PDA

View Full Version : Is the org better or worse?

teddybear1873
24-Feb-08, 16:11
Whats your views on the org now? Was it better 2 - 4 years ago? Is it wearing thin as times go by? Iv'e noticed that it can take quite a few days before the page is updated and theres nothing really new that wasnt on before. Im not saying the org is keech, it is a very good website with alot of information but it seemed to be more appealing 2 or so years ago.

TBH
24-Feb-08, 16:18
Whats your views on the org now? Was it better 2 - 4 years ago? Is it wearing thin as times go by? Iv'e noticed that it can take quite a few days before the page is updated and theres nothing really new that wasnt on before. Im not saying the org is keech, it is a very good website with alot of information but it seemed to be more appealing 2 or so years ago.Maybe if you gave some examples of the difference 2-4 years ago?

Ricco
24-Feb-08, 16:19
I think that the org is excellent and very good entertainment. I have made numerous friends here and the org offers a wide spectrum of topics for all to consider joining in on. I would heartily recommend it to anyone interested in a communuity forum (and have done so) and suggest that if anyone is not happy with the org then perhaps there are greener fields elsewhere? Hmmm? ;)

scotsboy
24-Feb-08, 16:20
A lot of good posters have disappeared, and many more don't post as much as before.

TBH
24-Feb-08, 16:20
A lot of good posters have disappeared, and many more don't post as much as before.Maybe they had more important things to be doing with their time?

balto
24-Feb-08, 16:22
i wasnt on the org 2 years ago so cant comment on it then but i think it is brilliant just starting to get into it now. keep up the good work:Razz:Razz

Bobinovich
24-Feb-08, 16:24
I would definately say that the Org is a product of it's own success.

One of the main problems thesedays is that Bill & co. have so much more on their plates that they cannot devote as much time as they used to.

Another is that the Org has grown much bigger and all the new sections require information added - that spreads things thinner elsewhere.

However, such is the repository of information here that I'm still stumbling across new pages, and am a much more frequent visitor now than I used to be a few years ago.

teddybear1873
24-Feb-08, 16:24
Well lets take away the forum. Im sure most people come on here just for the forum which has its appeal, even though some threads are pointless and some just put one on or reply to a post to get there post numbers up. I personally used .org for information and news. Sometimes the main page looks the same for a whole week, maybe longer. There was a time it was updated daily will all different news and info.

Ricco
24-Feb-08, 16:25
A lot of good posters have disappeared, and many more don't post as much as before.

.. and a lot of good people used to live in Thurso but they, and life, move on. I have come across a couple of ex-orgers on another forum. Since they left to have peace I shall not disclose their whereabouts. My own posting is sporadic dependant on how busy I am. :confused

Ricco
24-Feb-08, 16:30
Well lets take away the forum. Im sure most people come on here just for the forum which has its appeal, even though some threads are pointless and some just put one on or reply to a post to get there post numbers up. I personally used .org for information and news. Sometimes the main page looks the same for a whole week, maybe longer. There was a time it was updated daily will all different news and info.

Very interesting comments, tb1873. Considering you have been a member since 2005 you've not said a lot - 249 posts to date. Perhaps if you joined more in the discussions and debates you might gain more from the org? Also, I have been on three times today and have found the material changed every time. Indeed, I always find that the material has changed. We are talking about the same org, aren't we? ;)

teddybear1873
24-Feb-08, 16:34
Very interesting comments, tb1873. Considering you have been a member since 2005 you've not said a lot - 249 posts to date. Perhaps if you joined more in the discussions and debates you might gain more from the org? Also, I have been on three times today and have found the material changed every time. Indeed, I always find that the material has changed. We are talking about the same org, aren't we? ;)

Actually Ricco i have been a member since approx 2001. For some reason it wont let me log on with my old username. I did email Colin with that problem but couldnt retrieve it for some reason. I also look at the threads on most days, i just dont reply alot

Kevin Milkins
24-Feb-08, 16:44
I am only a very recent member /couple of weeks ,and have never seen or participated in a forum before.I only sighned up to sell my wifes car, and succesfully but while checking if there has been progress I started to have a look around and understand how it works. I think its fantastic and I am sure many will get fed up with me some time soon as my sense of humor is often seen a sarcasam.Its nice to be a part of somthing that you only ever thought was a passtime for clever poeple.

Please keep it up

floyed
24-Feb-08, 16:53
I have been on nearly a year now, and i think the org has gotten better. Probable due to the fact that the longer you are on, the more people you get to know.

johno
24-Feb-08, 17:13
very very true. :~( :confused

Sapphire2803
24-Feb-08, 17:14
I think that caithness.org is a fantastic resource, it will slow down over time, as when it was first put up there would have been a lot of catching up to do.
I recently found pictures of my children on the site that I hadn't noticed before, I was pleased as punch :)
Most of things you may ever want to know are on there somewhere and if they're not, you pop over to the forums and ask. We're extremely lucky to have it and I for one think there should be a paypal donations button, if there is already, then point me to it!