17 years old and would not come into your house as he had lived rough all his life, according to neighbours. Other cat names i know are, Mr McGoo, Misty, Dusty, Bootsie, Cher, Gizmo, Sabbi, Tigger, Minstral and Corrie. These are just a few i can remember. Hope this helps. ;)

Do you live near huddart street at all, I wonder if it was the same cat that I fed as well. He looked like a grey bagpuss and his ears were all squashed. I called him Poorpuss. I think he is long gone now, not seen him for about 2 years but he was getting very old looking I am glad I took photos of him now. I still look out for him every day though.

rob16d
29-Feb-08, 20:30
lol a community shared cat :P

Mik.M.
29-Feb-08, 23:08
Our cat was called Smudge when we got him but when he was called he would ignore you. One day out of frustration my wife called "Dave" and he came running so it stuck. Her friend said all cat`s have a secret name she just happened to find ours.

rob16d
01-Mar-08, 10:56
Our cat was called Smudge when we got him but when he was called he would ignore you. One day out of frustration my wife called "Dave" and he came running so it stuck. Her friend said all cat`s have a secret name she just happened to find ours.

[lol] well I hope to find my new kitty's secret name! Do I just shout random names out until he responds? :lol:

highlandlassie
01-Mar-08, 11:52
How about Mackenzie or Joules? They are my fav names at the moment. My own cats are called Fluffy and Dusty.

rob16d
01-Mar-08, 11:57
Mackenzie is cute, Mack for short !

Mik.M.
01-Mar-08, 17:18
[lol] well I hope to find my new kitty's secret name! Do I just shout random names out until he responds? :lol:
Rob,it seemed to work for us so perhaps you should give it a try. Wishing you every success.

ExoticQueen
01-Mar-08, 17:43
I just got a grey and white kitten from caithness cats protection....male and 3 months old....any ideas for a name? My other kitten is 7 months old, black and white and he's called Smudge.i always look at the way they act before i name them ,have u got no idea what about wolfie orwhitefox:confused hope u get some names

rob16d
01-Mar-08, 17:46
Wolfie sounds cute! If anyone wants a pic look at the other thread in this forum about "smudge and unnamed". x

ExoticQueen
01-Mar-08, 17:47
[lol] well I hope to find my new kitty's secret name! Do I just shout random names out until he responds? :lol:i always try calling my animals exotic names just to be different

ExoticQueen
01-Mar-08, 18:05
I just got a grey and white kitten from caithness cats protection....male and 3 months old....any ideas for a name? My other kitten is 7 months old, black and white and he's called Smudge.merlin looked at ur photo and he needs a magical name what do u think would like 2 know:Razz

ExoticQueen
01-Mar-08, 18:09
Wolfie sounds cute! If anyone wants a pic look at the other thread in this forum about "smudge and unnamed". x
tigger cant think what u would like storm as well gizmo:Razztrying ti give u some ideas

ExoticQueen
01-Mar-08, 18:14
tigger cant think what u would like storm as well gizmo:Razztrying ti give u some ideasdoobie out off harry potter lol:Razz

unicorn
01-Mar-08, 18:15
Tonks from harry potter :D

Sapphire2803
01-Mar-08, 18:20
Well.... pet names in our house....

The rabbit is no help, he's called Smudge

2 dogs - Zander (the ninja numpty) and Sam (the dounreay wonder dog)
2 black and white cats - Solitaire and Domino
1 grey and white cat - Pyewacket

If you get inspiration from that you may just be as mad as us ;)

Liz
01-Mar-08, 18:22
doobie out off harry potter lol:Razz

I like Dooby for a name.:D

Also thought of Eddy, Sam, Alfy and Teddy.

Think you'll need to put all the names in a hat Rob!

ExoticQueen
01-Mar-08, 21:39
have u got a name yet for ur kitten,would love to know what u call him:Razz

rob16d
02-Mar-08, 10:58
No names yet :( I think teddy and alfy are cute...emma your names are CRAZ-ZY!