PDA

View Full Version : Brit Awards shame on you Osbourne

Kevin Milkins
22-Feb-08, 00:43
I watched the Brit Awards last night against my better judgment and cannot beleive some of the things I saw.At least good old Sir Paul managed to bring some order to the show and showed why he has had such a long carear.
Will someone shoot that Osbourne woman please.

trix
22-Feb-08, 01:12
im vext that i misted, forgot all abooted :roll:

i wanted til see amy crackheid :lol:

i wonder if its repeated at anytime, maybe on itv2 or e4?

Kevin Milkins
22-Feb-08, 01:26
Amy was good she was proberbly the highlight. Its such a shame that you have to be a prat to be given such talent.

trix
22-Feb-08, 01:30
Amy was good she was proberbly the highlight. Its such a shame that you have to be a prat to be given such talent.

i ken, she really is fandab lek.

shes a skank, but by goddess, she gets ma hips a twitchin :lol:

i love 'e whole jazz scene anyway....cana get enough....

Rie
22-Feb-08, 03:00
couldnt agree more, i am just pleased that my kids didnt watch it!
i know the osbourns have a reputation for swearing, but that was just embarssing, did wonder if she was drunk at one point!
it says some thing whenyour kids are better behaved and more proffesional than you are!

loganbiffy
22-Feb-08, 03:08
Every1 knows the Brit Awards are a complete joke!

I mean they are a farce!

Get the real bands recognised and having some fun for a change!!

Metalattakk
22-Feb-08, 03:25

Give me a gun, I'll do it. No question.

This is the woman who probably saved Ozzy's life, dragging him away from drug and alcohol addictions, carefully caressing his career back into stardom, only to turn Ozzy and their kids into a world-wide televisual pantomime for the sole purpose of making as much money as possible. How she can hold her head high while riding on the financial coat-tails of such skulduggery aggravates me intensely.

But then, she's her father's daughter after all. ;) :(

The Pepsi Challenge
22-Feb-08, 04:09
I sense a scandal of Blue Peter proportions.

Metalattakk
22-Feb-08, 04:23
I sense an opinion of Paris Hilton proportions.

The Pepsi Challenge
22-Feb-08, 04:34
At least I'd get paid for it.
:)

Metalattakk
22-Feb-08, 04:37
So why are you wasting your earning time posting here, where you get nothing for it apart from a sound virtual erse-kicking? :D

Go and earn your corn, boy. :lol:

northener
22-Feb-08, 10:16
It's bad enough watching all the chummy back-slapping, let alone having to put up with people with egos bigger than my own. Christ, it's nearly as bad as the .Org!

I didn't see it as I had better things to do, like sticking a galvanised bucket on my head and repeatedly hitting the sides with a 2lb hammer.

northener
22-Feb-08, 10:19
Hello, there's something wrong with my 'reply' software.

Cant post smilies, space or paragraph.

Sorted!

Venture
22-Feb-08, 10:35
At least Amy Winehouse kept it together.....just. Totally brilliant singer its sad how her fame has brought her so many problems in her personal life.

Ash
22-Feb-08, 15:46
brit awards were ace

mika and beth ditto at start = amazing

loved the presenting its just abit of fun, lighten up

amy winehouse was amazing

cannot stand paul mcartney:eek:

balto
22-Feb-08, 15:53
i thought the brit awards was really good this year, the osbournes brought a normally bland ceromoney to life. sharon o is brilliant:Razz:Razz

dandod
22-Feb-08, 16:41
i thought it was brill!! the osbournes really made the whole thing.and to those who complained about you could have changed the channel[lol]

Kevin Milkins
22-Feb-08, 16:57
Its refreshing to read read other people,s opinions that are totaly different to mine IE the Osbournes,however we can agree that Beth Ditto ,Mika ,Amy were great and I am not a fan of Sir Paul but I was sugesting that he conducted himself in a manner that one would hope and expect of any high profile person that is likley to be seen by a very wide audiance.This site has laws on what can and cant be said as not to upset anybody and it seems most abide with that with good will.
Christ I think I am beginning to sound like the old fart that I am.
Pull the plug quick before I go into a tirade of bad language

rainbow
22-Feb-08, 17:01
I was far from impressed with the Brits - and as for the Osbornes, they were crap. I am sure Sharon was drunk - if we performed like that at work we would get our P45!!

Penelope Pitstop
22-Feb-08, 17:07
loved the presenting its just abit of fun, lighten up

amy winehouse was amazing

cannot stand paul mcartney:eek:

Yeah I agree.

Yipeee....someone else who isn't in the Paul Mcartney fan club ........I find his music so boring ! lol

Goes without saying that I can't stand the Beatles either...........lol God, I'll get slated now!! ...I'm running for cover............lol[lol]

Ash
22-Feb-08, 17:15
Yeah I agree.

Yipeee....someone else who isn't in the Paul Mcartney fan club ........I find his music so boring ! lol

Goes without saying that I can't stand the Beatles either...........lol God, I'll get slated now!! ...I'm running for cover............lol[lol]

im glad someone agrees with me, cant stand beatles either wohoo :D

Penelope Pitstop
22-Feb-08, 17:27
I was far from impressed with the Brits - and as for the Osbornes, they were crap. I am sure Sharon was drunk - if we performed like that at work we would get our P45!!

I don't think she was....it's just the way she is :lol:

She doesn't care....take it or leave it ....would appear to be her attitude towards herself. (Same as myself. lol)

percy toboggan
22-Feb-08, 17:30
Lady Penelope?? You don't like the Beatles ? Gosh...fair doo's. I turned off during Macca's set - I love 'em, have since I was twelve, and I always will...but he's looking a little jaded and needs to change his regular choice of songs. He should have done 'Jet' 'Big Barn Bed' or 'Maybe I'm Amazed' or summat.

The award ceremony itself?...the set was incredibly tacky..only the Osborne 'kids' emerged with any dignity whatsoever. The mothers outburst at a drink sodden Vic Reeves was an utter disgrace. So wa she...why ask a convicted drunk driver to present an award when he's drunk at the time.

Drink was generally too much in evidence....if Take That are the best 'live act' then 'Gawd 'elp us' (they ain't bad mind) I've now't agin 'em.....Who or WHY is Mark Ronson?......Amy Winehouse looked like she's got ants in her knickers and resembles a Colombian ladyboy who'se been fleeced at a blind tatooists...(half decent voice though)....Foo Fighter guy summed it up with their very sarky comments (about winning same award as Bros, Boy George etc) and seemed underwhelmed with their award (we'd really like to be there but we've sold out 'Madison Square Garden'.....Leona Lewis's frock looked like two different ones tacked togewther - she should have stuck with the top half down to the knee...she can sing though...too many dancers around her like wasps around a jampot......Arctic Monkeys?? Never heard a song of theirs but they seem like fun lads...the nearest to any form of 'rebelliousness' which is what rocks about I s'pose.....
Kylie Minogue does nothing for me at all - totally overated in every department....

The whole things resembled a shambles to me...bring back Fleetwood and Fox next year:roll::lol: Owz about a lifetimes achievement for Ringo next? He's a fair auld drummer.

Ash
22-Feb-08, 18:21
Lady Penelope?? You don't like the Beatles ? Gosh...fair doo's. I turned off during Macca's set - I love 'em, have since I was twelve, and I always will...but he's looking a little jaded and needs to change his regular choice of songs. He should have done 'Jet' 'Big Barn Bed' or 'Maybe I'm Amazed' or summat.

The award ceremony itself?...the set was incredibly tacky..only the Osborne 'kids' emerged with any dignity whatsoever. The mothers outburst at a drink sodden Vic Reeves was an utter disgrace. So wa she...why ask a convicted drunk driver to present an award when he's drunk at the time.

Drink was generally too much in evidence....if Take That are the best 'live act' then 'Gawd 'elp us' (they ain't bad mind) I've now't agin 'em.....Who or WHY is Mark Ronson?......Amy Winehouse looked like she's got ants in her knickers and resembles a Colombian ladyboy who'se been fleeced at a blind tatooists...(half decent voice though)....Foo Fighter guy summed it up with their very sarky comments (about winning same award as Bros, Boy George etc) and seemed underwhelmed with their award (we'd really like to be there but we've sold out 'Madison Square Garden'.....Leona Lewis's frock looked like two different ones tacked togewther - she should have stuck with the top half down to the knee...she can sing though...too many dancers around her like wasps around a jampot......Arctic Monkeys?? Never heard a song of theirs but they seem like fun lads...the nearest to any form of 'rebelliousness' which is what rocks about I s'pose.....
Kylie Minogue does nothing for me at all - totally overated in every department....

The whole things resembled a shambles to me...bring back Fleetwood and Fox next year:roll::lol: Owz about a lifetimes achievement for Ringo next? He's a fair auld drummer.

why watch it then if you havent a clue who half of todays artists are?
leona lewis looked amazing her voice was amazing and i loved her dancers

The Pepsi Challenge
22-Feb-08, 18:33
So why are you wasting your earning time posting here, where you get nothing for it apart from a sound virtual erse-kicking? :D

Go and earn your corn, boy. :lol:

You need some new material Metal Rainbow.

percy toboggan
22-Feb-08, 19:26
why watch it then if you havent a clue who half of todays artists are?
leona lewis looked amazing her voice was amazing and i loved her dancers

What exactly are you talking about?
I questioned the relevance of just one Mr.Ronson.
Perhaps his family used to make fag lighters...I dunno but he must know someone with influence.
Shame you can only summon up the one adjective for Ms.Lewis, she deserves better. Her frock however, belonged on a campsite....with pegs through it.

Penelope Pitstop
22-Feb-08, 21:59

The whole things resembled a shambles to me...bring back Fleetwood and Fox next yearOwz about a lifetimes achievement for Ringo next? He's a fair auld drummer.

Percy, I'm Penelope Pitstop not Lady Penelope. lol[lol]

Sorry, Beatles just do nothing for me.....

Leona Lewis has a super voice.....did wonder why she was in her bear feet????

Agree about Kylie...........overated.....her music don't hit the spot either. In fact new material she has out is yuck (IMO) !!!

.....I like Fleetwood MAC too......!!

Boozeburglar
22-Feb-08, 22:01
I would find it hard to believe that nothing the Beatles did would move someone.

Penelope Pitstop
22-Feb-08, 22:13
I would find it hard to believe that nothing the Beatles did would move someone.

.......Sorry!!

psyberyeti
22-Feb-08, 22:39
Hmmm, if it was'nt for Mrs Osbourne, Ozzy, the greatest singing voice alive, would not be with us. We have her to thank for that. You think we've got it bad - Ozzy has to live with the insane woman.:lol:
I'll just repeat that in case any of you missed it - Ozzy, the greatest singing voice alive!! A rock God of absolute mega proportions. Better than yer newfangled created plastic performers, What's the name of his band, er Sabbath, er, Bloody Sabbath:cool: Sorry, I'm getting carried away (or maybe just Paranoid) so I'll shut up now before I get Sabotage(d) - Ozzy is my god.

Sapphire2803
22-Feb-08, 23:34
Amy Winehouse looked like she's got ants in her knickers and resembles a Colombian ladyboy who'se been fleeced at a blind tatooists...(half decent voice though)....
By Crikey! you're on form tonight Percy!
I actually did laugh out loud at that one!

What exactly are you talking about?
I questioned the relevance of just one Mr.Ronson.
Perhaps his family used to make fag lighters...I dunno but he must know someone with influence.
Shame you can only summon up the one adjective for Ms.Lewis, she deserves better. Her frock however, belonged on a campsite....with pegs through it.
My cackling brought my son rushing through from the other end of the house, to see what was going on. I did try to explain... through fits of giggles... He went off shaking his head [lol]

As to the brits, surely the ONLY reason to watch that tripe is to see how terrible everyone looks or sounds. Who messes up and ends up looking a tit and then to go to an online forum the next day and moan about the whole thing!

Oh yeah.....;)

Looby2K7
23-Feb-08, 00:19
Fame, fame, fame, im glad im just an ordinary peep..yeah im sure its nice to be sitting on a fortune and know that your future is secure for yourself and ur kids but at the end of the day im happy just being normal and no living with my head in the clouds...:cool:

Sapphire2803
23-Feb-08, 00:35
Fame, fame, fame, im glad im just an ordinary peep..yeah im sure its nice to be sitting on a fortune and know that your future is secure for yourself and ur kids but at the end of the day im happy just being normal and no living with my head in the clouds...:cool:

I'm quite happy not to be famous, but I pray I never end up being normal ;)

nicnic74
23-Feb-08, 10:57
I watched the brit awards the other nite & was really enjoying it the music was really good really enjoyed listening to Mica as i hadnt heard him before & am now going to go & buy his cd & was delited we Take That getting a cple o Brits but then it was all spoilt by Sharons outburst there was no need for it at all the language was terrible i hate the b word anyway i had to turn over to another channel after that till she was finished her wee outburst. Hope it's someone else presenting it next year

footie chick
23-Feb-08, 11:03
enjoyed listening to Mica as i hadnt heard him before & am now going to go & buy his cd & was delited we

His CD has to be one of the best albums I've bought in ages not a bad song on it. Enjoy

percy toboggan
23-Feb-08, 14:51
.....I like Fleetwood MAC too......!!

Oh Blimey PP ! I was a Mac/Nicks devotee for decades...a bit of an anorak about 'em really. Splendid stuff....not keen on 'Little Lies' though :(...one of their most popular of recent times ...I thought it bobbins!
Surely 'Rumours' is up there with the best of them...I remember buying it -the gatefold....it blew me away.

(sapphire - glad I made you chuckle)

honey
23-Feb-08, 15:12
L

if Take That are the best 'live act' then 'Gawd 'elp us' (they ain't bad mind) .

you obviously have not seen them live, they may be a boy band, but they put a fantastic show on.. I have been lucky enough to see their last 2 concerts, and nothing will beat it (except maybe meeting Mark Owen when he was gigging in glasgow!!!:cool:)

percy toboggan
23-Feb-08, 16:29
[quote=honey;344828]you obviously have not seen them live, they may be a boy band, but they put a fantastic show on....quote]

No I haven't. I do quite like them though now they have matured. My point was that I felt it a shame the best 'live' act are not really musicians. More vocalists and movers...with the exception of Gary Barlow, who plays the joanna and writes some good songs. When I think live act I tend to think of 'The Who' or 'Free' maybe 'Bad Company'...'Queen' or even 'The Levellers', or 'Oasis'.
I do have a copy of TT's last album in my car but never play it...my mind is not closed to them and I'm not knocking them....honest. Perhaps I should have been a little more energetic in my phraseology...my comment was a tad lazy.

p.s. you say 'nothing will beat TT' yet cannot know that...someone else might blow you away before you're done.I can remember thinking Freddie & the Dreamers were the bees knees! :roll:

honey
23-Feb-08, 16:40
all the lads play instuments, its just Gary is famous for it... and i dont think anythign will beat them.. saying that, i have been a fan since the start, so nothing is going to compare to seeing them for the 1st time..... Queen might have, but alas... that aint gonna be something i ever see..

Sporran
10-Mar-08, 04:48
Leona Lewis has a super voice.....did wonder why she was in her bear feet????

I agree she has a super voice, but they looked like her own feet to me, lol! ;) Perhaps her one of her high heels broke, or something like that. I thought her lavender dress was gorgeous!

Yes, I finally got to see the BRIT Awards tonight, when they were televised on BBC America. I thought Leona Lewis gave the best live performance of all. She is a truly talented singer, and should have won the award for Best British Female Solo Artist, in my opinion. I've always been a Beatles fan, but Paul McCartney is past his sell by date, I'm afraid. I wish Amy Winehouse would sing in time with the music, and I agree with Percy's comments on her. She certainly acted like she had ants in her pants, lol!

As for Sharon Osbourne, I usually quite like her, but she got on my nerves this time - even before her disgraceful outburst at Vic Reeves. She seemed to be trying to steal the whole show, if you ask me, and her bratish, foul-mouthed tirade aimed at Vic was not necessary. The woman should be ashamed of herself! [disgust] Her kids certainly behaved a lot better than she did!

Kevin Milkins
10-Mar-08, 11:15
I agree she has a super voice, but they looked like her own feet to me, lol! ;) Perhaps her one of her high heels broke, or something like that. I thought her lavender dress was gorgeous!

Yes, I finally got to see the BRIT Awards tonight, when they were televised on BBC America. I thought Leona Lewis gave the best live performance of all. She is a truly talented singer, and should have won the award for Best British Female Solo Artist, in my opinion. I've always been a Beatles fan, but Paul McCartney is past his sell by date, I'm afraid. I wish Amy Winehouse would sing in time with the music, and I agree with Percy's comments on her. She certainly acted like she had ants in her pants, lol!

As for Sharon Osbourne, I usually quite like her, but she got on my nerves this time - even before her disgraceful outburst at Vic Reeves. She seemed to be trying to steal the whole show, if you ask me, and her bratish, foul-mouthed tirade aimed at Vic was not necessary. The woman should be ashamed of herself! [disgust] Her kids certainly behaved a lot better than she did!
I watched Al Murrys happy hour on Friday and Kelly Osbourne was a guest on there. I thought she was doing ok untill she started swearing and I lost interest. It is just so unneccesery.

trix
10-Mar-08, 12:35
paul macartney - past his sell by date???

eh?? :confused

i hev til disagree wi ye there. am no a beeg fan o' his but i still hev massive respect for him as a musician.

let 'e auld cheil be, ats what i say...

Kevin Milkins
10-Mar-08, 12:45
I watched the Brit Awards last night against my better judgment and cannot beleive some of the things I saw.At least good old Sir Paul managed to bring some order to the show and showed why he has had such a long carear.

I think there has been a missunderstang in what I said about Sir Paul in my original thread above. Used to like some of the Beatle stuff but the point I was making is he behaved in a manner that you would hope a celebrity of his standing to behave. Sharron Osbourne on the other hand was an absolute embarresment.

trix
10-Mar-08, 12:52
hi kev

na, i did get fit ye meant. it wis sporran that said he wis past his sell by date, i ment til stick up for macartney previously but i never got roond til it :roll:

sorry for 'e confusion.....x

sids
10-Mar-08, 13:24
I thought she was doing ok untill she started swearing and I lost interest. It is just so unneccesery.

How do you cope in everyday life, if swearing gives you such a pain in the ****?

Kevin Milkins
10-Mar-08, 13:50
How do you cope in everyday life, if swearing gives you such a pain in the ****?

I am not above bad language and as a former coal miner and rugby player I have used and heard more than most. I think the casual use of strong language on tv by so called high profile cellebs not nice.
I was stood buying an ice cream last night at Johns ice cream van and youngsters turning out Osbournes vocabulary in front of little kids shows just how sloppy we have become with what is and not acceptable today.

Sporran
10-Mar-08, 16:45
paul macartney - past his sell by date???

eh?? :confused

i hev til disagree wi ye there. am no a beeg fan o' his but i still hev massive respect for him as a musician.

let 'e auld cheil be, ats what i say...

OK, maybe I was being a bit harsh on Sir Paul (or maybe Heather Mills was sending me some subliminal messages, lol! ;)). He got off on a wrong note with me with his boring opening number 'Everybody's Gonna Dance Tonight', or whatever it was. His following songs were better. The problem is, I still remember Paul in his prime, and the comparison was inevitable for me.

I wish Amy Winehouse would sing in time with the music, and I agree with Percy's comments on her. She certainly acted like she had ants in her pants, lol!

On second thoughts, maybe they were bees from her beehive hairdo, lol! ;-)