PDA

View Full Version : Heating Oil Prices

ellimac
22-Feb-08, 18:30
Hello

I am really annoyed regarding the price of Heating Oil.... [mad]I phoned on Wednesday to get the price of oil to be told it was 45 and something pence, can't remember what the something was, not that it really matters, but it was 45p, I wasn't desperate for oil and thought I'd wait a few days and phone again to see if the price comes down...Well low and behold I called the next day and it went up 2pence..Gggrrrr[disgust] So I thought I would wait and called again today and its gone up another point... The lady I spoke to said that its being going up all week, why she didn't know... All I can say is at least I wasn't desperate for the oil and I can wait till next week to see if it goes down, but known my luck it will end up dearer, Yeah maybe I should of bought it when I first called, but how many out there thing oh well try the next day just incase....
I find this so infuriating and who's pockets is it lining, certainly not mine....Anyone else think this price increases are a discrace....

NickInTheNorth
22-Feb-08, 18:33
I suspect next week you may pay over 50p a litre!!

riggerboy
22-Feb-08, 18:44
the price of crude oil is at an all time high at over $100 a barrel, bad news for the oil consumer but good news for the oil industry, personnally i hope the price of oil goes up to $200 a barrel, this in itself secures my job, unfortunately not so good for others, yes i know i`m being selfish but sometime we need to be,

ellimac
23-Feb-08, 08:45
the price of crude oil is at an all time high at over $100 a barrel, bad news for the oil consumer but good news for the oil industry, personnally i hope the price of oil goes up to $200 a barrel, this in itself secures my job, unfortunately not so good for others, yes i know i`m being selfish but sometime we need to be,

Take it riggerboy you work for the oil industry!!!! :rolleyes: You might want oil prices to rise just to secure your job and all the others who work in the industry, but there are more who want the price of the barrel to drop and by doing so would mean cheaper prices for oil and fuel for cars...It's people like you who would quote such a selfish message that can afford the higher rate of the prices!!!! :lol: I am one who hope the price crashes down and it will eventually and when it does I'll remember your quote and think well how does it feel to be on the other side of things, not that I would want anyone to lose there job of course....

riggerboy
23-Feb-08, 09:04
Take it riggerboy you work for the oil industry!!!! :rolleyes: You might want oil prices to rise just to secure your job and all the others who work in the industry, but there are more who want the price of the barrel to drop and by doing so would mean cheaper prices for oil and fuel for cars...It's people like you who would quote such a selfish message that can afford the higher rate of the prices!!!! :lol: I am one who hope the price crashes down and it will eventually and when it does I'll remember your quote and think well how does it feel to be on the other side of things, not that I would want anyone to lose there job of course....

fair point but i have been on the other side as you put it,prior to working offshore, i worked for £150 a week and got no help from anyone, wife and 2 bairns to keep, so yes i know what its like to go short, the price of oil coming down with not directly mean the consumer will benefit any,yes i`m being selfish, but are you not by looking for cheap oil, do you have any idea whats its like working out here, your life may and can be taken at any time, by fire or water ,,

rob16d
23-Feb-08, 10:36
It's not really a disgrace! It has to be done, oils upplies are decreasing. That's business and life! If you're that bothered change your heating methods!

Solus
23-Feb-08, 11:18
Dont be thinking Rod that oil supplies are dwindling, they are not ! as for changing your heating , its not as easy as that unless you have the cash to fit a new boiler and install a new tank for gas or install storage heating.

rob16d
23-Feb-08, 11:21
Yeah I understand...perhaps you could look into geeting a grant for changing heting methods? There isn't enough oil to see the world through the next century or so!

ellimac
23-Feb-08, 12:50
Yeah I understand...perhaps you could look into geeting a grant for changing heting methods? There isn't enough oil to see the world through the next century or so!

What get a grant, you havin a laugh!!!! Do you ken how hard getting a grant is, you don't just get one just to change your method of heating cos you have a issue with the price of the oil!!! As for changing it I didn't start this thread of just to be told to change my method of heating, just wanted to see what others though of the increased prices... Its just like the fuel prices for your cars, its a disgrace that our price of it is so high compared to other places... What you going to say to that rob16d, start walking, for everyone to get small cars!!!:rolleyes: I don't think people can do that, and it is about to go up again by 2p next week so I heard..Lol.. If they weren't at war in Araq I think the prices wouldn't be where they are and there would be enough oil to last centuries.... Britain is getting worse as time goes on and it will get worse yet I'm sure, not to be downhearted about, but for what to line the pockets of the government cos it certainly won't be lining mine or yours...:lol:

rob16d
23-Feb-08, 12:54
But that's business...prices chage. War happens, inflation happens...we just have to deal with it. If you don't really want to pay that much then just don't buy any!

ellimac
23-Feb-08, 13:27
fair point but i have been on the other side as you put it,prior to working offshore, i worked for £150 a week and got no help from anyone, wife and 2 bairns to keep, so yes i know what its like to go short, the price of oil coming down with not directly mean the consumer will benefit any,yes i`m being selfish, but are you not by looking for cheap oil, do you have any idea whats its like working out here, your life may and can be taken at any time, by fire or water ,,

Yeah I understand what you are saying riggerboy, but you also get paid a substantial amount of money to work out there and take the risks that come with working in such an environment...:roll: And yes I do understand what it's like to work out there as a friend of mind has worked out there for years...As for the £150 a week job, People take that home most weeks and don't get any benifits and they have a partner and a few kids, but manage, being because they have to...:roll:Yeah I understand that its life and we all have to just get on with it and do the best we can, but it doesn't stop anyone having an opinion....

riggerboy
23-Feb-08, 15:50
Yeah I understand what you are saying riggerboy, but you also get paid a substantial amount of money to work out there and take the risks that come with working in such an environment...:roll: And yes I do understand what it's like to work out there as a friend of mind has worked out there for years...As for the £150 a week job, People take that home most weeks and don't get any benifits and they have a partner and a few kids, but manage, being because they have to...:roll:Yeah I understand that its life and we all have to just get on with it and do the best we can, but it doesn't stop anyone having an opinion....

you having a friend doesnt mean you understand what its like, any way as you said this thread is about the price of oil, heating oil as a whole in this country is a is within pennies of each company,unfortunatley we have to pay what we have to pay, i use about 1500 ltrs of oil a year, which works out about £60 a month, i dont think thats that bad ???

ellimac
23-Feb-08, 17:19
you having a friend doesnt mean you understand what its like, any way as you said this thread is about the price of oil, heating oil as a whole in this country is a is within pennies of each company,unfortunatley we have to pay what we have to pay, i use about 1500 ltrs of oil a year, which works out about £60 a month, i dont think thats that bad ???

:D Yes you are correct I haven't a clue what it's like, but it doesn't mean that I don't have any idea, what with being on a rig myself I have a little understanding....
Yes, and your right again this thread is about the cost of heating oil and we ourselves go through about 3500 ltrs a year, so it does work out to be a bit on the dear side, but then again I wouldn't want to be cold and I wouldn't change the method of heating that we have as its very convienient and with 2 kids in the house it needs to be... But we just have to pay these prices if we want to have the things we have and to be able to do the things we do, but it doesn't mean we have to be happy about it....[lol]

DeHaviLand
23-Feb-08, 17:35
Dont be thinking Rod that oil supplies are dwindling, they are not ! as for changing your heating , its not as easy as that unless you have the cash to fit a new boiler and install a new tank for gas or install storage heating.

Of course oil supplies are dwindling:roll:. Its a natural resource, which, as we use it up, doesn't get replaced. Therefore oil supplies are dwindling. Go to the top of the class Rob. Solus, see me after school:lol: