PDA

View Full Version : Safety lock

NLP
22-Feb-08, 16:02
To save our video player from little fingers I put on a child safety lock,
now I can't get it off. Will have to wait for OH to get home tonight to see if he has better luck. Maybe I should ask the bairn she might have better luck than her mummy.

badger
22-Feb-08, 16:06
Definitely get child to do it - child safety locks are designed to keep out adults. Child will do it in no time.

Dadie
22-Feb-08, 16:22
*sigh*
I know the feeling Lauren can open the cupboard locks better than Mummy!

karia
22-Feb-08, 16:33
*sigh*
I know the feeling Lauren can open the cupboard locks better than Mummy!

Is she any good with tins of corned beef?
Who decided square tins were a good idea?:eek:

badger
22-Feb-08, 16:39
Is she any good with tins of corned beef?
Who decided square tins were a good idea?:eek:

Once upon a time these had nice easy strips you could tear round but have no idea how you open them now. All tins are a nightmare and I'm usually reduced to getting out the toolbox.

And what about plastic blister packs - impossible! Pill boxes - be dead before you can open them. Anything containing what could be a dangerous liquid - I open them once then put them on the highest shelf where little hands can't reach as I really can't go through all that squeezing at just the right point every time.

rob16d
22-Feb-08, 16:41
Haha! Idiot-proof things are not good! They are always hard to open, use etc!! I have no trouble with plastic blister packs....but the tins with the key that you peel back the metal with is hard!

karia
22-Feb-08, 16:43
Once upon a time these had nice easy strips you could tear round but have no idea how you open them now.

You would think that the nice folks at Fray Bentos would have spotted that every other blooming can on the shelf is round and that there just might be a good reason for that.:roll:

Dadie
22-Feb-08, 16:49
Nah
dont normally have corned beef in the house as opening the tins nearly involve a trip to a&e to get fingers and thumbs sewn back into place..whoever invented those squoval tins was plain evil!

Sapphire2803
22-Feb-08, 17:00
Many moons ago, I worked on the deli counter in Safeway. The sliced corned beef they sell on the deli used to arrive in square tins about 18" long. Used to take me forever to get that out! :confused

badger
22-Feb-08, 17:25
You would think that the nice folks at Fray Bentos would have spotted that every other blooming can on the shelf is round and that there just might be a good reason for that.:roll:

Oh come on Karia - it's tradition !! Corned beef has always come in square tins. Takes my back to my childhood, and believe me that's a long way. It wouldn't taste the same in round tins. And how would you make a corned beef sandwich? You'd have to buy round bread.

Thumper
22-Feb-08, 17:26
Nah
dont normally have corned beef in the house as opening the tins nearly involve a trip to a&e to get fingers and thumbs sewn back into place..whoever invented those squoval tins was plain evil!

going slighty off subject here but in my house its superglue that isnt allowed...my son has banned it cos everytime I try to use it, I glue myself to myself or something else :roll: I now leave it to him as he is much more sensible :( x

karia
22-Feb-08, 17:41
going slighty off subject here but in my house its superglue that isnt allowed...my son has banned it cos everytime I try to use it, I glue myself to myself or something else :roll: I now leave it to him as he is much more sensible x

Brings new meaning to the term 'sticky fingered':lol:

Sapphire2803
22-Feb-08, 19:42
going slighty off subject here but in my house its superglue that isnt allowed...my son has banned it cos everytime I try to use it, I glue myself to myself or something else :roll: I now leave it to him as he is much more sensible :( x

Ooh! Me too!!

My friend Kirsteen is even worse! She was gluing a mirror onto a cupboard door and ended up with her glasses glued to her face and her hand to her glasses!! Lol

NLP
22-Feb-08, 23:08

I once superglued my fingers to a plate and that was me beening careful.

Thumper
22-Feb-08, 23:10
Hun I superglued myself to my jeans.....LONG story :roll: [lol] x

NLP
22-Feb-08, 23:46
Hun I superglued myself to my jeans.....LONG story :roll: [lol] x

Hope you weren't in them at the time. I shouldn't laugh but that's funny.

Thumper
22-Feb-08, 23:50
I hate to admit it but I had hot date and just as I put my jeans on the button fell off :( so i decided to superglue it back on...well i realised my mistake and ran to the bathroom...burst in on my Pal lying in the bath and jumped in with her :o she nearly died lol x

karia
22-Feb-08, 23:58
I hate to admit it but I had hot date and just as I put my jeans on the button fell off so i decided to superglue it back on...well i realised my mistake and ran to the bathroom...burst in on my Pal lying in the bath and jumped in with her :o she nearly died lol x

Thumps..why did you think that would help?:confused

Thumper
23-Feb-08, 00:00
Karia....I thought I could glue it back on well enough to last the date :roll: but ended up having to cancel and spend the night in the bath with my mate [lol] x

mccaugm
23-Feb-08, 00:02
To get back to the beginning....sort of...my 3 year old today managed to stick a plectrum in the disc drive of his big brothers computer and a 10p piece in the Sky card slot. Wish I had childproof gadgets for everything now.

Think my youngest is following tradition. My 14 year old when about the same age..got an ariel connector stuck in the video. Kids!!!

Sapphire2803
23-Feb-08, 00:03
Moisture is what makes superglue set, so, the bath?.... probably not the best choice ;)

Sapphire2803
23-Feb-08, 00:05
To get back to the beginning....sort of...my 3 year old today managed to stick a plectrum in the disc drive of his big brothers computer and a 10p piece in the Sky card slot. Wish I had childproof gadgets for everything now.

Think my youngest is following tradition. My 14 year old when about the same age..got an ariel connector stuck in the video. Kids!!!

I've either been lucky with my kids or I've blocked out the memory of what they did :)
A neighbour's kid once stuck a purple crayon in my floppy drive though.
Try getting an iron and brown paper in there!! :eek:

Thumper
23-Feb-08, 00:05
yeah well....me and my pal got a lot closer that night ;) [lol] x

Sapphire2803
23-Feb-08, 00:07
yeah well....me and my pal got a lot closer that night ;) x

Thumper, is that you steaming up my screen??
:lol:

Thumper
23-Feb-08, 00:09
Thumper, is that you steaming up my screen??
:lol:

At the risk of being accused of meaningless posts........:ox

karia
23-Feb-08, 00:11
Karia....I thought I could glue it back on well enough to last the date but ended up having to cancel and spend the night in the bath with my mate x

Sometimes life just throws these choices at ya!:roll:

At least you had half a chance of a decent conversation.;)

Thumper
23-Feb-08, 00:14
Its amazing what you find to talk about when neither of you want to get out first ;) although to be fair I did have a pair of jeans on which is more than my mate had ..........:eek: x

Sapphire2803
23-Feb-08, 00:19
Its amazing what you find to talk about when neither of you want to get out first ;) although to be fair I did have a pair of jeans on which is more than my mate had ..........:eek: x

Please, just tell me you didn't let the water go cold!!!
There's nothing worse than that point when getting under the water is about the same temp as getting out! I hated that when I was a kid, if I tried adding more hot water my mum would hear it and bang on the door and shout at me.

Thumper
23-Feb-08, 00:31
Please, just tell me you didn't let the water go cold!!!
There's nothing worse than that point when getting under the water is about the same temp as getting out! I hated that when I was a kid, if I tried adding more hot water my mum would hear it and bang on the door and shout at me.

nope.....I have a BIG tank!;) we were warm for hours [lol]x