PDA

View Full Version : scooters/motorbikes

floyed
24-Feb-08, 21:25
Has anyone else heard the scooter or motorbike that is going about in wick tonight. It has gone past my house about 5 times in the last couple of hours, its doing ma head in ahhhh!!!

Metalattakk
24-Feb-08, 21:29
Do you doubt its existence? Do you think you might be hearing things? If not, I don't see the point of posting this thread.

telfordstar
24-Feb-08, 21:31
Its past my house a good few times as well its really really loud

Boozeburglar
24-Feb-08, 21:32
I heard it, and I am a hundred miles away!

floyed
24-Feb-08, 21:32
Its past my house a good few times as well its really really loud

Thats what i thought very loud:D

floyed
24-Feb-08, 21:34
I heard it, and I am a hundred miles away!

Hahahaha very good:D

floyed
24-Feb-08, 21:41
Do you doubt its existence? Do you think you might be hearing things? If not, I don't see the point of posting this thread.

Go away Metalattakk, you dont see the point off half the threads posted on here, but yet you cant come up with a interesting post that everybody wants to read yourself. Your all mouth and no balls!!

Boozeburglar
24-Feb-08, 21:49
I am sure I saw an article about making your own Stinger, like the Police use.

A length of wood with some nails in it would do the trick.

There is some kid round here with a wee two stroke that you can hear a mile off and it drives me round the bend, not that that particular journey requires a lot of fuel...

Mind you no one seems bothered by my big single, so I should think myself lucky.

:)

Sapphire2803
24-Feb-08, 21:51
Go away Metalattakk, you dont see the point off half the threads posted on here, but yet you cant come up with a interesting post that everybody wants to read yourself. Your all mouth and no balls!!
Would having them help? Can you type with them too? As well as jiggling them about regularly when bored? ;)

As a girlie, I am soooooo jealous right now! :lol:

northener
24-Feb-08, 22:19
I am sure I saw an article about making your own Stinger, like the Police use.

A length of wood with some nails in it would do the trick.

There is some kid round here with a wee two stroke that you can hear a mile off and it drives me round the bend, not that that particular journey requires a lot of fuel...

Mind you no one seems bothered by my big single, so I should think myself lucky.

Odd, really. I detest the noise of two-strokes yet like to hear 4-strokes. Must be the pitch of the exhaust note.

One mans meat an' all that I suppose.

Metalattakk
24-Feb-08, 22:28

O NOES!! Somebody help me! I've been...maligned..! :eek:

LOL! Still laughing at being told to 'go away'. :lol: Very ROFL-tastic.

So, where's the forum that people go to to cry about these things?

Now, back to the point: What was the point? There's a moped going about Wick making a noise? So what? What do you expect anyone on the .org to do about it?

floyed
24-Feb-08, 22:41
O NOES!! Somebody help me! I've been...maligned..!

LOL! Still laughing at being told to 'go away'. Very ROFL-tastic.

Now, back to the point: What was the point? There's a moped going about Wick making a noise? So what? What do you expect anyone on the .org to do about it?

You no what you are getting very boring you answer all post you dont like the same way.... So what?? who cares?? what do you want the org to do about it??? There was no point to this thread???

Your only purpose on this forum, is to log on and tell people how bad there threads are and yes i no its your opinion blah blah blah!! But yet you still have'nt started any threads yourself:roll:

Your like a broken record, that im definetly not listening to anymore.

lil_kim
24-Feb-08, 22:49
I'm glad its not just me thats been driven up the wall tonight by this scooter/motorbike, whatever it is! scooters dont usually bother me when they pass but this thing sounds like its running in my room!!!

Metalattakk
24-Feb-08, 22:49
Your only purpose on this forum, is to log on and tell people how bad there threads are .../snip

Prove it. Your opinion is wrong, I'm afraid. Look at my recent posts, and you'll see plenty of good advice given to people who ask for it.

That is your choice, as much as it is your choice to ignore your education. I suppose we all have our crosses to bear. ;)

Boozeburglar
24-Feb-08, 22:55

I suppose Floyed could at least expect a friendly collective moan about wee buzzing bikes, or a plucky defence of the kidz' right to pollute the Sunday peace.

I admit I cannot be er-sd with dozens of posts calculated to accumulate, but is there really any harm in a wee thread about something annoying?

It is not a Reuters bulletin board.

floyed
24-Feb-08, 23:02
Prove it. Your opinion is wrong, I'm afraid. Look at my recent posts, and you'll see plenty of good advice given to people who ask for it.

That is your choice, as much as it is your choice to ignore your education. I suppose we all have our crosses to bear. ;)

Ok maybe you do give ok advice to some people, but you do put alot of threads down for being pointless. Which i think is wrong, they could be pointless to you but very interesting for someone else.

I know you have your opinion blah blah blah;), but if you dont like a thread why dont you just not reply to it. I know i come across threads that dont interest me in the slightest, but i just skip past them to things that interest me.

floyed
24-Feb-08, 23:04
I suppose Floyed could at least expect a friendly collective moan about wee buzzing bikes, or a plucky defence of the kidz' right to pollute the Sunday peace.

I admit I cannot be er-sd with dozens of posts calculated to accumulate, but is there really any harm in a wee thread about something annoying?

It is not a Reuters bulletin board.

Thank you Boozeburglar:D

Metalattakk
24-Feb-08, 23:10

So all floyed wants is a collective cuddle, and some reassurance that it is indeed annoying? Sorry, but that creates a dangerous precedent, and before you know it, exactly those people you present in your second paragraph will be jumping on the bandwagon and creating their own thread about a minute annoyance.

Ok maybe you do give ok advice to some people, but you do put alot of threads down for being pointless. Which i think is wrong, they could be pointless to you but very interesting for someone else.

I know you have your opinion blah blah blah;), but if you dont like a thread why dont you just not reply to it. I know i come across threads that dont interest me in the slightest, but i just skip past them to things that interest me.

Thought you weren't going to listen to my 'broken record' any more? :D

floyed
24-Feb-08, 23:15
So all floyed wants is a collective cuddle, and some reassurance that it is indeed annoying? Sorry, but that creates a dangerous precedent, and before you know it, exactly those people you present in your second paragraph will be jumping on the bandwagon and creating their own thread about a minute annoyance.

No i was not wanting a cuddle thank you very much and especially not from you!!

It was just annoying me and was wondering if it was getting on anyone else's nerves, as boozeburglar said 'just having a wee moan'.

Boozeburglar
24-Feb-08, 23:16
Is there a bike running round making a stooshie or not?

If there is, it is as legitimate a subject for a thread as two thirds of the rest of the threads on here.

Nuff said.

Metalattakk
24-Feb-08, 23:18
No i was not wanting a cuddle thank you very much and especially not from you!!

And where, pray tell, did you ever see an offer of such? :D

floyed
24-Feb-08, 23:18
Thought you weren't going to listen to my 'broken record' any more? :D[/quote]

Im not :p

floyed
24-Feb-08, 23:20
[quote=Metalattakk;345864]So all floyed wants is a collective cuddle, and some reassurance that it is indeed annoying?

:D

Metalattakk
24-Feb-08, 23:24
Yep,. proves that (in my opinion) you wanted a cuddle from many, not that I ever offered one. Nice try. Maybe file it away in the 'Must Try Harder' drawer. ;)

JAWS
24-Feb-08, 23:38
I don't see the point of the comment either. :roll:

Kevin Milkins
24-Feb-08, 23:41
I have been out to listen for the naughty biker but ,I think he may have got his oil to petrol ratio wrong and seized it up. I could take the baffles out of mine and go for a whizz if you like .Just in the interest of keeping the thread going of course.

carasmam
24-Feb-08, 23:46
I blame Tesco, 24 hour petrol pumps, we'd have run out of fuel on a Sunday night by now in the old days ;)

JAWS
24-Feb-08, 23:47
The case of the "Baffling Biker" even. Sounds like a good Sherlock Holmes Mystery. I wonder if it will ever be solved?
Is anybody organising a search to see who it is?

Highland Laddie
24-Feb-08, 23:47
I have been out to listen for the naughty biker but ,I think he may have got his oil to petrol ratio wrong and seized it up. I could take the baffles out of mine and go for a whizz if you like .Just in the interest of keeping the thread going of course.

Maybe you should edit this post,
sounds a bit George Michael to me ;)

Kevin Milkins
24-Feb-08, 23:55
Maybe you should edit this post,
sounds a bit George Michael to me ;)

Are you suggesting that I may be of questionable sexual tendancys

Metalattakk
24-Feb-08, 23:57
I don't see the point of the comment either. :roll:

Nice to see you joining the party, JAWS. :D

Highland Laddie
24-Feb-08, 23:57
Are you suggesting that I may be of questionable sexual tendancys

LOL Wasn't quite sure when you mentioned going out for a whizz

Kevin Milkins
25-Feb-08, 00:05
LOL Wasn't quite sure when you mentioned going out for a whizz

I must admit
Burn some rubber might have sound a bit more manly.
Then again/! >>>I think its time to shut up

Sapphire2803
25-Feb-08, 00:06
The case of the "Baffling Biker" even. Sounds like a good Sherlock Holmes Mystery. I wonder if it will ever be solved?

I thought it was the case of the baffleLESS biker.....

Boom boom! :roll:

Boozeburglar
25-Feb-08, 00:07
I must admit
Burn some rubber might have sound a bit more manly.
Then again/! >>>I think its time to shut up

ROFLMAO!

BRIE
25-Feb-08, 09:48

I can solve the mystery! Im driven insane by this biker on a daily basis & im thinking of having a whip round to get him a new exhaust just to save my sanity!

scotsboy
25-Feb-08, 10:02
I find myself siding with Metalattak on this one (dont worry I have a medical appointment booked), if there had been a scooter/motorbike going around making NO NOISE I could see the point of the post - but one making noise???

BRIE
25-Feb-08, 10:06
you obviously havent heard the noise coming out of it! it was load enough last night that it woke my baby up![evil]

johno
25-Feb-08, 12:02
O NOES!! Somebody help me! I've been...maligned..! :eek:

LOL! Still laughing at being told to 'go away'. Very ROFL-tastic.

exactly, if it bothers them that much let them have a word with the owner of the moped.( if it,s making that much noise he or she cant be that hard to locate) or inform the police.
your dead right what the hell can posting it here do except boost one,s post ratings. :roll:

j4bberw0ck
25-Feb-08, 14:02
if there had been a scooter/motorbike going around making NO NOISE

Is that like no tea (http://ifwiki.org/index.php/The_Hitchhiker%27s_Guide_to_the_Galaxy#Notable_Fea tures)? :lol:

floyed
25-Feb-08, 15:44
exactly, if it bothers them that much let them have a word with the owner of the moped.( if it,s making that much noise he or she cant be that hard to locate) or inform the police.
your dead right what the hell can posting it here do except boost one,s post ratings. :roll:

I did'nt want anything done about it, i was just posting to see if it was annoying anyone else. In future i will keep my posts to myself:(

ŠAmethyst
25-Feb-08, 16:10
Depending on what time of day it is, I don't have a problem with loud bikes... scooters just shouldn't be loud unless it's encrusted with diamonds or something lol.

That's my opinion though.

Also my opinion, the louder the better when it comes to a nice bike... Ducati 848, CBR600+, FZR 1000, Bandit 1200... They should all be loud bikes. But when it's going round in circles for no good reason in the evenings, that's when I have a problem with it. If it happens again, let it go past 3 or 4 times then if it continues I'd just inform the police that it's creating a problem.

ŠAmethyst
25-Feb-08, 16:13
In future i will keep my posts to myself:(

Don't take heed of the trolls... If we didn't have opinions, we wouldn't be able to have the odd half-decent discussion that we get here.

Boozeburglar
25-Feb-08, 16:22

By what decree does every thread or post on this board require a practical purpose?

If I were to read your last thirty posts Johno, how many would have any practical purpose?

Give Floyed a break, I would post if I lived in Wick and there was a noisy bike, chances are others would have heard it. No further purpose needed to post on a general forum.

Anyone who disagrees is full of it.

dandod
25-Feb-08, 16:45
[mad]i know exactly who it is! because it is raining outside he has decided to tortue me instead with his ground shaking,wall wobbling,dance music.i am pulling my hair out its so loud!

floyed
25-Feb-08, 17:05
I think it is a shame that some people on here like to tell people there threads are pointless. I will now think twice about what i post on here, which i think is a shame. I thought the org was where i could come and ask anything i want, say what every i want, within reason of course. But now i see i was seriously wrong.:(

ŠAmethyst
25-Feb-08, 17:11
I think it is a shame that some people on here like to tell people there threads are pointless. I will now think twice about what i post on here, which i think is a shame. I thought the org was where i could come and ask anything i want, say what every i want, within reason of course. But now i see i was seriously wrong.:(

I don't think you are wrong - I think there are some other people that are wrong and dare I say it, perhaps small minded.

For me, the org will always be somewhere I can come and ask questions - whether they are stupid or not.

Just keep your chin up and ignore the people who try to belittle you.

BRIE
25-Feb-08, 17:19
This forum is getting worse by the day for petty squabbles. certain members are certainly making a habit of getting peoples backs up![evil]
I didnt realise all our posts have to be vetted to see if there worthy of being put on the org, I thought it was a free forum for anyone to write in.

ŠAmethyst
25-Feb-08, 17:28
Don't those people feed off attention?? Don't give them any and get on with your normal posts... they'll likely get bored and go elsewhere to annoy someone else.

dandod
25-Feb-08, 17:30
This forum is getting worse by the day for petty squabbles. certain members are certainly making a habit of getting peoples backs up![evil]
I didnt realise all our posts have to be vetted to see if there worthy of being put on the org, I thought it was a free forum for anyone to write in.

there is a word,and one word only for people like that and it is bully.pure and simple.

floyed
25-Feb-08, 18:02

I agree with you totally:D

trix
25-Feb-08, 18:45
This forum is getting worse by the day for petty squabbles. certain members are certainly making a habit of getting peoples backs up!

i feel a bity bad for sayin 'iss but.....i choost find it all so amusing.....:Razz

ye guys crack me up....[lol]

ywindythesecond
25-Feb-08, 22:40
You no what you are getting very boring you answer all post you dont like the same way.... So what?? who cares?? what do you want the org to do about it??? There was no point to this thread???

Your only purpose on this forum, is to log on and tell people how bad there threads are and yes i no its your opinion blah blah blah!! But yet you still have'nt started any threads yourself:roll:

Not true floyed. metalattack has started three threads and amassed the magnificent total of twenty-one posts as a result.
ywy2

johno
25-Feb-08, 23:50
I did'nt want anything done about it, i was just posting to see if it was annoying anyone else. In future i will keep my posts to myself:(
Awe c,mon dont be offended. were all thick skinned here. christ we have to be. no slur intended.. be happy. [lol]

Liz
26-Feb-08, 00:04

You flipping well post what you want to and to heck with those who have nothing better to do than come on here and tell others how pointless their posts are!!!

The words life, get and a spring to mind!!!

I know exactly how annoying this bike buzzing up and down your street must be as I had the same for a while with one of these horrible little mini motors (or whatever they are called)and it drove me to distraction!
Thankfully it has not been heard for a while but I cringe when I see the garage door open and this monster appearing!