PDA

View Full Version : dentists

sphinx
26-Feb-08, 23:45
been hearing a lot of talk about the dentists of scotland and how people have not been going to them i dont blame them for not going with there prices i wonder were the get there prices from do they make them up or go by a set price. as for myself i dont think u should pay for the dentist when u pay national insurance. ps if u go abroad u can get the work done for half the price and a better job done.......:D well folks watz ur veiws

router
26-Feb-08, 23:57
i agree you should be able to get dental treatment on the nhs ,i've heard of a few practices that want payment just to be kept on their patient list,and it's not cheap running at £20 odd quid a month and it must be payed by direct debit!:eek:

Whitewater
26-Feb-08, 23:59
In my young days if you needed a tooth removed you just went to the friday night dance in Thurso town hall, some kind thoughtful person would do it for you for free if you looked at him the wrong way.

sphinx
26-Feb-08, 23:59
to rite the last time i woz there it woz 30 quid just for a check up i woz in 10 mins at the most..... its a joke the prices.......:lol:

Kevin Milkins
27-Feb-08, 00:27
I have not seen a dentist for over 2 years and tried to register for the new place in Wick and they told me it could be 2 years to get on there list.
I had the option of getting on the list for one in Brora as its list is shorter.
Hope I dont get tooth ache any time soon :lol: