PDA

View Full Version : The Oscars 2008

Boozeburglar
24-Feb-08, 23:42
Right.

Who is going to stay up and suffer the Oscars?

I love it, I always have and always will.

My childhood memories of the greats, Stallone, Pryor, Wilder ...and all the greats.

What can beat the Oscars? They got class, they got style.

I love the bling!

C'mon, at the least you can score a few points!

:)

Highland Laddie
24-Feb-08, 23:44
Right.

Who is going to stay up and suffer the Oscars?

I love it, I always have and always will.

My childhood memories of the greats, Stallone, Pryor, Wilder ...and all the greats.

What can beat the Oscars? They got class, they got style.

I love the bling!

C'mon, at the least you can score a few points!

When is it on ???

Boozeburglar
24-Feb-08, 23:54
The main show is on Sky Premiere at 1am onwards...

JAWS
24-Feb-08, 23:58
I was praying for the Script Writers to stay on strike. I was dying to find out if thy would suffer withdrawal if they could not run round telling one another how wonderful they really are and about all the angst they suffer for their millions, sorry, I meant for their art.

"My God, I'm suffering from Chronic Publicity Withdrawal, how will I cope? Is there an expensive shrink in the house? Get my Agent somebody or I'll never survive"

Those are the nominations for the Best Performer Award. And the winner is.......the stuffed dummy in the shop window.

Sporran
25-Feb-08, 21:47
I watched the whole thing last night, including the red carpet interviews beforehand. The main event started at 8pm where I live, so it diidn't mean being up half the night, thank goodness! Thoroughly enjoyed it all, although I thought Atonement might have done a lot better than it did. Jon Stewart was a good choice for host - I liked his sense of humour, and the audience did too, apparently. Plenty of eye candy for the male viewers, of course, with all those beautiful actresses in their gorgeous gowns, hair and makeup. Hubby and I both thought Tilda Swinton could have done with a bit of glamming up, though! For me, the eye candy was George Clooney and Javier Bardem! :D

I liked the way Daniel Day-Lewis knelt before Helen Mirren as he accepted his Oscar from her - a nod to her role as the Queen! :cool: Helen seemed amused by it too!

WeeBurd
26-Feb-08, 00:48
I stayed up for a wee while, just so I could see the posh frocks on the red carpet... caved into the call of sleep less than an hour in, lol!