PDA

View Full Version : Online Divorce

stratman
21-Feb-08, 13:24
Anyone used one of the many online quickie divorce services advertised? Was it as easy as they suggest? What hidden costs were there?

Thumper
21-Feb-08, 13:35
you can only use it if you dont have children x

justine
21-Feb-08, 13:54
you have got to be kidding us.When did they start doing online divorces..What madness will be next..Online virual marriages...

cuddlepop
21-Feb-08, 14:16
you can only use it if you dont have children x
can you use it Thumper if the children are over 16?

Thumper
21-Feb-08, 14:18
I think so cuddlepop,as far as I am aware its only if there are children under 16 and custody issues would be involved that you cant use it x

cuddlepop
21-Feb-08, 14:26
I think so cuddlepop,as far as I am aware its only if there are children under 16 and custody issues would be involved that you cant use it x
Thanks for that.:D

teddybear1873
21-Feb-08, 15:21
My fiance did an online divorce. She has 3 kids. Was very easy for her, quick and cheap. She was divorced within 3-4 months. I would say use it if your ex partner will consent and sign the documents needed and they need to be notarized. If theres problems you will probebly better of with a lawyer

_Ju_
21-Feb-08, 15:22
you have got to be kidding us.When did they start doing online divorces..What madness will be next..Online virual marriages...

I personally agree with you that marriage is virulent.....;) But I would point out that online virtual marriage is already here.

justine
21-Feb-08, 15:29
I must just be back in the early century, You know when marriage had values and divorce was scarce...I cant believe what can be done with the net..If you have a consenting partner i suppose it means no days off work for court appearences,but its madness...

Thumper
21-Feb-08, 16:41
My fiance did an online divorce. She has 3 kids. Was very easy for her, quick and cheap. She was divorced within 3-4 months. I would say use it if your ex partner will consent and sign the documents needed and they need to be notarized. If theres problems you will probebly better of with a lawyer

well all the ones I looked at online said that you can't use the service if you have children :confusedx

Kevin Milkins
21-Feb-08, 20:59
Interesting conception.
I don ,t get much luck with women.
My first wife left me and my second one wont

JOKE OF COURSE:lol:

But if you can meet on line and get married on line then it follows you should be able to divorce on line.

dessie
21-Feb-08, 21:17
nice remarks kevin lol

Highland Laddie
21-Feb-08, 21:21
My best friend went off with my wife and took my dog

Now what sort of a best friend takes a mans dog.

Only joking, 33 years married and still going strong.

WeeBurd
21-Feb-08, 21:38
Not that I'm contemplating a divorce I must add, however I have no issue with facilities being available on-line to process it. Why not - we do virtually everything else on-line?

anneoctober
21-Feb-08, 21:48
Interesting conception.
I don ,t get much luck with women.
My first wife left me and my second one wont

JOKE OF COURSE:lol:

But if you can meet on line and get married on line then it follows you should be able to divorce on line.
I'm afraid IF there is "conception" Kevin - ye canna do it online - the divorce I mean.......[lol]

Rie
22-Feb-08, 03:06
O.M.G. I had no idea you could get on line divorce's could some one give me the address of one? and does the 2 year seperation period still apply?
I presume they are cheaper than getting solicitors involved,if all partys agree.

theone
22-Feb-08, 03:10
With the amount of people on here with an online social life I'm really not surprised!

Metalattakk
22-Feb-08, 04:48
I'm surprised ye canna do it by text, these days...

brandy
22-Feb-08, 09:12
nope thats just for breaking up!

BRIE
22-Feb-08, 10:31
Its a heck of alot cheaper than going through a solicitor! I was told it would cost £1500-£2000. online its around £400.
yes you can use the online divorce if your child is over 16.