PDA

View Full Version : Coach trip to Holland / Best route to Amsterdam?

Fran
23-Feb-08, 18:18
Have any of you been on a coach trip to holland from Inverness or aberdeen? I looked in the press and journal but they seem to just go to flower shows. Want to go to amsterdam.

EDDIE
23-Feb-08, 19:08
u can get weekend breaks to amsterdam that flys direct from aberdeen i think was about £200 for a 3 day break included flight plus hotel i thought it was a good deal and to be honest about amsterdam is good holiday but i would say 3 days is long enough a week and u would get board
I would tell anybody that hasnt been there to go never seen so much push bike in my life unbelievable coffee is great and the beer is a lot better than the crap that is served here.

Scunner
23-Feb-08, 23:05
Been to Holland twice Fran, and each time had a day in Amsterdam. Went up the river on a boat trip and went a bit into the Red Light district. Quite entertaining. Got the impression that there were quite a lot of beggars and homeless on the streets. The trips also had a stop at Delft and Bruges, and an optional trip the the war graves. Quite an emotional stop. Enjoyed both trips.

Fran
26-Feb-08, 04:09
Thanks for your replies, but does anyone know what coachtours go to holland from Inverness and aberdeen. the Press and Journal coach trips only go to the bulb fields.We want to go to Amsterdam.

teddybear1873
26-Feb-08, 04:44
You gonna see those lovely red lights when your there?

Fran
27-Feb-08, 02:32
Of course........but i understand there are no men in the windows...shame!!!

Fran
19-Mar-08, 03:38
We were going to go by ferry from Newcastle, but we are now thinking of flying from aberdeen? How did you go to amsterdam??

emszxr
19-Mar-08, 07:54
1st time was boat from hull but that takes you into rotterdam. we were on bikes at time so were able to travel about. 2nd time was for a rolling stones concert and flew from glasgow.
if i go again i would look at the newcastle ferry

brokencross
19-Mar-08, 08:26
We went by North Sea Ferries overnight from Hull to Rotterdam, then by train to Amsterdam. Enjoyed the ferry and no problems with the train.

tootler
19-Mar-08, 11:03
We took the car down to Edinburgh and then EasyJet across to Schipol - the flights were dead cheap and really quick & the public transport at the other end is just fantastic. Amsterdam's a great place to visit - enjoy!

henry20
19-Mar-08, 11:09
When we went to Amsterdam it was a 3 night trip. We went from Newcastle on a cruise, one night in Amsterdam, then the last night on cruise back.

At the time we could've booked a trip flying from Inverness for the same price, but it suited the couple we were going with to leave from Newcastle. They pulled out at last minute and we were stuck with a holiday we wouldn't have chosen.

Given the time again, I would've chosen to fly from Inverness and spent more time in Amsterdam. :roll:

jac1791
19-Mar-08, 11:27
I was in Amsterdam in Febuary on route to Rome, flew from Aberdeen, nice quick flight

emszxr
19-Mar-08, 20:58
Of course........but i understand there are no men in the windows...shame!!!

oh yes there is men in the windows, they just dress like women.