PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard spillages......

justine
27-Feb-08, 10:10
What is the worst thing you have spilt or could spill on your keyboard?????
I am very careful but still have a few sticky moments...But for me the worse thing i think you could spill on your keyboard would be PVA glue........oh what a mess that would be...

others being coffee, orange juice, puke, cream......:eek:

Bobinovich
27-Feb-08, 10:27
OK I'll put my hand up and admit coffee - on a customers keyboard no less!! Thankfully I had new ones in stock so was able to replace it, but what an eejit I felt!

purplerain
27-Feb-08, 13:05
Crumbs are worst cos they get stuck between keys and you canna get them oot, annoying!! Maybe I should stop eating when I'm on e computer! :lol:

honey
27-Feb-08, 13:10
our work used to be very strict about irn bru!!

Angela
27-Feb-08, 13:21
The other day something another Orger posted make me laugh so much that a whole mouthful of coffee (with milk & sugar) sprayed all over the keyboard and the screen....I was just helpless to stop it...:roll:

Well, I've got a 'niceday' spray and wipes that seem to have cleared up that problem luckily. Not sure what to do about all the wee crumbs nestling in among the keys though -would a mini hoover help? :confused

unicorn
27-Feb-08, 13:23
would that have been the farting thread angela :lol:

mccaugm
27-Feb-08, 13:30
The other day something another Orger posted make me laugh so much that a whole mouthful of coffee (with milk & sugar) sprayed all over the keyboard and the screen....I was just helpless to stop it...:roll:

Well, I've got a 'niceday' spray and wipes that seem to have cleared up that problem luckily. Not sure what to do about all the wee crumbs nestling in among the keys though -would a mini hoover help? :confused

You can buy air blower cans, which make your hands really cold but are great fun to use. You can get them from stationery suppliers.

justine
27-Feb-08, 13:32
maybe we could come up with a viser over our hands so we can still use the keyboard but not get anything in the keys..As we speak there is something stuck down the letter B ,Looks like chicken Korma sauce not too sure....will ahve to scrape and c.......

the charlatans
27-Feb-08, 14:24
I've spat coffee or tea over my keyboard before laughing at you lot.

However recently i spilt half a cup of tea onto the laptop. I wasn't very popular in my house. :eek: Hubby decided that the keyboard did click off and set about it with a knife - it doesn't and the space bar has never been the same since. sometimesisoundlikei'mtalkingrussian.

took the battery out and left to dry for 3 days and thankfully it started working again.

anyway, no tea, coffee, liquids, small children or dogs are allowed near it anymore - or me sometimes.

justine
27-Feb-08, 15:07
I've spat coffee or tea over my keyboard before laughing at you lot.

However recently i spilt half a cup of tea onto the laptop. I wasn't very popular in my house. :eek: Hubby decided that the keyboard did click off and set about it with a knife - it doesn't and the space bar has never been the same since. sometimesisoundlikei'mtalkingrussian.

took the battery out and left to dry for 3 days and thankfully it started working again.

anyway, no tea, coffee, liquids, small children or dogs are allowed near it anymore - or me sometimes.

See why we should have a note at the top of the org page, warnng people not to drink whilst posting..It can become a messy affair.....

Ash
27-Feb-08, 15:15
i havent spilt anything.........yet but now im being xtra careful :D

unicorn
27-Feb-08, 15:18
i havent spilt anything.........yet but now im being xtra careful
Now, you do know you shouldn't have tempted fate :eek: Right :lol:

NLP
27-Feb-08, 15:39
The little one put suncream lotion all over my keyboard took forever to get it all out. Now nothing like that is kept beside the computer.

Torvaig
27-Feb-08, 15:56
Crumbs are worst cos they get stuck between keys and you canna get them oot, annoying!! Maybe I should stop eating when I'm on e computer! :lol:

Pastry brush purplerain.....;).

justine
27-Feb-08, 15:57
Pastry brush purplerain.....;).

or you could use the extension on your hoover.Works for us....or we could all get one of these...
http://www.gadgets.co.uk/mas_assets/full/USBRK.gif

Julia
27-Feb-08, 16:26
The worst thing I can imagine would be a family of slugs leaving their sticky trail everywhere!

justine
27-Feb-08, 16:28
The worst thing I can imagine would be a family of slugs leaving their sticky trail everywhere!

but atleats they may leave you a nice message.......;)

cuddlepop
27-Feb-08, 17:54
My youngest managed to spill a glass of milk near the keyboard and boy did that stink.:(

henry20
27-Feb-08, 17:57
someone at my work spilt a cup of coffee all over the keyboard, but never mentioned to anyone - just mopped round it.

When it stopped working 'all of a sudden' I asked if anything had been spilt on it ........... no, of course not. When I lifted the keyboard up the other half cup of coffee poured out :roll: (if your gonna lie, get rid of the evidence!!)

EDDIE
27-Feb-08, 18:38
i tend to spill coffee in the keyboard im really bad for spilling into the keyboard but the keyboard is not broken u can strip the keyboard down and wash it and put it back together again it will work again ive done it loads of times

gillsib
27-Feb-08, 20:53
Has to be porridge!! catching up on messages at breakfast time and always some lands on the keys. At least with crumbs you can turn your keyboard upside down and give it a good shake (When switched off!!) - not so easy when your trying to take porridge out of the gaps with your spoon

young_fishin_neep
28-Feb-08, 04:34
because i have a laptop im petrified of spilling stuff on it and well after only a couple of days of having it i spilt coffee all over it, had to take off the keys and give it a good clean i was shocked at what else was under them, i also spilt rasberry vodka all over it once, that was the worst as it was realy sticky :( had to strip the keys of and gove it a clean again thankfully nothing else has been spilled on it im to scared of it blowing up on me if i do spill some thing on it again

kazzii xxx

xx_chickie
28-Feb-08, 12:46
or you could use the extension on your hoover.Works for us....or we could all get one of these...
http://www.gadgets.co.uk/mas_assets/full/USBRK.gif
Oh, pass one my way! That is mad, I wonder if they work..?

Superglue is never good... :confused

young_fishin_neep
28-Feb-08, 13:00
nahhhh one of these is gota be beta

http://www.mavromatic.com/images/ibiz-laserkeyboard.jpg

i remeberd seeing theese on the tv ages ago and thought that it was a great idea shame about the the prices of them though!

kazzii xxxx

George Brims
28-Feb-08, 21:04
Last year I set my cup of Starbucks coffee down on the conference table at work, then started to cable up my laptop with power, network and mouse. When reaching round the back I knocked over the coffee. The lid popped off and the whole thing went right over the remote for our video conferencing setup. I watched as if in slow motion the remote appeared out of the flood like a whale breaching the surface. So with ten minutes until our meeting starts and we are supposed to hook up to two other sites, I have killed (I think) the remote. BTW I take 3 packets of sugar in a large coffee, which probably didn't help. Well we dried it with paper towels, shook it over the sink, dried it some more, wiped it with a damp paper towel. And it worked! One key was a wee bit sticky and that was all. After the meeting was over we dismantled it and gave it a good clean inside with damp Q-tips and stuff, and it's been just fine. So all is not lost if you spill stuff.

Justine, I have seen those bendy keyboards in computer places - do you have any idea if they're any good?

justine
28-Feb-08, 21:09
nahhhh one of these is gota be beta

http://www.mavromatic.com/images/ibiz-laserkeyboard.jpg

i remeberd seeing theese on the tv ages ago and thought that it was a great idea shame about the the prices of them though!

kazzii xxxx

Have to admit that better than the flexi one...:lol:.That would be cool...could put my plate on the table, switch on and type away...Just have to remember to eat what on the plate first or it could get messy....

justine
28-Feb-08, 21:12
Last year I set my cup of Starbucks coffee down on the conference table at work, then started to cable up my laptop with power, network and mouse. When reaching round the back I knocked over the coffee. The lid popped off and the whole thing went right over the remote for our video conferencing setup. I watched as if in slow motion the remote appeared out of the flood like a whale breaching the surface. So with ten minutes until our meeting starts and we are supposed to hook up to two other sites, I have killed (I think) the remote. BTW I take 3 packets of sugar in a large coffee, which probably didn't help. Well we dried it with paper towels, shook it over the sink, dried it some more, wiped it with a damp paper towel. And it worked! One key was a wee bit sticky and that was all. After the meeting was over we dismantled it and gave it a good clean inside with damp Q-tips and stuff, and it's been just fine. So all is not lost if you spill stuff.

Justine, I have seen those bendy keyboards in computer places - do you have any idea if they're any good?

Yes and you can get one at any good online retailer for £14.99......

Saves alot of hassle......

zagor
28-Feb-08, 22:10
The worst thing I have ever spilled was a full glass of fresh orange with bits in. It made that much of a mess I needed to get a new keyboard. :(

Torvaig
28-Feb-08, 22:14
Oh, pass one my way! That is mad, I wonder if they work..?

Superglue is never good... :confused

Just for you chickie......and George....
http://www.gadgets.co.uk/item/USBRK/USB-Flexible-Portable-Rubber-Keyboard.html (http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://www.gadgets.co.uk/item/USBRK/USB-Flexible-Portable-Rubber-Keyboard.html)

floyed
29-Feb-08, 22:34
Well at the present moment i am spilling lots of rose wine on my keyboard:lol: