PDA

View Full Version : Taj Mahal Castletown

davem
23-Feb-08, 13:22
Went last night, braved that hail and wind to a warm reception in every way.
Fantastic food, we paid £ 30 for two, but we went a bit beserk it being so long since we'd had so good a curry. we have always enjoyed the take away but the whole experience was just great.
We were told that if you book in advance that you can be picked up and taken home in their "courtesy car", sounds like a good deal to me.
It's been forever since we went out, really enjoyed the whole experience.

The only thing that could be better was that not enough people were in, they do deserve to be rushed off their feet, even on nights like last night.

Bobinovich
23-Feb-08, 20:28
They must have been having problems recently - I think some of their spices have been a bit hotter and it's taken them some time to adjust the quantities :eek: - my Chicken Patia was, erm, kind of hot LOL!

Had it again last weekend though and it's settled back down nicely :D. Delish...

smj
24-Feb-08, 18:19
Went last night, braved that hail and wind to a warm reception in every way.
Fantastic food, we paid £ 30 for two, but we went a bit beserk it being so long since we'd had so good a curry. we have always enjoyed the take away but the whole experience was just great.
We were told that if you book in advance that you can be picked up and taken home in their "courtesy car", sounds like a good deal to me.
It's been forever since we went out, really enjoyed the whole experience.

The only thing that could be better was that not enough people were in, they do deserve to be rushed off their feet, even on nights like last night.

PS The £30 included our drinks.

mums angels
26-Feb-08, 14:52
Thats an excellent price but i do wonder how they manage to have there prices so low hope they are not scrimping on quality etc and will be interesting to see if they hike the prices way up once they've been open longer . we have yet to try it as we tend to only have takeaways and had heard that delivered items were often cold but have now been informed that they have new heated bags to rectify that problem so may try it next time hubby is home .:D

We did have a sit in meal at the K2 on valentines and though it was perfect food was fantastic all round , staff couldn't have been nicer and found the price very reasoable because of the high standard and quality .. it was £54 for 4 courses if you include the popadoms to start,a few cobra beers and few soft drinks and of course the irish coffee and tea we will definatly be going back and on more planned takeaway nights would even venture all the way through to pick one up . In the meantime until hubbys home we will stick to the Indian palace thats also very tasty .

We are actually very lucky to have so many decent takeaways up here , we had one in inverness recently and out of 8 of us not one of us liked our meal .

ett23
02-Mar-08, 17:01
Any more people out there recently tried the Buffet meal? I was thinking of going next Sunday but heard a while ago that the food was cold and hardly any choice. Has it improved? Is it worth going?

mrsmo
11-Mar-08, 13:31
We both went for a meal on Sat night, our first time out there, and the staff could not have been nicer. We had a lovely meal and a drink on the house into the bargain, will defo go back for more.:)

alanatkie
11-Mar-08, 14:15
ett23 - you can check out the menu for the buffet here - seema a good selection to me.

http://www.tajmahalindian.co.uk/

ett23
14-Mar-08, 14:43
Thanks for that link!
The selection for the buffet isn't as good as I was hoping (I've been to other indian buffets and chinese - jimmy chung's!) and there are so many to choose from you don't know where to start.

I suppose they're a small business so that's maybe why they don't have a big selection for the buffet. I like trying different meals and being adventurous when you know you can try a little bit and if you don't like it - fine, you haven't wasted your money!! ;)

POUNDIT
15-Mar-08, 15:39
From what ive been told if you don't like whats on offer at the buffet table you can order from the menu something you want to try or you know you like
for the same price .The buffet nights are always busy and i was advised to book first so if you going to try it bear this in mind.I think the reason its cheaper than usual there is because they have cheaper rent and rates .:lol: