PDA

View Full Version : Sea Angling Freebie

thebigman
23-Feb-08, 11:43
Because of a prudent committee membership for Caithness Sea Angling Association will be free this year, subject to the member being willing to recieve all correspondence via email.

Anyone wishing to join drop me a pm with your name and email address.

There will be a meeting at half seven next Friday, 29th, in the Weigh Inn.

brokencross
23-Feb-08, 14:23
See that in England DEFRA are holding a consultation about sea anglers having to buy an annual sea angling licence for £25-00. (under the part guise of fish stock conservation)......just how many fish are you sea anglers catching?? The phrase, yet another stealth tax springs to mind!!

thebigman
23-Feb-08, 15:17
Aye there's word of it coming in Scotland as well. Probably be like Portugal and the cash raised will be used for decomissioning schemes.

By the way Juniors are welcome to apply for membership, just include yuor date of birth if under 18. Under 14's must be in tow with an adult member.

Child protection policy in place and several members have been through Disclosure Scotland.

Ricco
23-Feb-08, 15:39
I would love to join, BigMan but I live too far away. I used to love fishing on the rocks below Holborn Head and out at Forss. I will be fishing with you in my dreams, though.

highbury
23-Feb-08, 16:18
Hi dave
I wont be joining either, but if you post the comp dates I'll be happy to try and take your Money if they coincide with any trips up
Steve:lol:

NickInTheNorth
23-Feb-08, 17:15
I'll see you at the Weigh Inn on Friday :)

thebigman
23-Feb-08, 18:09
Will get the website sorted out and updated this week and post the link.

In the meantime the comps are listed here - http://www.efsa-scotland.org/competitions/open_comps.htm

northener
23-Feb-08, 19:38
Bigman,

Do you organise club boat trips or are you mainly shore-based?

I'd be interested in joining if you have days out at sea. Shore fishing doesn't 'float my boat' in the same way.

N.

thebigman
07-Mar-08, 19:59
Scrabster boat fishing and Sandside beach on Sky Sports Extra just now.