PDA

View Full Version : Unusual supects At Assembly Rooms, Wick 4 November 2005

Bill Fernie
31-Oct-05, 22:07
The Unusual Suspects
At Wick Assembly Rooms / Friday 4 November 8.00pm

Eden Court is delighted to bring one of Scotland’s most incredible live acts, The Unusual Suspects, to Wick for a concert at the Assembly Rooms.

The Unusual Suspects are a 22 piece “Folk Big Band” famed for their exciting performances:
It's big, bold, brassy, and adventurous...
Is this the best live folk orchestra Scotland ever saw?
The Living Tradition

What a total, massive, glorious blast. The Scotsman

A beautiful noise. A jigging, reeling juggernaut. The Herald

This extraordinary band is a real treat for fans of traditional music, featuring 22 players from virtually every major Scottish group including Blazin’ Fiddles, Salsa Celtica and The Poozies. Their remarkable line boasts David Milligan, Colin Steele, Fraser Fifield, Aidan O'Rourke, Catriona McDonald Eilidh Shaw and many more.

Combining centuries old works alongside contemporary pieces with superb original music, their concerts are a joyous celebration of Scottish music. Their appearance at Wick will be their only mainland Highland performance during their latest tour.

We hope you can join us for this very special concert. For further information on The Unusual Suspects please contact Eden Court Box Office on 01463 234234 or visit the websites www.eden-court.co.uk and www.unusualsuspects.uk.com

The Pepsi Challenge
01-Nov-05, 18:52
Aye, a quality act of the highest order. For those who'd cry for something new I urge you to go along. You'll leave the assembly rooms elated, grinning ear-to-ear.

gleeber
05-Nov-05, 01:07
Aye it was good . Fantastic and unique sound. Lots of jazz, bigband, traditional. Great musicians.

Ann
05-Nov-05, 20:25
Great music, wonderful singers and songs; altogether a stunning show. Eden Court are to be congratulated for bringing us such quality.

The Pepsi Challenge
06-Nov-05, 12:03
No, thank the Scottish Arts Council. I hate to say it - or give them any credit - but if it weren't for them...

Bill Fernie
06-Nov-05, 14:13
Can anyone who attended the night say roughly how manypeople were in audience. I was contacted very late in the day to advertise the event and wondered how it went.

gleeber
06-Nov-05, 16:42
I thought about 300 Bill.

evelyn
06-Nov-05, 22:14
The show was really well attended. I don't know what seating capacity the hall has, but it was pretty well filled.
Fantastic performance with a real mixed age group enjoying the big sound.
evelyn