PDA

View Full Version : Is your roof fixed?

Tugmistress
24-Feb-08, 18:14
Not had time to look properly but it's looking like if you have lose tiles now, they will be even more so on tuesday.
Charts are suggesting about 60mph gusts which isn't too bad, but as we have had a few sessions lately things may be weakened and vulnerable to these lesser hoolies.

will post a proper report when i get back from work tonight.

mums angels
24-Feb-08, 18:41
As always thanks for the warning tugs , i'm glad to say that my roof has been in one peice since last time but like you said some might be lose after the last few windy nights we've had :eek: will keep an eye out for your next weather post :D

Royster1911
24-Feb-08, 19:25
A Gritter went past my house at 5.45pm. Are we expecting anything tonight Tuggs?

dessie
24-Feb-08, 19:28
witch direction for the winds tuggs...see you in the room later...

Highland Laddie
24-Feb-08, 19:28
A Gritter went past my house at 5.45pm. Are we expecting anything tonight Tuggs?

Probably lost, or there's a touch of frost in Inverness an they have all been called out.

unicorn
24-Feb-08, 20:17
There was heavy sleet just now

Tugmistress
24-Feb-08, 21:03

nah, maybe drop as low as zero in the calmer more clearer moments the sky may have, temp will drop in showers and after midnight 'warm' up again to about 3 or 4c.
longest cold spell i can see at the moment is saturday for all of a day lol with a small blip in between but nothing to be worried about that i can see, will let you know if it's going to be mega icy for driving etc.

Tugmistress
24-Feb-08, 21:11
witch direction for the winds tuggs...see you in the room later...

Starting in the S/W from early hours tuesday morning, veering west then N/W by the evening. windiest point will probably be during the morning, after about 7pm it will be calming down.
Temps wont be that cold in actuality but it will feel cold with the wind chill factor.... so get yer woolly knickers out! and yer brollies, looks like it'll be a cold wet windy day, so at least you shouldn't lose any washing lol.

Overnight friday could be 'interesting' but will keep you posted on that on wednesday when the charts have settled again.

Royster1911
24-Feb-08, 21:19
Many thanks Tuggs.:)

Highland Laddie
24-Feb-08, 22:15
Yes, many thanks Tuggs

chaz
24-Feb-08, 22:24
My kids are travelling early hours of saturday morning,so an up date would be great thanks:)