PDA

View Full Version : I Need Ideas

chocolatechip
27-Feb-08, 22:04
I need ideas please for my parents annivesary, it's their 21st and I am kind of stuck I tried looking on the internet for sending them away is a bit to expensive for my liking. So please HELP!!!!!:D

STUDMUFFIN
27-Feb-08, 22:08
how active are your parents?

ciderally
27-Feb-08, 22:30
what about nice weekend break in the uk...some good deals about for them in the uk

Riffman
27-Feb-08, 22:34
Is there somewhere they specially like?

Commission a landscape photographer to do a large print.

It amazing what some of them can do even with a boring looking scene [lol]

Whitewater
27-Feb-08, 22:45
I'm sure that if you treated them to a nice meal in a quality resturant they would enjoy that. I would recommend Forss House Hotel, and if you treated them to dinner bed and breakfast in it, it would be appreciated. I say this because recently my wife and I were treated to a very pleasant night there. I don't know if you live in Caithness or not, but the same idea would be appreciated wherever.

Angel
27-Feb-08, 23:06
What about a flight in a glider... that's what the other half got me... yet to take it though..

Hugs

Angel

chocolatechip
27-Feb-08, 23:42
I do live in Caithness, thank you for all your ideas*GRINS* really glad of it i would do something really speacial but everything is so expensive, but i have started making decorations to hang up in our front room:)

unicorn
27-Feb-08, 23:49
Thomsons are doing some dirt cheap breaks to Spain just now.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
27-Feb-08, 23:52
What about the No.1 song when they got married,or the song they danced their first dance to at their wedding.

mccaugm
27-Feb-08, 23:52
:RazzNot sure what the budget you have is, but my parents are in their fifties and they took a balloon ride and absolutely loved it.

I could use some ideas soon too, as my parents celebrate their 40th anniversary next January.

Whitewater
28-Feb-08, 00:11
I do live in Caithness, thank you for all your ideas*GRINS* really glad of it i would do something really speacial but everything is so expensive, but i have started making decorations to hang up in our front room:)

If it comes from the heart, and you have made them yourself I'm sure they will appreciate the effort as well as the decorations in the front room.

dirdyweeker
28-Feb-08, 00:19
How about a collage of photos from their wedding day to present. I have seen this and it is a lovely personal idea. You could put the photos in a scrap book and personalise the cover too, maybe with a copy of their wedding photo. Everyone loves to look back at old photos and I am sure you must have some.
Write your own comments too.

chocolatechip
28-Feb-08, 00:40
There is a nice place that we might send them, I like the idea of te scarp book. It's their 21 anniversary

teddybear1873
28-Feb-08, 01:32
Bungee jumping

honey
28-Feb-08, 09:08
How about a collage of photos from their wedding day to present. I have seen this and it is a lovely personal idea. You could put the photos in a scrap book and personalise the cover too, maybe with a copy of their wedding photo. Everyone loves to look back at old photos and I am sure you must have some.
Write your own comments too.

thats what i would do! you could also try to contact people in the wedding party to write something special in the book about their memories of the day..

orkneylass
28-Feb-08, 12:08
My friend did this for her parent's golden wedding - put together an exhibition based on the changing fashions in clothing called "50 years of style!". Something that is more about the thought than the money should be much appreciated. The other thing you can do is contact one of those companies that sell newspapers dated the day they got married.

rob16d
28-Feb-08, 15:02
If they have a wedding video you could get it transferred onto a dvd? or you could....get an artist to paint one of their wedding photos?