PDA

View Full Version : I Don't BELIEVE it.......

anneoctober
21-Feb-08, 21:32
Who ever the smart know it all was - who said "never work with animals or children" - must have had prior knowledge of our grandson Connor ! The entourage were up staying with us for the last of our own bairnies to get married. Wedding went well, Saturday was spent recuperating, Sunday was Connor's belated birthday outing to the Bowling Alley for fun and food with the surviving members of the family!
To be honest , Connor was being a complete pain in the butt, doing stuff he should n't have , picking on his wee brother and moaning that "Uncle Dougie" had spoiled his birthday by getting married on the same day...........:eek: after he'd sneaked off from the garden and arrived triumphantly home with mum & dad in their new car - I took him aside and gave him a right roasting (verbally I hasten to add!) That oh so familiar, sullen look spread across his face and settled into a huffy grimace ....."forget that nonsense I told him, we're going out for your birthday and you're coming regardless"! Nana had spoken..........
The trip went well, we all had fun (especially Connor!) returned en mass and after packing up their stuff, Wm Lynne & the boys said their goodbyes. Connor said he was really sorry, he loved me and would n't be bad again, "not to worry" says I "But I'm really sorry Nana" hugging me so tight my eyeballs were red! Kisses , hugs, squeal of the tyres and they were gone.
Right a quick peek at the Org to see what's been happening over the weekend then off to bed. The next few minutes saw me wrestling with door handle, what on earth was the matter wi the damn thing? George!
My superhero tried to open the door but to no avail. I could hear my "pooter" calling my name in a seductive tone, could we get the door open....... could we **** !! Something must have gotten wedged behind the door? Nope, if that was the case the door would have opened a wee bit.......... OMG - the penny dropped - the door was LOCKED from the inside. ( yale lock from our days of having the sub post office in the house). Connor the little begger had put on the lock, then closed the door behind him ( locking the keys inside!) THAT was why he was " so sorry Nana" and in my head all I could hear was Victor Meldew' s voice..... :eek:

Thumper
21-Feb-08, 21:35
Thats because he takes after his nana and has a streak of devilment in him ;) x

nanoo
21-Feb-08, 21:46
Well i don't believe it. Awwww poor Anne,;) i bet you were glad he had already gone or you might have done something you would later regret. Ah well, as they say, kids will be kids. He did say sorry after all.:roll:

anneoctober
21-Feb-08, 21:53
Well i don't believe it. Awwww poor Anne,;) i bet you were glad he had already gone or you might have done something you would later regret. Ah well, as they say, kids will be kids. He did say sorry after all.
I must admit, half of me wanted to strangle him, ( especially when the joiner was "accessing" the room) the other half was like - what a smart little begger..............[lol]

nanoo
21-Feb-08, 21:56
I must admit, half of me wanted to strangle him, ( especially when the joiner was "accessing" the room) the other half was like - what a smart little begger..............[lol]Ahhhh yes, you love him really though and that's all that matters. ;)

Rie
22-Feb-08, 03:15
Kids...got to love em! just thank your lucky stars that he is your grandson,andyou can give him back to the parents any time!
And sit back and laugh and think of the trouble he will put his parents through in the comming years!
what a smart little cookie!