PDA

View Full Version : who takes CBT bike lessons

suzy
25-Feb-08, 12:39
Can someone tell me who I can contact regarding motorbike lessons in Caithness.

johno
25-Feb-08, 13:07
try David Bremner from Thrumster, Dont know his tel no but he lives in the very first house in Thrumster. hope this help,s?? ,good luck johno. :D

Boozeburglar
25-Feb-08, 13:36
That time of year, huh?

I notice you asked this a couple of years ago!

Better late than never!

http://www.dsa.gov.uk/ATBDetails.asp?id=SXB174-A7801133&Cat=295

I would leave it until the weather improves a tad!

:)

©Amethyst
25-Feb-08, 15:21
Well, I got no idea about folk in Caithness - although I could make a few calls to find out who would be best if you're complete beginner or have some experience.

Regarding advice previously given - definately wait until the weather gets better. I booked mine for a couple days ago - went, and got injured because I got blown off the 125... *sigh*

If you wanted to travel south for it, I'd recommend the place next to the Aquadome in Inverness instead of where I went for mine in the Longman. I've actually heard lots of good things from a few people about them.

Kevin Milkins
25-Feb-08, 16:04

I dont Know the name of the firm ,but I have seen them doing bike lessons at the weekend at the North school in Wick at the weekends.If no helo comes your way from a more relible informed Orger I will find out for you.
Good luck

northener
25-Feb-08, 16:59
I dont Know the name of the firm ,but I have seen them doing bike lessons at the weekend at the North school in Wick at the weekends.If no helo comes your way from a more relible informed Orger I will find out for you.
Good luck

That's our Mr Bremner. Very good at what he does. Recommend.

Boozeburglar
25-Feb-08, 17:08
My advice, do it locally. You can always pop back for a half day in that case.

Amethyst, did you get as far as the ride out? Normally, and Northerner may back this up, you will get a chance to go back if the weather caused your problems, and it was terrible here on Saturday!

I know the guy down the Longman, as you put it. He would have you back I am sure.

C'mon, I need to know! I want to sell ye a bike when you pass your full test; I have a couple ideal for those closer to the earth, as you said you were ickle.

©Amethyst
25-Feb-08, 17:15
My advice, do it locally. You can always pop back for a half day in that case.

Amethyst, did you get as far as the ride out? Normally, and Northerner may back this up, you will get a chance to go back if the weather caused your problems, and it was terrible here on Saturday!

I know the guy down the Longman, as you put it. He would have you back I am sure.

C'mon, I need to know! I want to sell ye a bike when you pass your full test; I have a couple ideal for those closer to the earth, as you said you were ickle.

Yes, will be going back - Donald said I didn't need to pay him the £ for the time that I was there, but did anyway. Just to show that I'd be back lol.

Didn't get to the ride out, got blown over at the figure of 8.

Getting a little Kawasaki 125... maybe, from Fraserburgh. Needs work but that's all part of the fun! What bike you got in mind? Please say a Ducati for next to nothing! lol

suzy
25-Feb-08, 17:30
That time of year, huh?

I notice you asked this a couple of years ago!

Better late than never!

http://www.dsa.gov.uk/ATBDetails.asp?id=SXB174-A7801133&Cat=295

I would leave it until the weather improves a tad!

I passed my CBT nearly 2 years ago, but it only lasts 2 years, so I have to sit it again or go on and so the 500cc.

Boozeburglar
25-Feb-08, 17:35
Cool.

Good luck this time around again!

©Amethyst
25-Feb-08, 17:40
Go get your full test :) I would be going for the intensive course if I had the money. So many nice bikes I'd love to take for a spin... lol.

Good luck anyways. Don't get blown off!

iain
25-Feb-08, 18:13
01955651317 Davie Bremners number

©Amethyst
26-Feb-08, 21:59
01955651317 Davie Bremners number

Was just about to post that number lol, just been on the phone to Donald at Two Wheelers in Inverness.