PDA

View Full Version : East or West?

AIRYFAIRY
31-Oct-05, 11:21
Hello again!! :D Could anyone please shed any light on a subject of conversion at home! Is the west side of Scotland or the east side the most scenic and tourist worthy?? :confused Please provide placesof interest- My opinion is both sides have lots to offer, but that probably the west side is more scenic, however I could be wrong!
Does the Loch ness thingy really exist?? - has anyone reading this ever seen it?! :eek:

paris
31-Oct-05, 13:00
Hello Airyfairy, The veiws from lybster village where we lived are "out of this world!
Ask the white settlers about tripple tit mountains :lol: :lol:

AIRYFAIRY
31-Oct-05, 13:09
Any white settlers able to define "tripple tit mountains"??? :confused

porshiepoo
31-Oct-05, 13:16
Any white settlers able to define "tripple tit mountains"??? :confused

Well, unfortunately yes I can. lol

You see there is a mountain range in view that us 'white settlers' :lol: once called tit mountain due to it's resemblence of 'you know what'. That mountain then turned into two tit mountain as we noticed the mountain behind it. Then on a very clear day triple tit mountain was born! :lol: :lol:

On the subjuct east v west though.
The west is very nice with it's mountains, history etc but I personally started to feel hemmed in and find the open ;) plains of the east so much more gratifying. Not to mention clean, uncluttered etc :lol: :lol:

cullbucket
31-Oct-05, 13:35
Surprised you dont feel hemmed in by your PC - looks like you spent 14 hrs in front of it yesterday..... get out and get a breath of fresh air......

porshiepoo
31-Oct-05, 19:52
Surprised you dont feel hemmed in by your PC - looks like you spent 14 hrs in front of it yesterday..... get out and get a breath of fresh air......

Actually Cullbucket I have two fractured legs at the moment, so much as I would love to get out. I Can't.

31-Oct-05, 22:50
The West !!
Walk up the West Highland Way, then bide at Fort Bill awhile. Then cross over the canal and walk your way north to include the Donalds & Munros. Fantastic. Best scenery in the UK.
No, I haven't done it....... but I have done the WHW and started the Munros at Ben Loyal..... B-)

porshiepoo
31-Oct-05, 23:24
We've spent alot of time around the fort william area. The road to Mallaig is gorgeous and we also loved acharacle although it was a bit remote, especially in the winter.
Spean Bridge is quite nice though as well.

hereboy
31-Oct-05, 23:35
triple tit mountains, loch ness monster, fractured legs

tsk... all sound a bit "maiden pap" to me.

As my mither used to say - East is east and west is west but come oot o that you little so and so before I take yir snakebelt til ye.

Or something like that.

fred
01-Nov-05, 00:13
As my mither used to say - East is east and west is west but come oot o that you little so and so before I take yir snakebelt til ye.

Or something like that.

But the wise men came out of the east.

hereboy
01-Nov-05, 00:58
true Fred... but even Stornoway must be east of somewhere...