PDA

View Full Version : Caithness Reality Show

hereboy
31-Oct-05, 23:50
Folks,

I was just thinking that TV, especially cable/satellite is inundated these days with reality shows but most iof them are mince. Working from the principle that Reality is moe bizarre than Fiction, from the memory of my youth we were never short of a good story about the local characters and their escapades.

So with that in mind, If Caithness was going to have its own reality show, what would it be called, what would it be about and who would the local stars be? What activities and such would you have the local wags taking part in to stay in the show?

Surely Caithness could do better than half the trock thats on the box?

paris
01-Nov-05, 00:25
I met some wonderful people in caithness when we lived there, and quite a few who could be ideal candidates for the show, but my money would go on the coalman from lybster, mr gunn. I bet he could tell a good few tales, things hes seen and done while out on deliveries. Smashing bloke as i recall !!!

crayola
01-Nov-05, 02:07
'ats easy fowlkies. Hid shud be called "Here Bie", and hid's main characters shud be Eponymous, Gleeber, Golach and yon wifie 'at used til run 'e Shieling in Thirsa in 'e 70s.

'e casting is as follows:

Pierce Brosnan as Eponymous
Noam Chomsky as Gleeber
Wallace (of Gromit fame) as Golach
Barbara Windsor as the head barmaid wifie

'ere's space for 'e Weekers tae, but ah dinna ken any o' 'em.

The Pepsi Challenge
01-Nov-05, 18:58
Caithness already is a reality TV show. Have you never seen Twin Peaks? In fact, the whole place is just one big piece of performance art. One day, when I'm back in the county, I expect someone to (hopefully) tap me on the shoulder, and let me in on the joke.

gleeber
02-Nov-05, 00:18
'ats easy fowlkies. Hid shud be called "Here Bie", and hid's main characters shud be Eponymous, Gleeber, Golach and yon wifie 'at used til run 'e Shieling in Thirsa in 'e 70s.

'e casting is as follows:

Pierce Brosnan as Eponymous
Noam Chomsky as Gleeber
Wallace (of Gromit fame) as Golach
Barbara Windsor as the head barmaid wifie

'ere's space for 'e Weekers tae, but ah dinna ken any o' 'em.

Im flattered to be mentioned in the same company as Golach the impailer and Sybil from the shieling.

hereboy
02-Nov-05, 07:05
What would the local pub in the show be then?

The Sheiling? How about the Holburn in its glory days?

gleeber
02-Nov-05, 08:31
The Holborn, like the rest of us in our glory days, has changed beyond recognition. Leather sofas, varnished floors, and coffee machines are the backdrop to the same old slevering though.
If a serious attempt was made to have a Caithness reality show my favourite setting would be the pipe band in front of the clock on a Saturday night. The skurl of the pipes brings them all out. I never miss a show.