PDA

View Full Version : Convenient, not so convenient?

WildThing
21-Feb-08, 18:51
Why do we presume a great big large convenient shop with easy parking is cheaper than the wee guy who has been down the street for years, has provided a professional service, knows his/her business inside and out? For instance, last month there I was out there lookin - a ha, I thought, nip in here, no thought about cost until it came to the crunch - then I decided I would go look about, just because - well the 'wee guy' won hands down - got a surprise. I guess it was the convenience parking that did it for me as I don't walk the length of myself most days. Good job I stopped for a thought.

;)

WeeBurd
21-Feb-08, 19:51
Why do we presume a great big large convenient shop with easy parking is cheaper than the wee guy who has been down the street for years, has provided a professional service, knows his/her business inside and out? For instance, last month there I was out there lookin - a ha, I thought, nip in here, no thought about cost until it came to the crunch - then I decided I would go look about, just because - well the 'wee guy' won hands down - got a surprise. I guess it was the convenience parking that did it for me as I don't walk the length of myself most days. Good job I stopped for a thought.

;)

Eh? :confused

I wouldn't be without my wee local shop, it serves as an important part of the village community, but make no mistake, it is in general far more expensive than the big shops you refer to. Whilst hubby was away working, I relied quite heavily on my local shop for daily bits and bobs (milk, papers, bakery), and I definitely felt the pinch. My money simply didn't go nearly as far as it does in, say the Co-Op or Tescos.