PDA

View Full Version : trick or treat! *Grins*

brandy
29-Oct-05, 20:41
ohhh so excited i cant wait.. my two little ones are both going! cant wait to dress them up and take them out! i will prob have more fun than they will!
tomorrow we are going to make treats and things that hubby will duly hand out while we are off knocking on doors! is everyone else ready and any mums other than me bouncing to see the little ones all dressed up and looking shy and timmid for all of 10 min before they realise sugar is part of the game!
was just wondering what is that rhyme the kids say when the knock on the door
cant remember it to save my life!!!!
Happy halloween! and if you see two little clowns bouncing around prob mine!

EDDIE
29-Oct-05, 21:41
Years ago when i went out on halloween we used to say the grass is green the skyes blue anything for halloween.I used to hate it when u went to houses and u had to say jokes or had to praticipate iin picking apples out of water i guess i was a bit shy then.
Its a shame that a lot more people dont participate in giving sweeties and so on to the guysers like what it was 10 -15 years ago if you know what mean i just hope that tradition stays its all good fun.
Its amazing when your young you always remember the certain houses that gave out good sweetie selection when i was young there was a teacher Mrs henderson that lived up laurie terrace im going back about at least 15 to 20 years she always had tables layed out with every kind of sweetie you could think of and you could pick a couple really good i dont know what ever happened to her she was very kind person dont know anyone else here remembers her.

Happy halloween everyone.

sandie
29-Oct-05, 22:08
hello brandy am 15 so i went out a couple off years ago and i use to say Trickle treat smell my feet give me something good.
But if you want any good saying or poems go to www.google.com/halloweenpeoms.co.uk
if it does not work just go on google hope your kids have fun and have alot off treats happy halloween

Bobinovich
30-Oct-05, 17:30
Its a shame that a lot more people dont participate in giving sweeties and so on to the guysers like what it was 10 -15 years ago if you know what mean i just hope that tradition stays its all good fun.

As a father who takes his 2 young kids out and about it would be very helpful if those participating in the spirit of Halloween would give some indication that they are! You know what I mean - I tend to leave houses whose lights are off, or don't have any decoration, alone because I'd prefer my kids not to be too disheartened, only to find that the occupants answer to the next bunch of kids with plenty of goodies.

I think that even if they put something in their window or doorway to indicate that they are up for it then they'd get more visitors - then the stingy ones who put nothing in their window will maybe get left alone!!!

We always have decorations, lights and plenty of pre-prepared bags of goodies (plus a few bits left over just in case there are more out than expected) and the kids thoroughly enjoy themselves.

Long may it continue!

cullbucket
30-Oct-05, 20:45
What date is halloween?
I thought it was the 31st, therefore have been sending away all the folk who have been at the doors the last 2 nights, telling them to come back on halloween as we have nothing ready....
Am I right?

caithnessgirl
30-Oct-05, 20:55
Yes Cullbucket you are right... its monday 31st, they must just be scrounging!! lol :lol:
Happy Halloween!! :evil

AIRYFAIRY
30-Oct-05, 21:06
Remember as a youngster I loved trick or treating - went most years with my sister, and am ashamed to say did carryout tricks to those misers who refused to provide treats!![an egg or two at the door - nothing sinister!] But unfortunatly, where I live at the mo, trick or treating is definatly out of the question for my two young children. its simply not as safe around this area to allow kids to enjoy such childhood past times - you dont know who`s door you could be knocking on [could be an imigrant ha ha! :lol: ]
But to all those kiddie winks preparing for the fun of scaring old bids witless tomorrow night [joke!!] have a damn good time- dont eat all the sweets, you know when you`ve had enough - cos your sick!! :lol: