PDA

View Full Version : Org Polls

karia
25-Feb-08, 18:31
How come any poll on the Org lets you see the breakdown of voters and what they have voted before you vote but not after.

If you were going to be influenced by what other people were doing it could only be before so isn't this totally the wrong way around?:confused

trix
25-Feb-08, 19:00
hey Ak, i see fit ye mean, i never noticed 'at a'fore!

mmh, i da ken if its rite that ither orgers can see what ye voted for :confused

i always thot it wis anonymous....

il be watchin what im postin on polls now.....no that iv got anyhin til hide or 'at :eek:

cheers for pointin 'at oot (x)

karia
25-Feb-08, 19:27
Hi trix,

Anonymous or not it's just a bit weird that you can be influenced before you vote.....but having done so you cannot even be sure that your vote appeared in the correct place and also have less info than you started with.:confused

I am sure someone will explain it and then I can close this thread and not take up valuable space.

Moira
25-Feb-08, 19:36
Karia - I've not voted on the poll, so can't say for sure. I thought it was possible to see the full named results, after you had voted, by clicking on the number of votes. Can you try this please to see if it works?

helenwyler
25-Feb-08, 19:52
I can see the results of the sub-sections poll after I voted. And it tells me I've voted. Current results: 27 No, 14 Yes.

Torvaig
25-Feb-08, 19:56
I think maybe the person who sets up the poll has a choice of whether we can see names or not as I have seen them be anonymous.

Rheghead
25-Feb-08, 20:14
The polls don't show a breakdown of who voted unless it is a public poll, whether you have voted on it or not.

I looked on my sockpuppet account and I can't see who voted for what on the DNA poll.:confused

karia
25-Feb-08, 20:23
Karia - I've not voted on the poll, so can't say for sure. I thought it was possible to see the full named results, after you had voted, by clicking on the number of votes. Can you try this please to see if it works?

Thanks Moira..but who would just think to roll over the no's and click:eek:...at least it's clear now... much appreciated!

Helen..you have missed the point entirely it was the 'who's' not the 'how many's'.

As promised am now closing this thread.

Thanks all!:)