PDA

View Full Version : Media News Priorities

Loch not Lock
24-Feb-08, 11:14
Millions die through starvation, neglect and illegal wars but today's television and radio headlines are whether a few "celebs" get wet on the red carpet at tonight's Oscars. What a sick World we live in. :~(

Kenn
24-Feb-08, 11:16
I could n't agree more, the trivia that the media seem to think is news makes me despair.

golach
24-Feb-08, 11:21
Sadly, that kind of thing pays the journalistic hacks wages, [disgust]

Venture
24-Feb-08, 11:39
The celebs are making the most of it too. We have Jennifer Lopez striking up a £3million deal with a U S Magazine for pictures of her newborn twins and Wayne Rooney and his intended asking £2.5million from Hello magazine for exclusive rights to cover their wedding.

How many mouths would that amount of money feed?

Kevin Milkins
24-Feb-08, 11:47
Millions die through starvation, neglect and illegal wars but today's television and radio headlines are whether a few "celebs" get wet on the red carpet at tonight's Oscars. What a sick World we live in. :~(

I partly agree with all said ,but if the press was to dish me up daily large portions of doom and gloom and keep reminding me of all the troubles of the world then I would have to stop reading the paper.[disgust]

Highland Laddie
24-Feb-08, 11:51
I partly agree with all said ,but if the press was to dish me up daily large portions of doom and gloom and keep reminding me of all the troubles of the world then I would have to stop reading the paper.[disgust]

But there has to be a balance, yes i want to know what is happening in the world around me, and yes, i like to see what the celebs are up to, but the celebs seem to takeover the most of the paper, with sports taking up the rest, anything of real interest is jammed somewhere inside between the adverts.

Kevin Milkins
24-Feb-08, 12:28
Point taken

Ash
24-Feb-08, 12:50
i dont mind it, not very often that the news aint depressing

MadPict
24-Feb-08, 16:06
C'mon, hands up how many of you feed the media by buying "Hello" or the other celeb gossip rags? They are the reason these pathetic human beings get millions of pounds for the "exclusive" insights into their overly lavish lifestyles.

What a sick World we live in.

While the murderer Mugabe celebrates his 84th birthday surrounded by his followers, the ordinary people of Zimbabwe are facing starvation and interest rates of 100,000%.

That's sick...

Highland Laddie
24-Feb-08, 16:13
C'mon, hands up how many of you feed the media by buying "Hello" or the other celeb gossip rags? They are the reason these pathetic human beings get millions of pounds for the "exclusive" insights into their overly lavish lifestyles.

While the murderer Mugabe celebrates his 84th birthday surrounded by his followers, the ordinary people of Zimbabwe are facing starvation and interest rates of 100,000%.

That's sick...

Too right there m8, the SAS or someone similar should have surreptitiously gone in there and eliminated him.

Loch not Lock
25-Feb-08, 00:14
I am having an all night Oscar party - all welcome. Severe irritation can be a delight. No alcohol.

JAWS
25-Feb-08, 01:04
The Media simply feeds the greed of the public for for ever mor tittilating gossip and scandal. If the public were not so eager to grub it's way through other people's dirty linen the Media would not provide it for them.

Besides, it's far more exciting than if Mrs. McDooDah from down the road is carrying on with that new chappie from No. 11, isn't it?

Kevin Milkins
25-Feb-08, 12:33
The Media simply feeds the greed of the public for for ever mor tittilating gossip and scandal. If the public were not so eager to grub it's way through other people's dirty linen the Media would not provide it for them.

Besides, it's far more exciting than if Mrs. McDooDah from down the road is carrying on with that new chappie from No. 11, isn't it?

No I think you got it wrong.I heard that mrs McDooDar was in fact seeing a gentleman from 74 Incerman street and the chap from No,11/ ( its acually No13) is her brother and is proberbly useing him as a smoke screen.:lol: