PDA

View Full Version : how do u like to spend ur day off???

quiteone
23-Feb-08, 01:09
what do u all get up to then???

highlander
23-Feb-08, 01:54
Sorry i dont understand this question, what is a day off? lol

bluebell
23-Feb-08, 02:22
A day OFFFFFF from all the stresses & strains would be here on caithness.org catching up on the news & the crack:D

weestraw
23-Feb-08, 04:08
A day off???
Well it usually consists of the night before recovery and well what ever follows on!!! :eek: maybe edinburgh who knows!!!!!!;)

Metalattakk
23-Feb-08, 05:14
I like to spend my day off skiing the slopes of Val d'Isere, then nipping over to St. Moritz for a quick shottie down the Cresta Run on my upturned tea-tray, then off to Timanfaya for some volcano-roasted chorizo for lunch.

Afternoons consist of yet another trip to Wembley to see the mighty Scots lashing those uber-confidant, self-proclaimed World Champions England 3-2, followed by a quick walk down the Appalachian Trail as the February dusk falls.

Once it's dark, it's time to venture into the run-down back streets of Rio, where I usually fend off the marauding gangs of pimps and gifted child-prodigy footballers by performing death-defying sleight-of-hand card tricks, usually earning just a few Reals on the way.

I then retire to bed in my humble nest, pitched high in the trees on the Nullarbor Plain.

Fluff
23-Feb-08, 12:07
sleep in, get up and stay in comfy PJ's and fluffy robe! go on the org for a while whilst eating my brekkie. get dressed, go into town to do some shopping (food shopping) come home, clean the place. make lunch for OH, back on org!

sometimes (ok, rarely.. ) fit the gym in

Riffman
23-Feb-08, 13:43
I go to work [lol]

rob16d
23-Feb-08, 13:46
Sit on the pc eating bacon butties and spoiling my two kittens!

dook
23-Feb-08, 14:04
Get lumps knocked out of me playing with "dogdad" and his pups!!

justine
23-Feb-08, 14:07
being a full time mum to this lot i am not sure what a day off means, but if i had one i would relax and do nothing...I would stay in bed, watch tv in bed and drink my coffee and eat my biscuits in peace...Oh what a dream...
back to relaity.........

balto
23-Feb-08, 14:32
as a mum to 3 kids there really isnt such a thing as a day of(sure plenty others will agree with me here) but after i get all the housework done i like to sit on the computer for a wander round bebo and the org then the kids come and kick me org.:Razz:Razz

ett23
23-Feb-08, 17:16
On a day off I'm usually with my friends and family. I'll go visiting, maybe go for a walk with the kids and possibly fit in some horse riding - yeehaah! :lol:
Nothing better than going for a hack in the woods on the back of a horse. Even better - a gallop on the beach (not done that in a long time tho!!).

Green_not_greed
24-Feb-08, 00:44
I like to spend my day off skiing the slopes of Val d'Isere, then nipping over to St. Moritz for a quick shottie down the Cresta Run on my upturned tea-tray, then off to Timanfaya for some volcano-roasted chorizo for lunch.

Afternoons consist of yet another trip to Wembley to see the mighty Scots lashing those uber-confidant, self-proclaimed World Champions England 3-2, followed by a quick walk down the Appalachian Trail as the February dusk falls.

Once it's dark, it's time to venture into the run-down back streets of Rio, where I usually fend off the marauding gangs of pimps and gifted child-prodigy footballers by performing death-defying sleight-of-hand card tricks, usually earning just a few Reals on the way.

I then retire to bed in my humble nest, pitched high in the trees on the Nullarbor Plain.

Totally with you there, tho' a bit of a high carbon count on that one.

Personally, I'd like a warm, windless day to spend on a local quiet beach with the family.

wavy davy
24-Feb-08, 01:12
Wake up at 6, go for pee, put electric blanket on afterburner, resume reading good book, feel hungry about 7 so make milky coffee and muffins with lashings of butter and marmalade, eat brekky, feel tired but fight it and read till 8, give in to sleep and wake about 12, don fluffy robe, go downstairs and have second breakfast, read book for another hour, put on yesterday's clothes, drive to gym, spend hour in gym not working terribly hard but enough to break sweat, drive home, collapse in chair and sit on the computer for for an hour, go to my mums and scrounge a fryup, watch soaps and get looked after with cups of tea and biccies, go home and have several stiff drinks while surfing net and answering emails, contemplate navel for half an hour, stagger off to bed.

Torvaig
24-Feb-08, 01:22
Wake up at 6, go for pee, put electric blanket on afterburner, resume reading good book, feel hungry about 7 so make milky coffee and muffins with lashings of butter and marmalade, eat brekky, feel tired but fight it and read till 8, give in to sleep and wake about 12, don fluffy robe, go downstairs and have second breakfast, read book for another hour, put on yesterday's clothes, drive to gym, spend hour in gym not working terribly hard but enough to break sweat, drive home, collapse in chair and sit on the computer for for an hour, go to my mums and scrounge a fryup, watch soaps and get looked after with cups of tea and biccies, go home and have several stiff drinks while surfing net and answering emails, contemplate navel for half an hour, stagger off to bed.

Call that a day off!:eek: I'm exhausted just reading about it.....;)

wavy davy
24-Feb-08, 01:37
Call that a day off!:eek: I'm exhausted just reading about it.....;)

Okey dokey, let's have your take Torvaig????????????

northener
24-Feb-08, 02:03
Beeg Brekky, Beach, Walk, Boat, Shed, Beer, Bed:Razz

Metalattakk
24-Feb-08, 03:34
Nice one, but what do you do for a reality check?

Who needs reality on a day off?

P.S. I can't believe everyone so far has missed the deliberate mistake. Maybe I expect too much...

highlander2222
24-Feb-08, 09:11
D I Y all day

helenwyler
24-Feb-08, 09:29

P.S. I can't believe everyone so far has missed the deliberate mistake. Maybe I expect too much...

Don't know much about skiing, Lanzerote or Brazilian pimps MA....but it might be difficult to find a decent tree in Nullarbor. Not saying you're heavy or anything;).

Ahhh... the benefits of Latin O-level are life-long!:)

webmannie
24-Feb-08, 11:06

Jeezo, what you been drinkin? Can i have some?

webmannie
24-Feb-08, 11:11
Not saying you're heavy or anything;).

I can confirm he`s heavier than his brother!!

Snarfer
24-Feb-08, 11:30
DIY it's a never ending cycle in wur hoose.

Metalattakk
24-Feb-08, 12:40
Who needs reality on a day off?

Don't know much about skiing, Lanzerote or Brazilian pimps MA....but it might be difficult to find a decent tree in Nullarbor. Not saying you're heavy or anything;).

Ahhh... the benefits of Latin O-level are life-long!:)

Well done! The name comes from the latin 'null' meaning none, and 'arbor' meaning trees. People assume it's an aboriginal name, but it isn't.

A 'photo of the Nullarbor can be found here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Nullabor_plain_from_the_indian_pacific.jpg

Not a tree in sight.

Jings, and I thought people here were paying attention...

Metalattakk
24-Feb-08, 12:43
I can confirm he`s heavier than his brother!!

♪ "He's not heavy, he's my brother." ♪♫

:D

northener
24-Feb-08, 13:30
Well done! The name comes from the latin 'null' meaning none, and 'arbor' meaning trees. People assume it's an aboriginal name, but it isn't.

A 'photo of the Nullarbor can be found here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Nullabor_plain_from_the_indian_pacific.jpg (http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Nullabor_plain_from_the_indian_pacific.jpg)

Not a tree in sight.

Jings, and I thought people here were paying attention...

You're not the bloke who sold me a life membership to the Gobi Desert Canoe Club, are you?.

If you are, I want my money back.....

KCI
25-Feb-08, 20:15
D I Y all day

Aye - you looked pretty shaky on your ladder at the weekend! :lol::eek:

Torvaig
25-Feb-08, 22:24
Okey dokey, let's have your take Torvaig????????????

What.....I do nothing! Well I take the dog for a walk and spend a while on the beach, do a bit of painting if I can be bothered, do some shopping, put away the groceries, attend to emails etc., etc. Spend some time on the org., far too much today though.....Oh it is such a hard life doing nothing! ;)